• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Now 3 polls show that Black Trump support has increased 4x from 2016. New Marist poll at 33% Approval.

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
Three recent polls indicate that President Trump’s approval rating among black voters has quadrupled since 2016. Emerson and Rasmussen have Trump polling at 34%, while the Marist poll shows Trump enjoying a 33% approval among black voters.

This is significant because President Trump won the electoral college in a landslide in 2016 despite scoring just 8% approval from black voters. If Trump can get even half the figure among black voters that he’s getting now in these polls, he will easily win reelection in 2020.

New Polls: Black American support for President Trump:

Republican strategist Deneen Borelli tweeted: “Rasmussen Poll tracking poll finds Donald Trump’s total black approval at 34%. Democrats’ worst nightmare. Boom.”
The other two polls were covered here before but the third, the Marist poll, was not.

It seems we can say for certainty that the results are consistent looking at these numbers and I assume if there are other polls that make it past the censors tey will also be within in the 33-35% range.

Keep in mind this is after Impeachment and the renewal of the "he's racist he will lynch everyone with 4 more years ahhh!" nonsense they did in 2016. The Democrats also continue their very flawed plan of never talking about Black issues alone and always attaching some other group to it, or hijacking the civil rights movement to bump up other groups over blacks. Not sure why they would continue doing that but then again I suppose that's my fault for believing democrats had the ability to learn lessons.

The current democrat lineup doesn't appeal to Black voters, especially males, at all. With 22% of Black voters undecided and a fraction actually voting in the primary, the majority of which are behind Biden, the Democrats seem to have zero issues leaving those vote on the table for anyone to come and grab. Add in how they defended Petes crazy statements, and let that New York lady say that gays are more marginalized than Blacks have ever been for longer (lol what?) it's clear that the DNC is run but morons.

Which is fine by me, maybe the nominee will not stop by those "flyover" states of Wi and MI for most of the campaign again, maybe never go into rural Penns so we can have the same result as last time. Fine by me.

I mean to be honest Trump might not even need to try and may be able to get away with just coasting and letting the Democrats sabotage themselves.

Mar 18, 2018
That is what happens when you pass some prison reforms and have black celebrities to let people know since the news won’t.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Perhaps Black Americans have re-examined how Democratic policies were working for them, and whether Democrats are taking their support for granted or not. For years, it's been a foregone conclusion that Blacks will vote Democrat around 90 percent of the time, and because of that, I think the party has become expectant of their support.

More than that still, you have a party where everyone is part of a protected class. So what happens when the ideals and expectations of one protected class don't align with those of another? I think that's what we are seeing here, with the party's heavy emphasis on benefits for illegal aliens and a bombardment of support for LGBT causes.

At the end of the day though, polls fucking suck -- we know that better than ever seeing as they were telling us Clinton was assured a win even on election day last time. They should be taken at face value.

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
Perhaps Black Americans have re-examined how Democratic policies were working for them, and whether Democrats are taking their support for granted or not. For years, it's been a foregone conclusion that Blacks will vote Democrat around 90 percent of the time, and because of that, I think the party has become expectant of their support.

More than that still, you have a party where everyone is part of a protected class. So what happens when the ideals and expectations of one protected class don't align with those of another? I think that's what we are seeing here, with the party's heavy emphasis on benefits for illegal aliens and a bombardment of support for LGBT causes.

At the end of the day though, polls fucking suck -- we know that better than ever seeing as they were telling us Clinton was assured a win even on election day last time. They should be taken at face value.
You mean the polls that leaks showed were rigged most of the time with large sample sizes taken from specific areas and claiming they were nationwide? Heck I remember USA Today getting caught with doing something like that, the thread might still be on here.

I'm not saying trust all polls, but when mainstream media is reporting some of these polls and IGNORING that SPECIFIC part it does make them seem more credible on at least the issue of black voters.

Reactions: A Regular Guy

Weiji

Jul 20, 2018
I wonder what the % is for black men. I’d bet almost no women are a part of this surge since black women make mad money from government social programs.

Looks like black men, finally gifted with jobs and opportunity, are turning away from the victim ideology.

If true that’s great for them, an actual future awaits.

Reactions: 1notimportant

The Pleasure

Jan 8, 2019
I wonder what the % is for black men. I’d bet almost no women are a part of this surge since black women make mad money from government social programs.

Looks like black men, finally gifted with jobs and opportunity, are turning away from the victim ideology.

If true that’s great for them, an actual future awaits.
How many black men are actually allowed to vote? You can get your shit together and support someone but still be barred from voting. Convicted felon status. So they may support him but not be allowed to vote which makes black womens vote the only black vote thwt ultimately matters unfortunately.

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
You mean the polls that leaks showed were rigged most of the time with large sample sizes taken from specific areas and claiming they were nationwide? Heck I remember USA Today getting caught with doing something like that, the thread might still be on here.

I'm not saying trust all polls, but when mainstream media is reporting some of these polls and IGNORING that SPECIFIC part it does make them seem more credible on at least the issue of black voters.
Yeah, I mean all of them have a slant, and they're often wildly inaccurate, sometimes criminally so. I've no doubt that Trump has scored some points with black voters who feel they've been a box ticked off and taken for granted by the Democrats (how could they not when decades of liberal policy did nothing for them?) but I'm just highly suspicious of polls of any kind because they can be manipulated so damn easily.

May 17, 2018
Okay, but I think Latino support is more important to win.
This will only help to keep a state like North Carolina and Georgia.

Madonis

Oct 21, 2018
Convicted felon status. So they may support him but not be allowed to vote which makes black womens vote the only black vote thwt ultimately matters unfortunately.
As seen in Florida, Republicans prefer to make it harder rather than easier for former felons to vote.

It would be ironic if, hypothetically speaking, some of that worked against them this time around.

I'm just highly suspicious of polls of any kind because they can be manipulated so damn easily.
You should be suspicious, especially given the bias towards pro-Trump sources here.

Last edited:

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
Okay, but I think Latino support is more important to win.
Dumbest quote on Neogaf. Never get a job in a campaign, you'll cause a 100% EC loss with those kind of ideas. Don't give me that ignorant population crap either, half of the Hispanics are illegal, and the ones that aren't have the highest amount in California. That's not how elections work, you need the EC.

As seen in Florida, Republicans prefer to make it harder rather than easier for former felons to vote.
You mean the state with the republican governor that signed into law for Felons to vote? Did you even try?

Also most Blacks in jail aren't felons so that's all pointless anyway, that's more of a benefit for illegals/hispanics and Middle Eastern prisoners to inflate counts like they did in Northern Virginia.

How many black men are actually allowed to vote? You can get your shit together and support someone but still be barred from voting. Convicted felon status. So they may support him but not be allowed to vote which makes black womens vote the only black vote that ultimately matters unfortunately.
This might be a problem in imagination land where 90% of jailed blacks are felons, but luckily that's not the real world. Most Black men had a downward voting trend for years because the system was broken and they had no interest not because of felons.

Now that Trump has actually shown some progress ANYWHERE the last several decades it makes sense that they would go back and vote. The last tme Men voted was Obama but that dropped a big deal during reelection, sadly the women were pampered with high paying quota jobs because diversity. See diversity doesn't apply to Black men in most cases unless they come out the closet they can remain poor on wealth capping welfare or in jail, or in the Military. Feminists need their numbers to grow.

The Pleasure

Jan 8, 2019
Dumbest quote on Neogaf. Never get a job in a campaign, you'll cause a 100% EC loss with those kind of ideas. Don't give me that ignorant population crap either, half of the Hispanics are illegal, and the ones that aren't have the highest amount in California. That's not how elections work, you need the EC.

You mean the state with the republican governor that signed into law for Felons to vote? Did you even try?

Also most Blacks in jail aren't felons so that's all pointless anyway, that's more of a benefit for illegals/hispanics and Middle Eastern prisoners to inflate counts like they did in Northern Virginia.

