• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NorCal Regionals 10 | Fighting game tournament | March 24-25

Azure J

mj-laughing6t31n.gif

MarlinPie can block. The problem is when he does, the game is completely broken at that point because you can't comprehend the nature of his attack n shit. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If anything, the relentless offense of MvC3 is what makes it infinitely better to watch than other games. There's a sweet spot for pacing, but the urgency MvC3 brings is what keeps it tense, the transition between offense and defense is much quicker. Fuck up and you could lose a crucial element of your team to bright colours flying across the screen. It's high stakes, which gives it the erroneous "random" feel. X-Factor is a threat, yes matches can come down to X-Factor use but I actually like that. You have X-Factor and meter which are just additional items for your arsenal on top of your moves. Whoever used them most effectively reaps the rewards. X-Factor brings the hype and is a crucial element of why MvC3 is so hype. Ain't nothing random about it. Gamble it early? Your fault. Save it for later and not get a chance to use it? Your fault. Fuck up a guard cancel? Your fault. It ain't perfect, but it's not a free win either. Not even close.

And it's only getting more interesting with set ups that force you to blow X-Factor or test your faith in endurance. If you find the damage boosts uninteresting, find solace in people trying to make others lose the precious resource.

SamVimes

If anything, the relentless offense of MvC3 is what makes it infinitely better to watch than other games. There's a sweet spot for pacing, but the urgency MvC3 brings is what keeps it tense, the transition between offense and defense is much quicker. Fuck up and you could lose a crucial element of your team to bright colours flying across the screen. It's high stakes, which gives it the erroneous "random" feel. X-Factor is a threat, yes matches can come down to X-Factor use but I actually like that. You have X-Factor and meter which are just additional items for your arsenal on top of your moves. Whoever used them most effectively reaps the rewards. X-Factor brings the hype and is a crucial element of why MvC3 is so hype. Ain't nothing random about it. Gamble it early? Your fault. Save it for later and not get a chance to use it? Your fault. Fuck up a guard cancel? Your fault. It ain't perfect, but it's not a free win either. Not even close.

You know why top players think that long sets are more indicative of skill? Because then it doesn't come down on a random fuckup or novelties which is basically what marvel 3 is founded on.

But i guess it comes down to decide between a solid game and one who's fun to watch because HYPE BABY.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Havent read the thread but hope you guys enjoyed the stream. MVC3 was awesome! Ill be getting vids up over the next week or two.

zlatko

Banned
Havent read the thread but hope you guys enjoyed the stream. MVC3 was awesome! Ill be getting vids up over the next week or two.

Thank you Lord Haunts.

Did you enjoy KoF? Did you enter in it? Catch any of the MLG KoF?

Also, most of the thread has been chat about how unhype SFxT is, and the hopes from a lot of us that it becomes a 2v2 game to possibly make it more interesting.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Thank you Lord Haunts.

Did you enjoy KoF? Did you enter in it? Catch any of the MLG KoF?

Also, most of the thread has been chat about how unhype SFxT is, and the hopes from a lot of us that it becomes a 2v2 game to possibly make it more interesting.

Couldnt enter KOF. Too busy. :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You know why top players think that long sets are more indicative of skill? Because then it doesn't come down on a random fuckup or novelties which is basically what marvel 3 is founded on.

But i guess it comes down to decide between a solid game and one who's fun to watch because HYPE BABY.
Novelties?

If "solid game" translates to "boring game" like Justin Wong thinks, no thanks.

Then how come Marvel isn't 3/5 yet when it needs it since it has no rounds?

And Marvel isn't based on random mess ups or novelties. It is based on spacing, mix ups, frame data but at a high octane speed.

And yes, marvel three follows this as well surprisingly.

Tizoc

If GAF still allowed GIF avys I'd make one of the dude in the corner, his face is awesome XD

Ugh can't believe I missed this, are the highlights up on YT?

Top Bottom