• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NOW LIVE] Cyberpunk | Patch 1.3 - What's new in Night City?

Fredrik

I’m back in baby, PC team, 135 hours and counting…let’s roll 😎
I’m kinda over it to be honest. Played through it quite early, tried all life paths several times, different build and appearance, played around with mods etc. But who am I kidding I need to see what has changed so here we go again! Only have 247 hours logged on Steam so far, need to hit 250 at least to round it off nicely. 😋👍

Seriously though I wish they did more on the lifepaths, everything syncs up and starts feeling about the same too quickly, and I want bigger concequences from the choices you make, some dramatic ones that really make you think about what you’re saying and doing. Never finished The Witcher 3 but from what I saw it seemed to force you to take tougher decisions.

And they need to have body crafting in the character editor, it’s extremely limited right now compared to other RPGs. Modders has tried to tweak things but that’s a janky solution.

Last edited:

intbal

Hooray for patches!

i2cMwAd.jpg

With frame-pacing like that, I wouldn't recommend this game to epileptics.

Check out Shadowrun Dragonfall games if you want a cool Cyberpunk setting.

No Hollywood actors though (I think the budget for CP2077 went to actors and the marketing team not the developers).

Have it installed on PC but apart from the stellar graphics the game feels a bit shallow.
I'm having more fun playing Watch Dogs Legion and Days Gone than this.
Could be a case of CDPR biting off more than they could chew with this title cause I don't even think Rockstar would be able to meet the lofty ambitions laid out for this game.

Where's the police bribing system?
Where's the thousands of NPC's that had their own daily routines?
There's tons more stuff the developer promised or at least advertised during the reveals leading up to launch.
Are these things even going to make it to the game via DLC? There's so many other issues they have to address first but fuck, I just don't see CDPR digging themselves out of this hole.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
Have it installed on PC but apart from the stellar graphics the game feels a bit shallow.
Could be a case of CDPR biting off more than they could chew with this title cause I don't even think Rockstar would be able to meet the lofty ambitions laid out for this game.
Watch dogs legion is trash compared to this game lmao....

SJRB

Gold Member
If the subreddit is anything to go by this update isn't doing so well. Endless barrage of bugs and glitches are being posted there.

Bruh I like you but let's not go crazy alright? Legion is a TERRRRRRRRRRRIBLE game.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
You know what, you're right. I didnt take the timeframe into consideration.

These guys have barely scratched the surface with their patches after launch, whereas I'm sure NMS was 3/4 to release their first expansion around this time.
NMS had more stable gameplay on the PS4 at launch than CP2077 too, it was bereft of content, but at least it wasn't 15 fps with loads of crashes.

Armorian

Banned

Where's the police bribing system?
Where's the thousands of NPC's that had their own daily routines?
There's tons more stuff the developer promised or at least advertised during the reveals leading up to launch.
Are these things even going to make it to the game via DLC? There's so many other issues they have to address first but fuck, I just don't see CDPR digging themselves out of this hole.

DG is fun but sometimes so fucking boring, I have this game on hold now. WDL...

giphy.gif

rolandss

Damn, really? Over launch day / year of No Man's Sky? I remember that list of over promised features was like 400 items long.
No man’s sky was a total flub no doubt, but it was an indie game.

Cyberpunk was supposed to be a AAA game with a AAA budget that took 8 years to make. The hype train CD Projekt created off the back of the success of Witcher III, the closed door demos, the press conferences, the merchandising tie ins, the interviews again again promising huge things from this game as being the greatest open world RPG games of all time with where the real star of the show would be night city, this amazing living world they’d created, yadda yadda. They purposely set expectations of this game immensely high. The evidence is everywhere. They delivered a mediocre, unfinished shooter they put out 2 years too early, with a mediocre, poorly executed open world, saddlebagged by major game breaking bugs, that required an apology from their CEO, offering of refunds and incited an lawsuits for misleading investors.

I stand by biggest disappointment of all time. Aside from a small fan club of people, the biggest conversations going on on forums like this are people bashing the game, because frankly the game and CD Projekt kinda deserve it. Aside from myself, I don’t know anyone who has bought it (and after waiting this long for it to be fixed I regret it). Everyone was universally put off at how trash it was on launch and unlike no man’s sky I don’t think it’s reputation will recover.