This might be a problem in imagination land where 90% of jailed blacks are felons, but luckily that's not the real world. Most Black men had a downward voting trend for years because the system was broken and they had no interest not because of felons.

Now that Trump has actually shown some progress ANYWHERE the last several decades it makes sense that they would go back and vote. The last tme Men voted was Obama but that dropped a big deal during reelection, sadly the women were pampered with high paying quota jobs because diversity. See diversity doesn't apply to Black men in most cases unless they come out the closet they can remain poor on wealth capping welfare or in jail, or in the Military. Feminists need their numbers to grow.
Where the fuck did I say 90% of jailed felons? With how small voter turnout is, even a 5-10% swing in votes from a disenfranchised group is enough to sway certain areas as you act like its millions of votes that make this shit when it can be just a few thousand.

Wealth Cappin Welfare? That's almost good enough to be a rap verse. That's like the inverse of I woke up in a new BUGATTI.

transformer

Nov 5, 2013
Are the democrats going to call African American Trump supporters racist too? Or is there some other disparaging name they have?

Madonis

Oct 21, 2018

The bill drafted by Republicans puts extra restrictions (not on the ballot) that many exconvicts can't easily fulfill. Especially since there's no central database tracking whether they've fully paid their fees and penalties, so they get different figures depending on the official or department. Which is a problem by creating extra paperwork and frustration for a voting population that will have the restoration of their rights further blocked or delayed in practice.

Last edited:

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
Are the democrats going to call African American Trump supporters racist too? Or is there some other disparaging name they have?
Coon, Uncle Tom, House N*****, internal self hating, just to name a few I've heard over the past few years from some parts of my family.

Oct 26, 2018

If these polls are true and Black people are trending higher for Trump now, I have zero proof of why, but here's my guess:

- Jobs are increasing. And safe to assume job growth hits every one, so Black people are happy at job opportunities

- Do Black people really give a shit about Trump, Ukraine, Kavannah, Guilianni, and all that other political mumbo jumbo between White people doing secret CIA shit?

- When has Trump ever did racist shit against Black people? I can see Hispanics hating Trump for trying to lock the border to prevent fellow Latinos from coming over. Then again, weren't there polls saying minorities actually vote for strong borders? As opposed to a big free for all of border crossing? And fuck, it sure seems like White people care more about it than minorities anyway. If that's the case, perhaps Black people's thoughts regarding anything to do with the US/Mexico wall are........ "who gives a shit?"

- Pink haired, SJW issues. The type of shit which seems to be 98% liberal arts White people moaning and groaning about dumb issues thinking they are all godly utopian warlords. For all you Black people reading this forum, do you or your family associate with all those whining White people? Or do you guys think..... "what a bunch of idiots!"

Last edited:

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
Where the fuck did I say 90% of jailed felons? With how small voter turnout is, even a 5-10% swing in votes from a disenfranchised group is enough to sway certain areas as you act like its millions of votes that make this shit when it can be just a few thousand.

Wealth Cappin Welfare? That's almost good enough to be a rap verse. That's like the inverse of I woke up in a new BUGATTI.
Issue was you acted like it was a significant number when it's not.

Aug 29, 2018
Bartow, Florida, USA
I can only imagine how it feels to be black, and have white liberals explain how they have the right to own you mind, body, and soul.

Then again I am a massive homo, and know exactly how that feels. I imagine it's an order of magnitude worse for black people who have the audacity to stand on their own two feet.

Last edited:
May 17, 2018
LMAO, No. Actually you just made that comment.
I do that stuff for a living. (not in the US, tho)

So the only states Trump could possibly flip with a bigger African American share is Virginia. Every other state is either save Blue (DC) or Red. But even Virginia is unlikely, because the demographic is not the poor uneducated African American. It's the DC area after all.

On the other hand, Latino population is huge in swing and close states.
He could win New Mexico, and Nevada and keep Arizona and Florida more easily.
Even Colorado could be at play again.

