• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nordstrom's stock price has climbed more than 7% since Trump lashed out at them

Status
Not open for further replies.
If President Trump is trying to hurt Nordstrom, it appears he's failed.
The company's stock price has climbed more than 7% since Trump lashed out at the company on Twitter Wednesday morning.
The president claimed his daughter, Ivanka, "has been treated so unfairly" by Nordstrom (JWN) because the company decided last week to stop carrying clothes and accessories from her fashion label. The company has said it parted ways with the Ivanka Trump brand due to declining sales.
After the Twitter blast, Nordstrom stock dipped slightly before it began climbing -- and Thursday it reached its highest point so far this month. The company's stock price surpassed the $46 mark Thursday -- compared to its Just before Trump posted the attack, Nordstrom's stock price was at $42.65.
The boost has helped Nordstrom's stock nearly recover all the losses its taken since the beginning of the year.
It's a welcome boost for the retailer, considering Nordstrom -- like many brick-and-mortar retailers -- has been struggling against e-commerce giants like Amazon (AMZN, Tech30). Despite the surge and an August earnings report that beat Wall Street's expectations, its stock is still down more than 9% over the last 12 months.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/09/inv...dstrom-stock0805PMVODtopPhoto&linkId=34331134

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I hope this pisses off Trump more.

Seriously, stressing this guy and his cabinet out of office seems like one of the best ways we can fight back right now, because clearly the government isn't calling him out on his shit.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Wonder how many other companies will dump trump products after this and if this is the reason Conway was peddling Ivankas crap to the republican base on fox this morning.

HaloSon

Banned
I work right next to a Nordstrom's have never stepped foot in there in my entire life. Tempted to buy some socks but naw.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Between this and the Super Bowl, it seems like corporate America is realizing Trumpism is way too toxic to be associated with.

Nordstrom sells great clothes and I'd recommend people buy from them. If the prices are too high, see if there's a Nordstrom Rack around you. I work near one and stop by once every few weeks just to see if I can catch a deal on some clothes, especially Denim as Nordstrom sells Paige, AG, LBM, and a lot of the denim brands I like.

I remember reading something about Nordstrom sueing Easy D over this. I don't know if they have any legal grounds to do so, but I hope they do

Maybe his cratering popularity has already inverted that effect, and the day traders will be goading Trump into trolling one of their stock positions.

Haha, that would be something.

"Please, Mr. President, shit on us on Twitter. Your hatred turns our stocks to gold! Truly a midas touch!"

RinsFury

Hahaha. Take that you dumbass, lets see every business associated with the Trump name crash and burn to the ground!

Ithil

Soon

"Hey president dipshit, we won't carry any brands related to your family because they sell like crap, look at us not doing anything for you!"

Socivol

The issue with this is that most people that support Trump couldn't afford to shop at Nordstrom anyways so them being upset wouldn't hurt their bottomline at all. It's the same as the boycott Hamilton movement for people that weren't going to see it anyway.

SigSig

Well, they did get rid of products that didn't sell, so thanks to Trump for pointing that out. Always helping out American businesses lmao

Violater

I hope this becomes a trend.
Keep protesting with your wallets people.

Under Armor can get bent for all I care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom