• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November NPD: The Movie. Only on NeoGAF.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
All humorous comments aside, this months NPD is going to be one of the most interesting things in gaming in a long time. I seriously can't wait for these numbers.

Bo130

Earthstrike said:
And there will be 1 mor legendary thread to follow a month after.
December NPD:
The thrilling sequel too November NPD.

Mjeh, sequels are almost never as good as the originals. Very often they just seem rushed to make an extra buck or 2 :/

But I can't wait for this months NPD either :D Sometimes I want 'em more than Wii itself (I'm in Europe ;_;). Just a week after the first numbers of Wii hardware in Japan :D

MrPonx

Bo130 said:
Mjeh, sequels are almost never as good as the originals. Very often they just seem rushed to make an extra buck or 2 :/

Godfather IMO at least

December NPD has the potential to be better

Maridia

dirtmonkey37 said:
All humorous comments aside, this months NPD is going to be one of the most interesting things in gaming in a long time. I seriously can't wait for these numbers.

December will be where the real action's at.

dirtmonkey37 said:
Not really -- PS3 and Wii sales will be the same as shipment numbers. And while those numbers are still not perfectly confirmed, the sales won't tell us anything important about demand, except that it is ordinarily high at launch. I guess the only thing interesting will be how it all affected 360 sales.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Battersea Power Station said:
Not really -- PS3 and Wii sales will be the same as shipment numbers. And while those numbers are still not perfectly confirmed, the sales won't tell us anything important about demand, except that it is ordinarily high at launch. I guess the only thing interesting will be how it all affected 360 sales.

December completely slipped out of the picture. Maybe I should re-post:

November and December are going to be the two most interesting months of gaming (for NPD numbers alone). I'm excited!

Norse

wii will be the top seller of the current gen systems for November. 360 numbers will be low due to launch of 2 new systems. PS3 numbers will be embarrassing as they will only have shipped some 300k units. Software will be interesting though.

December will be the real battle month.....will those waiting for a ps3 give up and grab a 360/wii instead? Or will they hold out? If November sales for 360 are bad, will ms lower prices for dec?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Guess I was wrong about Zelda outselling Gears this month. I really thought Nintendo would have shipped more.

Syb

I forecast that no matter how high 360 HW sales are there will be at least one person will cite its doom, "am fail, not enough unitz"...

JDSN

Banned
I predict no less than 17 meltdowns, 6 bans and 40 cat pics.

Edit: Oh yes, some guy will mention that Wii is selling great just because of the n-tards.

dante786

Banned
My spidey sense is definitely tingling. I predict 360 hardware sales will be real low, leading to tons of doom and gloom.

KTallguy

Banned
I'm definitely interesting in seeing the sales figures.

And seeing people defending their chosen company in a fight to the death.

Neomoto

dante786 said:
My spidey sense is definitely tingling. I predict 360 hardware sales will be real low, leading to tons of doom and gloom.
It would be hilarious if that actually happened, just to see everyone reactions.

GhaleonEB

Neomoto said:
It would be hilarious if that actually happened, just to see everyone reactions.
It will armageddon no matter what. For the record I think 360 needs to be >500k to be considered a good November.

Nutter

dante786 said:
Yeah? If 360 sales are low.. then what are the PS3 sales going to be classified as? PATHETIC?

Dont give me that shortages BS.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Nutter said:
Yeah? If 360 sales are low.. then what are the PS3 sales going to be classified as? PATHETIC?

325,902 is the magic number for the PS3 to beat. ;)

Mar

NPD will hit just as I take home my Wii from the store. So I have to choose NPD or Wii to keep my occupied. Which one will win!?!?!

Wii and Monkey Ball obviously. I'm going to play that until my hand falls off

dante786

Banned
Nutter said:

Uhhh.....abysmal, so what? I really want the 360 to do well, but I feel like its gonna sell under expectations again. Also, the 360 is in its second christmas, the PS3 its shortage riddled first. If PS3 sells 300k, thats dogshit. If 360 sells 350k, thats also dogshit, but its worse because the system isn't suffering massive shortages and it's november, and it's biggest release yet just came out.

Snaku

Banned
npdogrekn3.jpg

Pimpwerx

PS3 sales figures are gonna be a laugh and a half. I'm starting to believe the 125-150k figures now. There is definitely trouble afoot with the PS3 production lines (goddamn blue lasers). My bold prediction is a massive PSP comeback. The stuff of legends. Oh who am I kidding? It's gonna be the DSL and a bunch of also-rans as far as sales go. Maybe the PS2 hangs a big number on the console competition. PEACE.

Dahbomb

December 1st today... not too long now.

We are merely weeks away from one of the most epic moments in GAF history. :)

joeposh

Pimpwerx said:
PS3 sales figures are gonna be a laugh and a half. I'm starting to believe the 125-150k figures now. There is definitely trouble afoot with the PS3 production lines (goddamn blue lasers). My bold prediction is a massive PSP comeback. The stuff of legends. Oh who am I kidding? It's gonna be the DSL and a bunch of also-rans as far as sales go. Maybe the PS2 hangs a big number on the console competition. PEACE.

I dunno, I think the PSP seems to do significantly better than normal during the holiday lead up. I didn't see many of those entertainment packs flying off the shelves, but a number of places had pretty tempting discounts on the Core. I'd look for a healthy bump on that but nothing that will really last past the holidays.

Also, I expect one last holiday surge for the GBA. They were flying off shelves on Black Friday, and parents still seem to prefer that sub 100 dollar price point when it comes to picking up a portable device for their kids.

Top Bottom