Everything I said is 100% correct. Increase in black vote keeps NC and Georgia save Red. Nothing more and nothing less.
An increase in Hispanic vote would be 10000 times more impactful.
The most impactful change would be to get non educated whites to vote, tho. That's the biggest non voting demographic by far in the US.

So yeah you better come up with numbers, before you make stupid posts.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: Nobody_Important

monegames

Sep 26, 2014

So the only states Trump could possibly flip with a bigger African American share is Virginia. Every other state is either save Blue (DC) or Red. But even Virginia is unlikely, because the demographic is not the poor uneducated African American. It's the DC area after all.

Everything I said is 100% correct. Increase in black vote keeps NC and Georgia save Red. Nothing more and nothing less.
The most impactful change would be to get non educated whites to vote, tho. That's the biggest non voting demographic by far in the US.

He could have flipped Minnesota with a bigger share of the black vote. He lost by 45K. Based on national average there were 290K black voters. Trump got 8%, or in Minnesota 29K. If he got 24% or a gain of 16 points in the black vote in Minnesota he could flip it. That is a big number, but the polling has shown an even bigger jump in his job approval, so who knows. I doubt the voting numbers change that much though.

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
Not only that, but he doesn't need to gain any new states; people acting like having an extra % or two in battleground states isn't a huge advantage aren't being honest with themselves. Having states that he won anyway in 2016 increase their % chance of a victory for 2020 would be an enormous advantage for his campaign.

The Pleasure

Jan 8, 2019
Issue was you acted like it was a significant number when it's not.
In the grand scheme of population, tens of thousands or a few hundred thousand doesn't mean much when the US is roughly 350 million people. However in the sense of a voting electorate with such low voter turnout a few thousand in a district absolutely can change things.

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016

Thank you for proving my point by ignoring what I posted and then posting the exact thing I told you not to post proving your ignorant.

Hispanic populations are screwed due to a large amount of them not being eligible to vote, and several who aren't illegal aren't registered making the supposed population pointless which just shows you're an idiot and don't know how anything works in the US, no registered voter and total population is 1:1 that's not how things work.

Secondly, there's a reason both parties put more effort in going after the black vote, the EC doesn't like, all those professionals that make it their job don't lie, that's a voting block that can flip or break "too close to calls" in numerous states in the EC, the Hispanic vote, which the plurality of the population of is in Califronia, is not as valuable in the EC, if Trump wants to make it Florida something that isn't "close" he would need the black vote as the Hispanic liberal/conservative line in Florida was drawn years ago.

This is why Blacks defections and blacks not voting were a big deal in 2016, the defections helped Trump in states people though gave Hillary a "wall" and the non votes meant that she couldn't make up for the defections.

Now you are going to have a larger number of defections? That's a democrat nightmare. That's why you see blue states/cities trying to get felons to vote and giving illegals ids, and why 2016 was worse than previous years for dead voters and multiple votes, they know what they are doing, they know that if they can't remove Trump they can't win without cheating.

That's why Mayor Pete is trying so hard because if Pete ever got a good chunk of Black dem support, he won't, he "might" actually be able to outrun Biden, which isn't going to happen. 22% of Black voters in the dem primary are undecided and increasing, Those could be the new "not voting" and some of those may even go to trump or protest vote for a third party.

I'm not saying Hispanics votes are garbage, every vote counts, but the EC is how you actually win the game of chess, if you want to play candy land at Taco bell do it at your non-american country. Over here you win by the EC.

If any of your logic made sense the the campaign strategies in 2016 shouldn't have happened, but they didn't because your 100$ wrong.

(Not to mention your wiki stats are wrong, horribly outdated and can easily be corrected with a 5 second search, even on government websites,, but then again you aren't from America so you took the lazy easy route for information unsurprisingly.)

Super Mario

Mario Mario
Nov 12, 2016
Honestly, I doubt the black community is seeing the difference with the jobs as much as they are hearing about it. Hearing about results for black people is enough to catch interest though.

The left has no idea what to do to earn their vote anymore. Some think it's doubling-down on racism and reparations. Fortunately, more and more people are becoming smarter than that.