Watch dogs legion is trash compared to this game lmao....
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

I've played through a painful 50 hours of Cyberpunk on PS4. Painful because I encountered tons of bugs and blue screens. However I finished the main story before I got my refund as it became unbearable to keep staring at a blue screen every few minutes.
I've since downloaded the game on PC but only played the first few missions and don't have any real feeling to play any further.

Like I said I'm sinking more time into Days Gone and WD Legion than this game which is supposed to be a some sort of next gen experience so I'm enjoying these other open world games more than Cyberpunk.

If the subreddit is anything to go by this update isn't doing so well. Endless barrage of bugs and glitches are being posted there.

Bruh I like you but let's not go crazy alright? Legion is a TERRRRRRRRRRRIBLE game.
You don't have to like me. That's your opinion that you think Legion is terrible. Seems most people here hate it while I enjoy it. I enjoyed Watch Dogs1 and 2 as well. So maybe I love the what they do with the game world in this series.

Playing now and found two more bugs.

1. Sometimes I can't sprint with no explanation why. Fast Travel of reloading helps.
2. Tire tracks from burnouts show up on rocks and grass.
Wow that's crazy.

Last edited:

Hugare

Ghost town

My exact experience on PS5

Its worse than before. Since its a back compat + game, it runs at PS4 settings on the PS5.

So when they downgrade the game on the PS4 to make it run better, PS5 looks worse.

Its real bad. Like, Ive been driving for 5 minutes and I encountered 10 cars at most and 5 people on the streets.

If you have it on the PS5, just wait for the next gen patch. Its not worth it.

My exact experience on PS5

Its worse than before. Since its a back compat + game, it runs at PS4 settings on the PS5.

So when they downgrade the game on the PS4 to make it run better, PS5 looks worse.

Its real bad. Like, Ive been driving for 5 minutes and I encountered 10 cars at most and 5 people on the streets.

If you have it on the PS5, just wait for the next gen patch. Its not worth it.
Lol Holy Shit.

Stuart360

JoeBudden

They'll never completely fix this game. There's like fundamental flaws with a lot of systems, for example the crafting / upgrade system, that will require complete reworks if they ever want them to be viable character progression paths.

CD Projekt Red “People Don’t Seem To Be Aware How Difficult It Is To Create Patches For A Game Already Launched”​

That's for games that work at launch, developed by software engineers in a hyper-competitive industry, not the broken ass turd sandwich that you call a "game" just because it's complied and can boot up, written and rushed by 3rd rate clowns to satisfy their investor daddies.

Or maybe, not launch on 7 year old consoles at all then, forget the 6 million+ units sold with the revenue generated on them (till now), and stick to just PC, let alone hiding the console review copies from the press? Hmm?

STFU and fix the digital shitstain that you managed to paint halfway through, to completion, you incompetent wankers, and stop whinging while you're at it.

Dorohedoro

The patch decided to give my female V the default hairstyle for whatever reason, it'd sure be nice if we could change it. And what's the deal with that DLC car? Dakota is supposed to offer it to you but she doesn't do anything, I've waited for like a month in-game. It says you need to complete Ghost Town first but I completed it a long time ago, this playthrough is done I'm just messing around with a save from before Nocturne Op55N1.

That's for games that work at launch, developed by software engineers in a hyper-competitive industry, not the broken ass turd sandwich that you call a "game" just because it's complied and can boot up, written and rushed by 3rd rate clowns to satisfy their investor daddies.

Or maybe, not launch on 7 year old consoles at all then, forget the 6 million+ units sold with the revenue generated on them (till now), and stick to just PC, let alone hiding the console review copies from the press? Hmm?

STFU and fix the digital shitstain that you managed to paint halfway through, to completion, you incompetent wankers, and stop whinging while you're at it.
Yeah, it's hilarious to me because watching the stream you can tell they asked the most "please feel bad for us" types of people to host the stream and talk about how hard it is to patch a game.

