• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Not to be outdone, Mary Jane becomes every superhero in new Marvel variants for June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

How about Mary Jane as Jackpot

1682457-webofspiderman_9_jackpot_swinging.jpg

Sesha

Didn't care for any of those. The Iron Fist one was the closest to being alright.

Yeah, it's kind of weird marvel acts, in some ways, like MJ is an important character, when she's sort of an afterthought in the actual spider books now and has been since One More Day.

I assume the biggest reason is because people know about Mary Jane, making her an easy character to promote for something like this.

MARYVEL VS GWENCOM: INFINITE

MJ is sooooo fucking boring. Give me Black Cat!!!!
You'll get Black Cat after Marvel is finished destroying fixing her...
I really wanted an spy-thief style Felicia Hardy Spider-woman story for Spiderverse, could have been fun. I mean, a thief with Spider-powers has so much potential

I like the idea of VenoMJ as a mini/series/more than just a variant. There's some interesting things they could do with that premise.

Would that Sorceress Supreme be named Dr. Watson perhaps? (Sherlock/MCU humor)

Punisher MJ, well...not the first time she shot a villain

MaryJaneVerse one-shot in 2018? :p

Slayven

Has she done anything since that one time spiderman and iron man had an argument.

Who the fuck is jackpot?

The first one was a scientist that got powers from an experimental Parkinson's disease treatment, the batch was labeled "Lot 777", she superheroed a bit then retired. The second one knew the first one and had a crush on her, she used mutant stem cells to replicate the powers, but she died.

That Jackpot information.....is....what? Next you're going to tell me Screwball actually had a crazy origin.

April Parker is what you want.

1216658-plans.jpg
Spider-girl red and Spider-girl blue...haha

Did they ever confirm if Mayhem actually died? I tried to read all of Spider-girl, but Marvel unlimited was missing those issues.

better look at Mayhem.

Yes, anyone who has never read Gwenpool, go do it.

Gwen Poole is not Gwen Stacey, nor anything to do with Deadpool. She's just some girl from who lives in NYC. Not 616 NYC but the real NYC... apparently she's a real person who was a fan of Marvel comics, but then got sucked into the 616 Marvel Universe somehow!

So now she lives there, and her power is basically that she knows everyone's life story and secret identity. But she can't really fight or shoot or anything, in fact she's really bad at it all. She assumes that she's appearing in her own title and that as long as it doesn't get cancelled she's unkillable via plot armor. So that gives her some confidence.

But then she's dismayed to discover that say, strolling up to Thor and saying yo Jane whadup is actually a really bad idea and doesn't get her anything except an ass kicking. Just knowing who everyone is doesn't make her an Avenger. She discovers that she's actually a grade D nobody who pretty quickly gets conscripted into being a MODOK henchman.

Anyway, it's a good book with a nutty premise. Go read it!

Slayven

That Jackpot information.....is....what? Next you're going to tell me Screwball actually had a crazy origin.

Spider-girl red and Spider-girl blue...haha

Did they ever confirm if Mayhem actually died? I tried to read all of Spider-girl, but Marvel unlimited was missing those issues.

better look at Mayhem.

Yeah she died to save Mayday

Joystick's retcon was crazy
142538-103250-joystick.jpg

SRG01

Gwen Poole is not Gwen Stacey, nor anything to do with Deadpool. She's just some girl from who lives in NYC. Not 616 NYC but the real NYC... apparently she's a real person who was a fan of Marvel comics, but then got sucked into the 616 Marvel Universe somehow!

So now she lives there, and her power is basically that she knows everyone's life story and secret identity. But she can't really fight or shoot or anything, in fact she's really bad at it all. She assumes that she's appearing in her own title and that as long as it doesn't get cancelled she's unkillable via plot armor. So that gives her some confidence.

But then she's dismayed to discover that say, strolling up to Thor and saying yo Jane whadup is actually a really bad idea and doesn't get her anything except an ass kicking. Just knowing who everyone is doesn't make her an Avenger. She discovers that she's actually a grade D nobody who pretty quickly gets conscripted into being a MODOK henchman.

There's also a hilarious bit at the beginning of her series about her lack of pants, haha.

Kevinroc

ZeoVGM

Banned
The Jackpot stuff was just a mess. It's not MJ but we're going to make people think it's MJ even though it truly makes absolutely zero sense -- even using comic book logic -- that this person who is not MJ would look like MJ and have her entire persona based around MJ's most famous line in her history as a character.

Just bad.

mreddie

Apparently these are the other MJ variants coming.

http://www.outrightgeekery.com/2017/03/20/marvel-comics-announces-mary-jane-watson-variants-covers/

ALL-NEW GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #3 by TBA
BLACK BOLT #2 by Ryan Stegman
CAPTAIN AMERICA: STEVE ROGERS #18 by Paolo Rivera
DAREDEVIL #21 by Humberto Ramos
DEADPOOL #32 by Elizabeth Torque
I AM GROOT #2 by TBA
MIGHTY THOR #20 by Patrick Brown
SECRET WARRIORS #3 by Humberto Ramos
X-MEN BLUE #5 by TBA
X-MEN GOLD #5 by Anthony Piper

No Wasp?

Boooo.

explodet

The Punisher running around shooting demons wouldn't even be in the top 10 list of crazy shit that character's done.

Mary Jane being the Punisher? Eh, I'll get back to you on that.

caliph95

The Punisher running around shooting demons wouldn't even be in the top 10 list of crazy shit that character's done.

Mary Jane being the Punisher? Eh, I'll get back to you on that.
He was a black guy once and teamed up with Cage. Weirder things happens

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Also, I'm not entirely sure yet, but she might have gone a little crazy from a particularly traumatic travel between universes. She doesn't really like to talk about it and the comic hasn't yet, so I don't know.

Luigiv

As someone who doesn't read superhero comics, I don't get it. Are they still cloning Mary Jane or something? Also why is this clone army of Mary Janes taking everyone else's jobs?

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
First time in a long time I got excited about some Venom art!

jurgen

excellent. I'd take Venom MJ over freaking flash in a heartbeat.

Seriously? Agent Venom is genuinely one of the best additions to the Spider-Man franchise in the past decade. Remender's run in the solo series and in Secret Avengers was fantastic.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
As much as it'd suck for Mary Jane clones taking over the jobs of all those characters, I wouldn't be too against a Mary Jane clone taking over Carol Danvers' job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom