• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nostalgia Sells! What BC games would instantly get you to buy an Xbox?

What would it take for you to switch to Xbox?

For me, the following games are games I desperately want to revisit and would love to play on the Xbox One X…

Burnout Revenge - The easiest way for MS to make this happen would be to pay EA to include the Xbox 360 version of this game in their Games for Gold releases, and the contract for this would automatically allow them to make the game available on Xbox One. The songs they can license for cheap from the original release, they should license, and the songs that are modestly pricy to license they can and should replace. This would be an awesome treat for fans of the arcade racers that were killed off by the open world nonsense that was Burnout Paradise.

Red Alert 3 - The best console rts (sorry Halo Wars). Features full fledged base building. Controls like a dream.

Goldeneye - Nintendo’s rights expired, MS owns the code, they already have a working game, they just need to pay a small sum to borrow the Bond license for this one game.

Oculus Rift compatibility - The Xbox One X is undeniably the most powerful VR capable PC under $500, and it sadly doesn’t support VR headsets. I don’t care if it won’t work on the Xbox One S, just let us play these headsets in the living room on the One X. Both the Oculus store and the Vive steam store is packed with tons of VR content that can easily run on the One X.

Diddy Kong Racing - Just like goldeneye, Nintendos rights have expired where as MS through their purchase of Rare owns the code for this far superior to Mario Kart cart racer.

San Fransisco Rush 2049 - Another glorious game I would love to see remastered for the Xbox, though I have no idea what it would take for this to happen.

Battletanx: Global Assault - I have no idea who owns the right to this franchise but a game as fantastic as this one desperately needs a remaster. Those who only played the Playstation port of this game, please don’t dismiss it. You needed to experience the excellent N64 port to appreciate just how amazing this game was.

TimeSplitters 2 or Future Perfect - No explanation needed.

Powerstone 2 - Buy the rights and remake it in 4k 60fps. 6 Player mayhem that is vastly more fun than Smash Brothers.

Unorthodox Choices:

Goldeneye Rogue Agent - A game that was destroyed by poor marketing. It was marketed as a spiritual successor to Goldneye when it was actually a spiritual successor to Serious Sam. But a fantastic game in its own right.

Zapitalism - The coolest business simulator ever made.

Last edited:

Dienekes

Moderator battling in the shade.
I already have one but I’d like to see...

Sega Rally Championship
Rallisport Challenge
Some of the old sports games, Fight Night, Legends of the Ring, Madden, NHL, NBA Live, 2k, etc. as I have a few favorites I’d love to play again from certain years.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
How come VR is listed as OG Xbox stuff? And please god no Microsoft, never focus on VR, Sony does and look how that went. Just focus on what you are doing now.

not really old but crackdown 1 and 2 honestly dont feel like "just getting a 360" and i want the x for 3. balls in ms court fact that they arnt bc yet is beyond annoying and frankly mind boggling

celsowmbr

Banned
These two:
5172MBD6Y0L.jpg

71zcEMK0H1L._AC_UL320_SR224,320_.gif

Last edited:

JP

I'd need some of the arcade racers, things like Outrun would need to make an appearance. Seems unlikely though.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
not really old but crackdown 1 and 2 honestly dont feel like "just getting a 360" and i want the x for 3. balls in ms court fact that they arnt bc yet is beyond annoying and frankly mind boggling

I think they are holding on crackdown 1 and 2 until crackdown 3 arrives, and then throw them in as preorder bonuses.

Gaogaogao

Silent Hill 2
Burnout revenge
Burnout 3
Panzer dragoon orta
Otogi 1 and 2
Timesplitters
Tales of Vesperia

Last edited:

Garnox

I like the Power Stones 2 idea. It’s been seen on DC and PSP. Be weird to see it on a third console, but XBOX would be a good one.

Last edited:

Winkle

Anything Tom Clancy from the first two Xbox consoles. Also rainbow six black arrow and ghost recon , operation flashpoint online multiplayer.

rmatheso

Actually, the first system that plays this:

cv-PDS-usa-a.jpg

Because the console will still be cheaper than buying a copy on ebay.

Gorki247

OP confuses me. Asks about BC games, and then lists games that were never on Xbox, or Oculus Rift compatibility?

Although I wouldn't mind seeing a new Powerstone, but if you're going to get MS to buy the rights and remake it in 4k 60fps, we might as well ask for Powerstone 3. It's got nothing to do with BC

As for real Xbox games, i'd like to see get the BC treatment:
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Gun Valkyrie
Otogi 1 & 2
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Lollipop Chainsaw
Mark of the Ninja
Ninja Gaiden II
Sonic & SEGA Racing
Sonic Generations
The Saboteur

Actually you're right. What's the point of buying Power stone when MS could make a better 4 player fighter game using characters they own.

I am still blown away that Powestone, Smash, Brawlout and PS All Stars are the only 4 player fighters in existence. I though more fighters would have switched over to this multiplayer formula.

Last edited:

NahaNago

I don't really have a must have BC game that would make me buy an Xbox. Now if a tales of Vesperia 2 or Last Remnant 2 were getting made I would buy an Xbox day one if I hadn't already bought one last year.

Moses85

Any chance for BC for Conker Live and Reloaded?

Currently playing it on my X360, looks still amazing but when I take a look at KOTOR, I would loving it to see it on the One/X

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I already have an Xbox, and I played through Oblivion last year in BC. Would love to see Morrowind available since they're doing OG Xbox games now.

Doubly so since I really enjoyed the Morrowind expansion for ESO.

ReBurn

Gold Member
My JSRF and Jedi Outcast discs are ready.

I already have X, just want to play those games.

Last edited:

hiphopcr

Diddy Kong Racing - Just like goldeneye, Nintendos rights have expired where as MS through their purchase of Rare owns the code for this far superior to Mario Kart cart racer.
MS wouldn't have rights to any of the characters tho ?

Played through the Mass Effects Trilogy when it became backwards compatible and included in the EA Vault... what an experience, sad I missed them the first time, thrilled I got them even a gen late.

Leonidas

I already bought the One X and Ninja Gaiden Black in 4K60 was one of the reasons. But I'd be very happy if any of these (mostly exclusive Xbox) games made it to BC.

Breakdown
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Crazy Taxi 3
Crimson Sea
Dead or Alive Series (3, Ultimate, Xtreme Beach Volleyball)
GUNVALKYRIE
Kingdom Under Fire Heroes
Ninja Gaiden (vanilla version with the SNES NG Trilogy)
OTOGI series
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Project Gotham Racing series
Quantum Redshift
Rallisport Challenge 2
Shenmue II
SSX 3
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II
Splinter Cell Series
Top Spin
Wreckless

I'd love to revisit any of these games in 4K. I still do have my OG Xbox so I can still play these but they would look so much better in 4K on Xbox One X.

Battlechili

Banned
It won't make me BUY an Xbox, but I would like to see Jet Set Radio Future, Kameo, Infinite Undiscovery, Lost Odyssey, Blinx, and Blinx 2 return someday.

Last edited:

Unity2012

All Splinter Cells
Freedom fighters
Jade Empire
Too Human
PoP Sands of time
Enslaved
The Saboteur
Full Spectrum Warrior
Space Marines
Turok

So many games I'd love to see back remastered or enhanced.

Alebrije

I got my Xbone X just to play Fallout 3 and New Vegas , hope NV is on future lists. Have Shenmue 2 hope they we see it too.

raduque

Well, I already have the all the Xboxes (even my original still works) but I would love to see NBA Street Volume 2 on my X1. Hell, even on my 360.

rokkerkory

I am looking fwd to no more generations where my library will perpetually carry forward. That maybe nirvana but even 3 console cycles would be great.

MS wouldn't have rights to any of the characters tho ?

Played through the Mass Effects Trilogy when it became backwards compatible and included in the EA Vault... what an experience, sad I missed them the first time, thrilled I got them even a gen late.