It's sad, and it's obvious they're playing for pity points to excuse an entire year of barely improving anything.

But they let the cat sleep in more places, so you know they know what's their top priority 🙄

Anyone on a mid-range PC tested 1.3 yet? Patch notes mention improvements to SSR on lower settings (less grain). Is it actually good now?

Flabagast

You should know that reddit is always overexagerating, is it one of the places that hates the most on the game.

The patch is a net positive as it fixes a lot of issues and gives an additional performance boost on consoles, as well as finally fixing the grainy effect by changing the way SSR works. It also makes the game harder, notably on higher difficulty, by changing a little bit ennemy AI and also nerfing several guns and quickhacks, which makes some people mad but is a good point in my book (game was definitely too easy)

There are, however, some new smaller bugs that seem to have been introduced with the patch, ie: the reload animation can be in slow motion on some weapons (asking for a reloading of the game), some bald characters now have hair, and the game asks to redo one specifis completed quest. Those things happen but overall is it a good step in the right direction.

SSfox

So did they really fix all the bugs of the game by now? Cause is so only thing that matters to me before buying the game is the next gen upgrade patch.

SJRB

Gold Member
You should know that reddit is always overexagerating, is it one of the places that hates the most on the game.

The patch is a net positive as it fixes a lot of issues and gives an additional performance boost on consoles, as well as finally fixing the grainy effect by changing the way SSR works. It also makes the game harder, notably on higher difficulty, by changing a little bit ennemy AI and also nerfing several guns and quickhacks, which makes some people mad but is a good point in my book (game was definitely too easy)

There are, however, some new smaller bugs that seem to have been introduced with the patch, ie: the reload animation can be in slow motion on some weapons (asking for a reloading of the game), some bald characters now have hair, and the game asks to redo one specifis completed quest. Those things happen but overall is it a good step in the right direction.

I don't agree with this at all.

If fixing one bug results in another bug then there's literally no progress. It's just constant shifting of issues. Performance increase on consoles is fairly laughable considering the extremes they had to go through to get said increase, most notably disabling almost all traffic and NPCs. So now the game runs marginally better but in return you drive around a literal ghost town. Again - not progress, just "solving" one issue by creating another.

Anyone on a mid-range PC tested 1.3 yet? Patch notes mention improvements to SSR on lower settings (less grain). Is it actually good now?

I haven't gotten around to trying out the update, but here's a video link for you.

I'd argue the GTX 1650S is midrange along with the GTX 1660 (which is what I have), so hopefully this video helps paint a better picture for you.

Last edited:
I haven't gotten around to trying out the update, but here's a video link for you.

I'd argue the GTX 1650S is midrange along with the GTX 1660 (which is what I have), so hopefully this video helps paint a better picture for you.

Thanks. I'm on a 1660ti as well. However the video was not very useful since when they played on the 1660 they had turned SSR off. Besides it's hard to discern the SSR grain because of YouTube compression anyway. Hope you can provide some impressions when you install!

Inviusx

Ghost town

Looks like they are trying to reduce data streaming stutter by despawning traffic and NPCs when you're in a car. As soon as he got out of the car NPCs and traffic magically started appearing again.

They really did go for the nuclear option to get the game running on last gen.

Last edited:

sinnergy

The actual game code is broken, in order to fix these things the code needs to be rewritten from the ground up! Small hot fixes like these doesn’t fix shit!
You looked into probably millions of lines of code from this game .. ? Silly statement to make.

Last edited:

waquzy

You looked into probably millions of lines of code ? Silly statement to make.
Not really that silly as it’s true. In order to fix the game properly they need to rewrite the code completely, at the moment all CDPR is doing is putting a bandaid on a broken code hoping it would fix things, but the problem is the underlying code. Hence why people are still having major bugs after each update!

Armorian

Banned
So did they really fix all the bugs of the game by now? Cause is so only thing that matters to me before buying the game is the next gen upgrade patch.

There is no game ever released without any bugs.

I wonder if nxgamer will revisit it again? Seems rough as fuck.

It runs better and better on last gen consoles in terms of fps with every patch (at least on sony consoles).

Top Bottom