Notice how XBox is quietly doing well?

Jun 4, 2018
I remember it was exactly 2 years ago - Scalebound was cancelled and everyone was losing their shit. Trolls were ecstatic, predicting XBox was going to be sold off, etc.. 2 years later, XBox as as profitable as it's ever been, reputation is good and they've still sold 25% of the consoles in this generation despite the games problem.

One thing I do not notice very much anymore are trollish comments that predict XBox will be sold off any day now. Even the die-hard PS4 fanboys accept Xbox is not going anywhere. That alone is a victory.

Feb 22, 2018
I'm still waiting on the day microsoft announces a recuperation of their $6 billion loss on the xbox gaming division. Seems they have accepted that loss and intend to keep xbox alive in the long term. It's a market penetration success. Financially it's akin to military spending in peacetime.

Nov 4, 2018
Why is this thread worthy?
because hes a fanboy i guess?. xbox isn't doing great, microsoft is . its easy to make profit off digital platform investment. tho they are making the right moves for next gen .

for now. in my books and many others. xbox one is the worst game console since probably sega saturn. even the staurn might actually have more high profile exclusives than the xbone

if consoles had no exclusives. I'd literally buy a good gaming laptop. and just hook up the HDMI to the tv whenever I want to play a game instead of buying a dedicated machine that takes space. exclusives are incentive to invest in a platform which makes sense.

Last edited:

-MD-

Jun 10, 2013
United States
Was Scalebound even that important? would of been a great exclusive. But I doubt it would of made a difference.
Scalebound would have been a huge, open-world JRPG exclusive to XBox. Yes it was a big deal. That's why the rumored Fable game is important.
Scalebound would've did about as well as Sunset Overdrive.

Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
Quietly? After @Microsofts Hunert Smoke's recent spate of fluff threads? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

But yes, Microsoft seems to have righted the Xbox ship and returned to somewhat smooth sailing in the last year or so.
True

But notice how these kind of threads seem to be popping up more frequently now? On both sides?

Thread title asks me to notice, and I’ve defimitey noticed something

Jan 29, 2019
One thing I do not notice very much anymore are trollish comments that predict XBox will be sold off any day now. Even the die-hard PS4 fanboys accept Xbox is not going anywhere. That alone is a victory.
I don't want to be overly mean, but I think this is because nobody cares anymore, this isn't even a race anymore... sorry

Sep 30, 2006
I think they turned it around pretty well, not as well as Sony did with the PS3 but pretty good. Xbox exclusives being on PC I think has done more harm than good for the brand.

What is it about the Xbox brand that makes certain people want to constantly shill for it?
Xbox 360 nostalgia, I bet. Also, I think some people still prefer the controller and generally just want Xbox to be healthy again. Honestly even with the Xbox 1 X, that thing still kinda sucks to use, UI wise. The metro UI was and still is a clunky, cumbersome mistake that should be thrown in a dumpster.

Oct 17, 2005
I haven't noticed anything. First party studios still in limbo with another promise they're going to do better in the future, Xbox console sales are at an all time low and Microsoft investing a good amount of money into their Project xCloud using the worst version of their current console. The same current console that Digital Foundry has mentioned over and over again recently about how games are progressively getting worse and worse as the generation comes to an end. I have faith their first party studios are going to start looking a bit better here in the next 2-3 years, but they have a lot of ground to cover. Buying a bunch of a mediocre to decent studios isn't exactly confirmation they're doing well.

Aug 12, 2018
The brand is pretty dead outside of the US.

The issues is that vgchartz uses completely made up numbers. I still don't understand why that site got unbanned from GAF.
Like people said around here they re copying numbers from other sources

Problem is I don't know the source/website for that

I'll be glad if someone here can help us know about it