• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2013 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes December 9

Xbox has seen record-breaking sales with the recent announcement of Xbox One selling more than 2 million units through to consumers worldwide since its launch. November NPD Group figures released today revealed 909,132 Xbox One units were sold in the U.S. in the console’s first nine days, making it the fastest selling console on the market in the U.S. Xbox One sales averaged a volume of more than 101,000 consoles per day, significantly outpacing the nearest competitor.

November 2013 NPD highlights include:

•Total retail spend on the Xbox platform (Xbox One and Xbox 360) in November (hardware, software and accessories) reached $1.21 billion, the most for any console in the U.S. (Source: NPD Group).
•During the month of November, Xbox (Xbox One and Xbox 360) held five of the top 10 spots on the console game title list (Source: NPD Group).
http://news.xbox.com/2013/12/xbox-one-november-npd-announcement

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ah, ok, that GameIndustry article was referring just to home consoles, reading the first paragraph ("North America for month after month had been dominated by the Xbox 360 console, which repeatedly outsold the competition. As a new generation kicks off, however, Sony is hoping to establish a new pattern. Today, it's been confirmed that PS4 did indeed lead all console sales in November."). 3DS should be the best selling console overall, then.

...I think. :lol

jbug617

Banned
MS PR
http://news.xbox.com/2013/12/xbox-one-november-npd-announcement

Xbox has seen record-breaking sales with the recent announcement of Xbox One selling more than 2 million units through to consumers worldwide since its launch. November NPD Group figures released today revealed 909,132 Xbox One units were sold in the U.S. in the console’s first nine days, making it the fastest selling console on the market in the U.S. Xbox One sales averaged a volume of more than 101,000 consoles per day, significantly outpacing the nearest competitor.

Total retail spend on the Xbox platform (Xbox One and Xbox 360) in November (hardware, software and accessories) reached $1.21 billion, the most for any console in the U.S. (Source: NPD Group).
During the month of November, Xbox (Xbox One and Xbox 360) held five of the top 10 spots on the console game title list (Source: NPD Group).
During the month of November, Xbox One sold nearly three times as many units compared to Xbox 360 in the U.S. during its November 2005 launch (Source: NPD Group).

We are seeing strong consumer excitement for next gen Xbox One games, with U.S. consumers purchasing an average of 2.1 games* per console.

November NPD Group data reports on sales data for November, which included only the first nine days of Xbox One’s availability.

Demand for Xbox One is continuing to exceed supply in our 13 launch markets and is sold out at most retailers around the world. As retailers noted in our worldwide sales announcement yesterday, consoles are flying off store shelves faster than they can stock them and the Xbox team is working hard to meet consumer demand, delivering consoles to retailers as fast as possible to ensure everyone has an opportunity to experience everything Xbox One has to offer this holiday season.

Attach Rate seems good

I don't understand how it's the fastest selling when the PS4 sold more. What do they mean by fastest selling?

More units sold per day on average

But I think if they both started same day and had the same sales they do now

Sony would win that metric

Total retail spend on the Xbox platform (Xbox One and Xbox 360) in November (hardware, software and accessories) reached $1.21 billion, the most for any console in the U.S. (Source: NPD Group).
During the month of November, Xbox (Xbox One and Xbox 360) held five of the top 10 spots on the console game title list (Source: NPD Group).

Finally, the XBox family has arrived.

Linkyn

I don't understand how it's the fastest selling when the PS4 sold more. What do they mean by fastest selling?

Basically, the PS4 sold more units in November, but because it was out in the US a week earlier, the XBox One can have sold units more quickly, yet less overall because there wasn't enough time (so to speak).

Sakura

They mean they sold an average of more consoles per day than any other platform. It was out for a week less than the PS4 though.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Actually surprised MS gave a number.

Would have been nice if some other companies did that when they didn't come first in recent times. Wonder how long they'll keep that up though..

Got my popcorn ready for this. Just going to sit back and enjoy and hope for a nice side of cream soon.

Edit: People are already jumping the gun lol.

jvm

Gamasutra.
In case it wasn't posted already:
MS PR said:

· Total retail spend on the Xbox platform (Xbox One and Xbox 360) in November (hardware, software and accessories) reached $1.21 billion, the most for any console in the U.S. (Source: NPD Group).

· During the month of November, Xbox (Xbox One and Xbox 360) held five of the top 10 spots on the console game title list (Source: NPD Group).

· During the month of November, Xbox One sold nearly three times as many units compared to Xbox 360 in the U.S. during its November 2005 launch (Source: NPD Group).

We are seeing strong consumer excitement for next gen Xbox One games, with U.S. consumers purchasing an average of 2.1 games* per console.

November NPD Group data reports on sales data for November, which included only the first nine days of Xbox One’s availability.

Demand for Xbox One is continuing to exceed supply in our 13 launch markets and is sold out at most retailers around the world. As retailers noted in our worldwide sales announcement yesterday, consoles are flying off store shelves faster than they can stock them and the Xbox team is working hard to meet consumer demand, delivering consoles to retailers as fast as possible to ensure everyone has an opportunity to experience everything Xbox One has to offer this holiday season.

Replicant

Correction: Xbox One outsells PS4 in the US, though Sony's console outsells across North America (inc Canada)

https://twitter.com/CVG_News/status/411273062722846722

omg

omg indeed:

qGDEwVu.png

lol

My NPD predictions: Xbox One - 1,010,000
Reality: Xbox One - 909,132

My NPD predictions: Xbox 360 - 653,000
Reality: Xbox 360 - 647,000

I'm doing pretty well so far.

KoopaTheCasual

It was only available for 9 days in November, while the PS4 had like 16 days. The PS4 sold more, but the Xbox One had a higher day average, which is actually a good stat to tout. It could mean the XB1 is catching up fast, but I suspect it's just because Sony is splitting shipments with the world.

SONY - This afternoon we learned from market research firm NPD Group that PS4 was the top-selling console for November and PlayStation was #1 in sales overall for home consoles.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/12/thanks-to-you-playstation-4-just-made-history/
A vaguely confusing statement. SCEA not used to releasing NPD PR anymore lol.

I'm guessing the latter means that they generated the most dollar sales for home consoles.

But the former statement means they were the best selling platform overall.

If the One sold, for example, 1M consoles in 10 days, and PS4 sold 1.3 in 20 days, then the One was selling on average more consoles per day aka fastest. The obvious catch is that launch day would be the bulk so an average isn't too meaningful.

Either way they both sold a fuckload.

donny2112

PS4 can sell less than 101K per day and be > XB1 for the month. That's what has happened. XB1's rate was higher, but with fewer days, it's total was less than PS4 for the month. Make sense now?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Damn, good job with the 3DS Nintendo. I was way too conservative against my instinct.

Ssssssh, we still must see confirmations. I think 3DS was first, given the PRs so far, but...let's celebrate when it's official XD

Top Bottom