This is why the left currently loves Hispanics. They can literally shovel in millions that don't know any better other than there's a protective wing over them.

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
Honestly, I doubt the black community is seeing the difference with the jobs as much as they are hearing about it.
You do realize the Black people polled would likely know if they are receiving benefits from him or not right? They didn't poll white people that said they were black. Well, hopefully.

I mean, considering how much the media tarnishes trump and how much racism and hate white dems slam on anyone considering Trump who is black, I doubt that "just hearing" about the strong jobs and employment would make them vote for him. That didn't work for Bush the second time and it didn't work for Romney when he tried using MA as an example of progress.

May 17, 2018
Thank you for proving my point by ignoring what I posted and then posting the exact thing I told you not to post proving your ignorant.

Hispanic populations are screwed due to a large amount of them not being eligible to vote, and several who aren't illegal aren't registered making the supposed population pointless which just shows you're an idiot and don't know how anything works in the US, no registered voter and total population is 1:1 that's not how things work.

Secondly, there's a reason both parties put more effort in going after the black vote, the EC doesn't like, all those professionals that make it their job don't lie, that's a voting block that can flip or break "too close to calls" in numerous states in the EC, the Hispanic vote, which the plurality of the population of is in Califronia, is not as valuable in the EC, if Trump wants to make it Florida something that isn't "close" he would need the black vote as the Hispanic liberal/conservative line in Florida was drawn years ago.

This is why Blacks defections and blacks not voting were a big deal in 2016, the defections helped Trump in states people though gave Hillary a "wall" and the non votes meant that she couldn't make up for the defections.

Now you are going to have a larger number of defections? That's a democrat nightmare. That's why you see blue states/cities trying to get felons to vote and giving illegals ids, and why 2016 was worse than previous years for dead voters and multiple votes, they know what they are doing, they know that if they can't remove Trump they can't win without cheating.

That's why Mayor Pete is trying so hard because if Pete ever got a good chunk of Black dem support, he won't, he "might" actually be able to outrun Biden, which isn't going to happen. 22% of Black voters in the dem primary are undecided and increasing, Those could be the new "not voting" and some of those may even go to trump or protest vote for a third party.

I'm not saying Hispanics votes are garbage, every vote counts, but the EC is how you actually win the game of chess, if you want to play candy land at Taco bell do it at your non-american country. Over here you win by the EC.

If any of your logic made sense the the campaign strategies in 2016 shouldn't have happened, but they didn't because your 100$ wrong.

(Not to mention your wiki stats are wrong, horribly outdated and can easily be corrected with a 5 second search, even on government websites,, but then again you aren't from America so you took the lazy easy route for information unsurprisingly.)
You post a lot of stuff without substance and sources.
That's the official 2010 census data. Of course that is outdated. So what?
The relative ratio does not swing 15 percentage points in that 10 years. I'll gladly post the 2020 census data that will show the exact same picture.
Iowa did not magically become a black state.
Yet the Hispanic community grew again by a lot. More than the black community.
They are still the second biggest voting population in the US. And guess where the most illegal live? In California and Texas. The 2 states that matter the least.
Florida, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico have just an estimated 3 to 4%

Also Black vote for a Democrat is so much different than a Republican, because they have 80%+ of that vote.
There are 60 million Hispanics in the US. There aren't 30 million illegal Hispanics in the US.
Guess why the Sunbelt is becoming purple but the Black Belt not. Hispanics and College whites.

Just change the GOP Black vote in 2016 and the Hispanic vote by 5 and 10%.
And see how the electoral college map changes.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: Nobody_Important

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
You post a lot of stuff without substance and sources.
That's the official 2010 census data. Of course that is outdated. So what?
The relative ratio does not swing 15 percentage points in that 10 years. I'll gladly post the 2020 census data that will show the exact same picture.
Iowa did not magically become a black state.
Yet the Hispanic community grew again by a lot. More than the black community.
They are still the second biggest voting population in the US. And guess where the most illegal live? In California and Texas. The 2 states that matter the least.
Florida, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico have just an estimated 3 to 4%

