• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nordic Games underway with another Wii U game, specifically an Action Adventure title

From Reinhard Pollice at Nordic (same person who said Nordic's looking into DAH possibilities) who said when I asked of future Wii U support:

Yes, we have one in the works...I think Action Adventure fans will enjoy this a lot...

https://twitter.com/ElMegalomator/status/740124098706198528

This makes me consider a few candidates;

1. de Blob 1, 2, or both. de Blob 2 being the most likely as it's already in HD on PS360. Here they could also include the Wii version's controls (maybe even provide an option to mimic de Blob 1's controls like flick upward to jump), and also use the GamePad for painting ideas. Trouble is... who would do it? Blue Tongue's long gone.

2. Darksiders 1. Gunfire Games did DS2: Deathinitive Edition on PS4 and XBO and were formed by ex-Vigil folks.

3. Deadly Creatures. Rainbow was revived by Nordic and recently made MX vs. ATV Supercross. They'd likely need to include the Wii original's controls and maybe use touch controls for attacks. Not even sure if the game could work with just buttons.... maybe.

4. Destroy all Humans. Least likely only because Reinhard implied they've only started considering options for the series. It can happen, but that soon? Assuming this Wii U game is due this year maybe. Oh and they'd likely need/want ex-Pandemic folks to work on it.

Can't really think of other games that would fit the bill. Legend of Kay was the only Action Adventure IP from their JoWood catalogue IIRC and that happened already.

What are your thoughts and possible ideas?

I'm gonna go with Darksiders 1 port, which would be cool as I enjoyed it more than the second.

The inclusion of the second in the humble bundle could also lend to the idea. I think a lot of Wii U owners have the second game due to it's inclusion, the multiple $5 sales they've had and the recent physical reprint of the game.

I'm gonna go with Darksiders 1 port, which would be cool as I enjoyed it more than the second.

The inclusion of the second in the humble bundle could also lend to the idea. I think a lot of Wii U owners have the second game due to it's inclusion, the multiple $5 sales they've had and the recent physical reprint of the game.

What? Never heard of that; is it for US only? Does it include THQ branding, of have they rebranded it as a game by Nordic Games?

What? Never heard of that; is it for US only? Does it include THQ branding, of have they rebranded it as a game by Nordic Games?

Right here! :)

post-5516-0-96434100-1416333261.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=935269

However I didn't see one in Canada so far, so maybe it's US-only? Don't know about EU.

tail-end Wii U title, they'd be nuts if they put any real resources into it.

Nordic Games has re-re-re-released the Painkiller series on as many platforms as they've been able, so I'd figure its that, or something that's also not surprising (Legend of Kay sequel that's also multiplat, something like that).

tail-end Wii U title, they'd be nuts if they put any real resources into it.

Nordic Games has re-re-re-released the Painkiller series on as many platforms as they've been able, so I'd figure its that, or something that's also not surprising (Legend of Kay sequel that's also multiplat, something like that).

I remember when a Painkiller game was rumored to be Wii U-bound before launch:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=486983

Never happened for some reason.

I would buy the shit outta a de Blob remaster. Those games were such a joy to play, gave me a feeling of exploration like the first time I played SM64 or BK.

Honestly I think it is Darksiders 1. Also, it would be nice if they could also finish that long abandoned patch of DS2 on Wii U that apparently Vigil were underway with but were shutdown before finishing it. :(

Does anyone know what the patch entailed?

Not that I know of, but I would assume it would've added more polish like V-Sync (it's one of the rare games on Wii U with screen-tearing. Amazing Spider-Man 1 being another) and maybe ironing out the framerate since I think it's less even than other versions?

11redder

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 published by Nordic Games popped up on the eshop today - is this the game they were referring to?

You really do love Nordic's support of WiiU, huh?

It is very interesting to see a pub of this size supporting the console though, very cool.

Toxi

Banned
Is Deadly Creatures really that good? Been interested in it for a while but not sure if I should do so.
No. It's a cool concept, but the game is nothing special. Still, it's not like there's much competition out there for games that let you play as realistic arachnids.

You really do love Nordic's support of WiiU, huh?

It is very interesting to see a pub of this size supporting the console though, very cool.

Well, they are the only 3rd-party actually giving Wii U the time of day (aside from yearly Skylanders and Lego games), and their catalogue is pretty decent, and they do a good job with quality remasters, all at a great price. :p

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
How are the Wii U versions of Kay and Unwritten, btw?
I'd like a Darksiders 1 Wii U edition, because I have the second one for Wii U while the first one got lost (it was a 360 version) ;\

How are the Wii U versions of Kay and Unwritten, btw?
I'd like a Darksiders 1 Wii U edition, because I have the second one for Wii U while the first one got lost (it was a 360 version) ;\

Unwritten's performance on Wii U is...

You could say...

UNWRITTEN! *hit by tomato*

Kay actually took advantage of a delay by allowing the Wii U version to run in 900p as opposed to the planned 720p and somehow also added 1080p support for the UI or something?

Fake edit: This bit:

A few weeks ago, we had the opportunity to interview the developer behind Legend of Kay Anniversary. One of the things Peter Thierolf from Kaiko confirmed to us at the time was that it was running at 720p on Wii U. But with some extra development, the game’s resolution has increased.

Thierolf has informed Nintendo Everything that Kaiko was able to upgrade Legend of Kay Anniversary’s rendering with some optimizations and fine-tuning. Currently, it “renders the scene in 1600*900 and outputs in 1080p with extra crisp UI”. Of course, Legend of Kay Anniversary still runs at 60 frames per second, and features full screen anti-aliasing.

Legend of Kay Anniversary launches this summer.

http://nintendoeverything.com/legend-of-kay-anniversary-now-outputs-at-1080p-on-wii-u/

PS4 version is full 1080p IIRC, and I would assume the PS360 versions (those are digital only, and yep, there's no XBO version, for whatever reason) are 720p.

So it may indeed be one of the games on Wii U with improvements over the PS360 versions.

Top Bottom