• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Novigrad from The Witcher 3 recreated at scale in Minecraft.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/10/18/the-witcher-3-minecraft-mod/#nnn

This project by an impressive group of creators called Elysium Fire recording an incredible eight minute timelapse video of their creation of The Witcher 3's Novigrad. Even better? It was recreated completely to scale, which took the team just over three months.

"Welcome to Novigrad," boasts the mod's official description, "The people of this small town on an island not far from Oakvale have always lived thanks to its port and shipyard. Its magnificent castle testifies to an unequaled richness in the surroundings for its time."

Even better? It's available to download right here for free!

Larxia

I'm even more curious with how they managed to record it like that, since its a several months project, but the video is completely smooth, I guess there is a tool to recreate everything you've built between two dates or something.

xviper

i've always wondered how these people who build such large cities have that much materials ? i have played Minecraft for like an hour or two a long time ago, and as i remember it takes a while to grind materials for building, do these people hack the game for unlimited materials or is there a way to obtain an insane amount of materials ?

nkarafo

That's not from the Witcher 3 game. They say they were inspired by it but it's not the same design.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
i've always wondered how these people who build such large cities have that much materials ? i have played Minecraft for like an hour or two a long time ago, and as i remember it takes a while to grind materials for building, do these people hack the game for unlimited materials or is there a way to obtain an insane amount of materials ?
They're playing on creative mode or there are some tools out there that let you design outside of the game and plonk your design straight onto the landscape.

Top Bottom