• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North America - Kirby's Dream Course hitting New 3DS tomorrow

maxcriden

It's Kirby day I guess, what with Epic Yarn and Mass Attack hitting Wii U VC* also.

kirbys-dream-course-007.png

Zip across checkerboard fairways high above the earth!

Scan the course and check out the obstacles ahead. Get ready for the most surprising game play imaginable in Kirby's battle against King Dedede! This checkerboard challenge brings outrageous hazards and bizarre surfaces. Gordo, Kracko, Whispy Woods and a cast of zany characters await you. Gain special powers including Fireball, Freeze, and Spark. Transform your enemies into stars revealing eight hidden cups. Control the force and angle of your shot and sink Kirby for a hole-in-one!

This game is only playable in 2D.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/kirbys-dream-course-3ds

Via: GoNintendo.com

*technically Epic Yarn is a Wii U eShop release and not VC

--

I wonder if a Kirby sale is too much to hope for.

My cousin had this game and I always thought it was bullshit. I was a stupid kid and never understood how to play it despite repeated explanations.

maxcriden

BTW, I think I have this game on Wii U VC, but... how does on "git gud" at it? Is it physics-based math-type problems? What's the core gameplay about? I didn't quite get it when we tried it previously.

Fake edit: I'm the kid WrenchNinja is talking about above.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I was gonna say this is completely useless without multiplayer but I guess since it's turn-based you can just hand a N3DS back and forth.

maxcriden

Hmm been debating epic yarn for ages now. May bite on it.

Well, I'll quote myself from the other thread:

The two best Kirby games.

Do you guys know how good these games are? It's *unreal*. Two of the very best games Nintendo has ever published.

If you find KEY to be too easy, keep in mind going for 100% is obscenely difficult.

Mass Attack, on the other hand, can be pretty tough throughout.

isitstill

YAAAAS

Oh, this is a good game.

Is there any way to play the multiplayer on 3DS? I don't remember if the original had pass and play.

Boogiepop

I read the title wrong at first glance and thought it said "New Kirby's Dream Course", like if they had put together an eshop sequel for stealth launch for a second. Well, this is good too...

Opa-Pa

Guess that's another week without Mega Man X, eh? Bummer, but I love me some Dream Course, so I'll be getting this any way. So good.
I was gonna say this is completely useless without multiplayer but I guess since it's turn-based you can just hand a N3DS back and forth.

That actually sounds pretty fun, I have to try it.

Top Bottom