• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Norman Reedus Confirms Death Stranding 2

kondorBonk

I LOVED Death Stranding. Although, I don't know where you would go from there? All questions answered, you've explored all of America, prevented extinction, etc. The world was super well thought out but I don't have any lingering questions. Even exploring the world, terrain should more or less be the same with most everything effected by the rain.

Kojima has danced around a lot of cool projects and in his early career. I was under the impression he couldn't get away from Metal Gear after a while and I was hoping he would bring more unique experiences each time whether that be horror like Silent Hill or Cop Drama like Snatchers.

Hopefully it's a misunderstanding of some kind (DLC or Kojima using him in a new project). Either way, he's steering his own ship at this point so no matter what his next project ends up being, I'll be all over.

mortal

Gold Member
sam-porter-bridges-death-stranding.gif

Metnut

Would rather see Kojima do something new, but I’d def play another Death Stranding. Game had a lot that I liked and a lot that annoyed me, so they could iterate on it and make something great.

Reactions: K2D

Jormatar

First game was definately a unique experience and I enjoyed it despite its flaws. If DS2 does happen, I hope they focus little bit more on the action to make gameplay more interesting for people. Also focus more on the weird creatures and mystery surrounding them.

For me the biggest disappointment of Death Stranding was how much it focused on human relationships instead of the mystery that the first few trailers teased. People wanted MGS-like experience but they really didn't get one.

yurinka

Back in August 2021 Norman Reedus already talked about the sequel:
"I think we're doing a second Death Stranding. The game is in negotiations right now. So... yay!"
https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/08/30/norman-reedus-says-death-stranding-2-is-in-negotiations

Just started it? 3 years later?

I mean im glad that there is a DS2 but why did it take them 3 years to greenlight it?
Because during these 3 years they were busy developing and releasing these projects:
  • DS (PC) July 14, 2020
  • DS DC (PS) September 24, 2021
  • DS DC (PC) March 30, 2022
Plus according to Kojima the covid pandemic severely affected their productivity during lockdowns.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
nice. Death Stranding is the best game. Didn't need a sequel. Not sure what they will do there
Well, the first game was about reconnecting America. You build roads, bridges, and reconnect bases. What if for the second, you build entire cities and repopulate America. The new Zen 2 CPUs should allow for a far more complex open world environments with asynchronous online world building where others can help you build your cities and towns.

Metal Gear Survive had this really nifty base building for the end game that you turn your base into a farm, an industrial factory producing all kinds of different stuff that you had to defend from zombie invasions every night. If you skimped on defense, the would overrun the base and you will have to start over. DS can do something like that.

jaysius

Banned
The first one really finished the story nicely, I dunno if they can catch lightning in a jar twice.

A sequel NEEDS terrain deformation like in Mudrunner/Snowrunner.

Kojima never makes the same game twice so who knows what the story and theme are gonna be for the next game?

I’m always ready for more Kojima-quirk. Glad he’s sticking with Sony after all the evidence posted

Last edited:

Elios83

I loved the first although surely it was peculiar.
If they're making a second I'm sure they'll try to make it more mainstream so I expect that some frustrating/too punishing aspects of the delivery system will be toned down while improved combats mechanics and cool boss battles will get a much bigger role.
Kojima knows how to make both gameplay and story twists so it will be really interesting to see the direction he's taking.

• Strength

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
He never said Death Stranding he said SILENT HILL and he mentions part 2 so Kojima Silent Hill 2 remake is confirmed guys

FTNRH-DXsAEbUO-
I think Death Stranding started off originally as Silent Hill, and they turned it into that after the Konami ordeal. Kojima pretty much confirmed that when someone mentioned it in the tweet.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

I loved it and platinum’d it but I dont want a sequel really. Ill buy day 1 and be excited but Kojima could be working on something new, or an older IP instead
Plus the shooting mechanics could be improved on compared to MGSV

Well, the first game was about reconnecting America. You build roads, bridges, and reconnect bases. What if for the second, you build entire cities and repopulate America. The new Zen 2 CPUs should allow for a far more complex open world environments with asynchronous online world building where others can help you build your cities and towns.

Metal Gear Survive had this really nifty base building for the end game that you turn your base into a farm, an industrial factory producing all kinds of different stuff that you had to defend from zombie invasions every night. If you skimped on defense, the would overrun the base and you will have to start over. DS can do something like that.

Lots of cool stuff they can do to expand the gameplay

I just don’t know how they continue the story in a meaningful way, the first game already had good closure

Brock2621

Can’t believe OP was the first to find this 3 days later lol

Jeff grubb is punching the air
Haha what’s funny is it looks like I was the first. Even the Twitter accounts that posted about it that PushSquare is using for sources are an hour after me posting this

EDIT: Nevermind, they fixed it and sourced this thread. Good peeps over there!

Last edited:

kyussman

You know,a second Death Stranding might actually bring me out of my current attitude towards gaming.....and give me something to get excited about.I found the first one to be probably the most immersed I've ever been in a game world.
I don't need another one but I'll take it over the next Ubisoft online shop game.

Top Bottom