• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Norman Reedus Confirms Death Stranding 2

K2D

Banned
Still didn't play DS1 "lollipop_disappointed:

The pacing after the opening slowed down to a crawl for 2 hours. Didn't pick it up again until late last year, and I LOVED it!

DXxQ3wK.jpg

Agenda?

dotnotbot

Kojima pretends to be making second one only because he knows FOMO is strong with gamers and that will help to move some DS1 copies.

I'm not falling for it. Release that MGS 6 already.

Last edited:

splattered

I can't believe that there are currently 5 pages on these rumours. I'm trusting Fatt Slobb over these spoofers Hideo Kojima and Norman Reedus. Who knows more about Kojima Productions than Jeffrey Grubb Esq.

Uhhh those were from mid-end of 2021 and these reedus quotes are way more recent which he states they have just begun production. That doesn't make Grubb wrong going off of last year's information. What are you on about?

Uhhh those were from mid-end of 2021 and these reedus quotes are way more recent which he states they have just begun production. That doesn't make Grubb wrong going off of last year's information. What are you on about?
Certain people are irrationally mad at Jeff Grubb. The reason is obvious.

Dick Jones

Gold Member

Yeah he tweeted those after Reedus said he was in negotiations. Fatt Slobb is still peddling some rubbish that Kojima is making an Xbox exclusive based on what? This. He also has a Switch. Are they buying Nintendo?
qJ9qTwR.jpg

If he wants to drop anything about Xbox then by all means give him some credit. Giving Grubb oxygen about the business of Sony, Nintendo or Japanese games companies needs to stop.

dotnotbot

Yeah he tweeted those after Reedus said he was in negotiations. Fatt Slobb is still peddling some rubbish that Kojima is making an Xbox exclusive based on what? This. He also has a Switch. Are they buying Nintendo?
qJ9qTwR.jpg

If he wants to drop anything about Xbox then by all means give him some credit. Giving Grubb oxygen about the business of Sony, Nintendo or Japanese games companies needs to stop.
Grubb used to have some legit insider info 2 years ago when next-gen consoles were about to launch. Now he's just trying to ride on that fame pretending he knows something but he doesn't know shit, his sources are now "depleted".

Last edited:

ManaByte

Grubb used to have some legit insider info 2 years ago when next-gen consoles were about to launch. Now he's just trying to ride on that fame pretending he knows something but he doesn't know shit, his sources were "depleted".
Except for that Reddit post that showed him as the most reliable of all the leakers, right?

CosmicComet

You can tell he's from the film/tv industry, where there isn't as much secrecy with future projects.

I remember how much trouble Cory got in when he let it slip that he was working on a new GoW after he rejoined Santa Monica back in like 2013.

For all we know, Death Stranding 2 is a ridiculous cloud based game where you have to get resources at certain times, hire real people to do delivery jobs at real times, ect, and Sony said no to it and Microsoft said yes.

ManaByte

Didn’t he make up some stuff which is why he’s banned here?
He got banned because he Tweeted a joke, which he followed up saying was a joke, but in the rush to post leaks of an acquisition in system warring someone posted the joke Tweet as if it was real and then got egg on their face when it turned out to be a joke, then the cries to ban him started and he got banned.

Bragr

Banned
For all we know, Death Stranding 2 is a ridiculous cloud based game where you have to get resources at certain times, hire real people to do delivery jobs at real times, ect, and Sony said no to it and Microsoft said yes.
I honestly believe that the end game for video games as a medium is when you have games that ask you to do things in real life.

He got banned because he Tweeted a joke, which he followed up saying was a joke, but in the rush to post leaks of an acquisition in system warring someone posted the joke Tweet as if it was real and then got egg on their face when it turned out to be a joke, then the cries to ban him started and he got banned.

Well sounds like you deserved it.

dotnotbot

I really don't care about Death Stranding 2 but I still can get some entertainment out of this by making fun of Jeff and Nick

Definitive proof we should stop listening to these clowns when it comes to leaks from the Sony side at least. And if it turns out there's no second game from Kojima and all his effort went into DS2 then maybe we shouldn't listen to them at all.

Trunim

The game got ruined by all the highways and easy shortcuts. I loved the time when I was struggling through the mountains and was short on everything, and suddenly, a ladder across a ravine helped me through. What a game.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I really don't care about Death Stranding 2 but I still can get some entertainment out of this by making fun of Jeff and Nick

Two Xbox simps trying to break news about Sony. I knew the shelf was their source, thanks for providing the receipts.

I noticed there is an award or two on the shelves, can Fatt Slobb confirm Phil Spencer bought that too?
Tom Cruise Lol GIF

We need to stop giving Xbox clowns oxygen about Sony's business.

So many rumours about kojima productions. It'll be funny if it turns out that death stranding 2 was what they been working on this whole time. There is no silent hill game or cloud xbox game. Atleast 1 of those is complete bullshit.

Tiamat2san

I loved the experience this game provided.
I don’t know what clicked with me but I thought it was an amazing concept.
Maybe it’s the loneliness feeling of Sam in this dead , hostile, yet beautiful world.
The story is maybe a little too much convoluted (Kojima) but it was amazing.
I’ll buy a sequel day one.

Can't wait! I want them to massively expand the shit you can build. I want to build railways, airports, boats, armoured vehicles roads that aren't predetermined, gun turrets, etc.

This is only game that could get me excited about driving a heavy goods lorry!

We know what we're getting now so I think it will be recieved better. The first one was too much of a curveball for alor of players.( Some of which have come round to it)

• Thoughtful
Reactions: K2D
its a bit of an anti climax for his next game to be revealed like this. we have speculating for ages and even kojima has been very cryptic and in the end, norman reedus casually leaks death stranding 2. something is off. norman reedus had to have done that on purpose.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
its a bit of an anti climax for his next game to be revealed like this. we have speculating for ages and even kojima has been very cryptic and in the end, norman reedus casually leaks death stranding 2. something is off. norman reedus had to have done that on purpose.
Promote DS2 and release Silent Hills. Some big balls on Kojima to do that.

I feel this is all a ruse.

Norman and Kojima are working on something else, and the "confirmation" of a Death Stranding 2 is just a misdirection.

yeah this is what im thinking too. they are trying to throw us off and keep everyone guessing. theres no way norman would casually reveal a death stranding sequel like that. these guys know they have to be very secretive about unannounced projects.

Last edited:
Promote DS2 and release Silent Hills. Some big balls on Kojima to do that.

Konami owns the Silent Hill IP. When are you going to get that Kojima will never have a chance to work on SH as long as it stays that way. Also, you are basing his quality on a looping hallway demo 7 years ago. If anything, RE8's second boss did a better take on a creepy house than PT ever did. You guys need to move on.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
yeah this is what im thinking too. they are trying to throw us off and keep everyone guessing. theres no way norman would casually reveal a death stranding sequel like that. these guys know they have to be very secretive about unannounced projects.
Exactly. Norman isn't a newbie. He has been working in the media industry for years and now also has experience in the gaming industry. He knows how to keep his mouth shut.

Besides, if Norman indeed slipped the first time when he said "we're negotiating Death Stranding 2", Sony and Kojima would have shut him down after that and made sure that he doesn't reveal anything else. But now he did it again? We'll have to assume that (1) Sony/Kojima never even asked Norman the first time why he said that to the interviewer, or (2) They did, but Norman doesn't give a fuck about contracts or relations.

None of two options sounds plausible.

Top Bottom