Also Black vote for a Democrat is so much different than a Republican, because they have 80%+ of that vote.
There are 60 million Hispanics in the US. There aren't 30 million illegal Hispanics in the US.
Guess why the Sunbelt is becoming purple but the Black Belt not. Hispanics and College whites.
Again you ignore all relevant points like all people ignorant of American politics, you ignore the EC, you ignore that population and votes aren't 1:!, you ignore the registered to vote hispanics that are even eligible, you ignore 2016, you ignore the DNC currently right now salivating after the black vote because of the EC in the new RIGHT NOW, you ignore history, and you have no idea how the EC works.

This is not a winnable argument for you. Stop.

Your whole argument is based on believing that an inaccurate population of hispanics you found on an outdated census that also had flaws, equal the amount of hispanic registered voters in the country, and assume based on flawed population counts that they are more important, while ignoring that the DNC and the RNC are pushing for black voters more and not hispanics not just in 2016, but RIGHT NOW.

So the question is what are you even arguing? You're wrong unless you think every professional is an idiot for the CURRENT campaign strategies which seems rather dumb, I'm sure they know what they are doing and have seen the data giving them justification to campaign the way they are TODAY.

Illegal immigrants aren't part of the voting population, although the DNC wants them to, you basically just proved your ignorance with that statement and should continue on with your day instead of digging a deeper hole.

HoodWinked

Jun 30, 2010
Earth
I wonder if polls are going up not because his actual support has risen it's just people are more willing to admit it in a poll and/or pollsters are over compensating for getting it wrong last time so they've tweaked their sample skews

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
I wonder if polls are going up not because his actual support has risen it's just people are more willing to admit it in a poll and/or pollsters are over compensating for getting it wrong last time so they've tweaked their sample skews
Doubtful for black voters. We know they skewed heavily dem, and have since the 30s, from the 2016 election demographics. If we were talking about whites, then yea you could make that case and probably be right. Blacks polled and voted essentially the same in 2016.

The issue with the approval numbers is we have no idea if it will affect the vote at all. Bush got only 11% of the black vote in 04 while having over 30% approval among blacks. Though that was an increase from 7% in 2000.

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
Doubtful for black voters. We know they skewed heavily dem, and have since the 30s,
What? Heavily didn't become a thing until the late 60's which was called out by guys like Malcolm X as brainwashing to screw them over, and he was right. Other guys were against it to, amazing how all those predictions from the 50's and 60's came true.

Reactions: monegames

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
What? Heavily didn't become a thing until the late 60's which was called out by guys like Malcolm X as brainwashing to screw them over, and he was right. Other guys were against it to, amazing how all those predictions from the 50's and 60's came true.
You are right, my word choice was poor. I should have said it began skewing dem in the 30s with FDR.

Reactions: Ornlu

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
You are right, my word choice was poor. I should have said it began skewing dem in the 30s with FDR.
It's a pretty big difference, if democrats had todays power back then there might have been multiple genocide attempts. Especially in the closed off inner cities were there would be no escape. Horrifying to think about.

Well I guess it's not too different now, except they can walk into the innercities with machine guns and mow people down like they could in the 30's.

Reactions: monegames

Super Mario

Mario Mario
Nov 12, 2016
You do realize the Black people polled would likely know if they are receiving benefits from him or not right? They didn't poll white people that said they were black. Well, hopefully.
To be fair, they also thought for decades that the Democrats had their best interests in mind. I'm not ruling anything out just yet.

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
To be fair, they also thought for decades that the Democrats had their best interests in mind. I'm not ruling anything out just yet.
Those aren't related.

Also the democrats closing off GOP from even running in many of those innercities is more reason for the trend of voting democrat than dems having their best interest in mind, some local areas don't even have republicans TO RUN against the democrats there. Obamas bad presidency which gave the Republicans the biggest gains in a long time broke some of those districts apart which seems to be where most of the voters moving right are coming from. Even then, many blacks aren't voting either, so both are good situations that benefit Trump either way.