• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that it's over, who do you think won E3 2021?

Who won E3 2021?

• Total voters

Ellery

Now I understand why Sony showed the Horizon Forbidden West gameplay right before E3. They played 4D chess and knew that whatever is going to be shown at E3 won't be that impressive anymore and that nobody has games of that quality to compete with it.
(Don't get me wrong Atomic Heart and STALKER2 looked promising but eastern european multi platform FPS games are a little bit different).

The entire thing felt pretty forced and you could feel the effects the pandemic had the last 18 months and overall it feels like the industry is really struggling with the transition to next gen consoles and adequate graphics.

Overall I expected a weak showing and that is roughly what I got. Elden Ring and BOTW2 were basically the bare minimums after they were a no-show for so long it was inevitable and they showed them.

2021 remains empty and everything is moved to 2022 and in 2022 we might have a packed year in the second half.

Nothing more annoying than all the people here that said Sony. Sony didn't even compete. They had zero to do with E3 this year. How could they possibly have a better showing when they showed nothing?

AJUMP23

Gold Member
If this is the last E3 we will know why. The ESA failed on every level to deliver anything really compelling. Xbox and Nintendo don’t need the ESA to get out their marketing. And those were the only things worth looking at for all of E3. SGF, KEILY, THE DORITOS POPE delivered a big exclusive with the Elden Ring trailer.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Nintendo because they showed games coming out this year and they're what I'm interested in:

- Fatal Frame 5 (getting this for PS5)
- Warioware
- Mario Party Superstars
- Shin Megami Tensei V
- Super Monkey Ball

I'm interested in Danganronpa but I already have it on PSVita (and I'm not interested in the other modes except the VN part).

Tschumi

Look, I know this has probably been said a thousand times already on this thread, but in the whole of this e3, we barely got any gameplay videos... I mean in terms of education about a game a CGI is the next thing to nil, it's like, I didn't get shit about warcraft 3 from it's intro video, I don't get shit about the gameplay of Halo: Infinite from that little movie. They didn't entirely fail to show gameplay, though I didn't learn much from the multiplayer video for Infinite, but by and large I found E3 to be disappointing. I give this to Nintendo, because at least they gave gameplay from more or less every title, from memory.

assurdum

Banned
Rethoric question but outside Xbox event what else there was in the show? Seems a race with a single participant

Longcat

Limited Run Games. If only becase it was the only show that actually made me laugh. The "influencer apology" bit got me good.

sol_bad

No one won, I've never seen such a poor showing at an E3 before. I don't know if it's because of covid or what but it was an absolute shit show.
We primarily got new trailers and footage of games we already knew about, fucking DLC for games that are 2 months to multiple years old or if a new IP was announced it was a bloody CGI trailer.
Capcom and Namco were the absolute worst offenders of the lot and Nintendo probably had the best presentation but their announcements were still pretty poor.

Microsoft was also really poor, reason being because they have 23 studios making games for them, they knew when their new console was being released and it's like they didn't have any of their 23 studios start making games for their new hardware until their new hardware was actually released. IMO Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 should have been launch titles or at least released within a few months of the new Series X, which means their development should have started much earlier than it did.

Top Bottom