I was under the impression as well that Nintendo owns the rights to all of the characters in the Donkey Kong Country universe which includes Diddy Kong. That's why Diddy Kong Racing wasn't on Rare Replay.

Last edited:

mrbogus

Neo Member
Otogi: Myth of Demons
Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Gunvalkyrie
Blinx: The Time Sweeper
Blinx 2: Masters of Time and Space

If they just get both Otogis on there it would be worth it.

DryvBy

I just bought an Xbox One X for (a) a 4K Blu Ray player and 4K video apps like Vudu and (b) to play with my brother.

Xbox uno was my jam back in the day. I would love to have D&D Heroes on it again. And the Baldur's Gate Alliance games. They should also include some achievements into those games. It's not near as hard as people think. Emulators have achievements for ROMs now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just bought an Xbox One X for (a) a 4K Blu Ray player and 4K video apps like Vudu and (b) to play with my brother.

Xbox uno was my jam back in the day. I would love to have D&D Heroes on it again. And the Baldur's Gate Alliance games. They should also include some achievements into those games. It's not near as hard as people think. Emulators have achievements for ROMs now.

Oh yeah, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance was pretty great - I have both games on disc still and would love to play them on my One. I'm really interested to see what kind of OG Xbox games we get in the BC program this year.

Also RetroAchievements are totally my jam - I think Microsoft should totally take on the same philosophy because it would add yet another reason for us to go back and play the games from that generation that we love. For all the frustrations people have with Sony's PS2 games on the PS4, this is something I think they got 100% right.

I'm over loaded with consoles of all generations and platforms but I'll buy a second Xbox One X (or third Xbox One) if I could get PGR1, 2, 3 and 4 enhanced (or just native) for BC. They were the definitive racing games on the Xbox platform for two generations of the platform before Turn 10 found their feet. It's absolutely disheartening as a gamer that Microsoft are blindly dismissing adding the Bizarre Creations titles to their BC library after they helped form the very core of the foundation of their console entry into the market. The PGR series is the sim-cade racing, genre-defining, classic that is just as playable now as it ever was. Years ahead of its time. Forza Horizon 3 & Playground should respect the lofty shoulders that their title's success stands upon.

reKuJTC.jpg

PGR.gif

I got my Xbone X just to play Fallout 3 and New Vegas , hope NV is on future lists. Have Shenmue 2 hope they we see it too.

The New Vegas 4k update can't come soon enough! The Xbox One X enhanced version of Fallout 3 was a big driving force for me to get an X sooner rather than later, I'll admit. Oblivion was the tipping point for me though.

All of the glorious X updates for current gen releases in the last year were just chocolate sprinkles on that delicious 4k donut :p.

Last edited:

grumpyGamer

I will say my choices even if impossible xd.

1. DQ8 remake
2. Chrono trigger remake
3. Gothic (piranha bites) remake

those were my babies and i would sell even myself to play a remake of them

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned
Not really interested in buying a new console for old games. If Microsoft wants me to buy an xbox, they better get new exclusives...

I already bought the One X and Ninja Gaiden Black in 4K60 was one of the reasons. But I'd be very happy if any of these (mostly exclusive Xbox) games made it to BC.

Breakdown
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Crazy Taxi 3
Crimson Sea
Dead or Alive Series (3, Ultimate, Xtreme Beach Volleyball)
GUNVALKYRIE
Kingdom Under Fire Heroes
Ninja Gaiden (vanilla version with the SNES NG Trilogy)
OTOGI series
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Project Gotham Racing series
Quantum Redshift
Rallisport Challenge 2
Shenmue II
SSX 3
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II
Splinter Cell Series
Top Spin
Wreckless

I'd love to revisit any of these games in 4K. I still do have my OG Xbox so I can still play these but they would look so much better in 4K on Xbox One X.

Very solid list but you lost me with Wreckless. I remember that game being critically panned. Was this not the case?

Top Bottom