• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that Persona 3/4/5 are coming where are you most excited to play them?

Where are you most excited to play Persona 3/4/5?

• PS5/4

Votes: 60 30.2%
  • Switch

Votes: 46 23.1%
  • PC/Steam Deck

Votes: 48 24.1%
  • Xbox One/Series

Votes: 45 22.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lognor

Banned
Pretty cool how evenly split the poll is. Really shows how clueless Atlus has been for years by keeping certain franchises locked to one platform.

I wonder if we'll get a SMT V port to Xbox/PC/PS before the end of the year. SMT isn't a heavy hitter outside of Japan so Atlus may not be a in rush. Hell, they clearly have not been in a rush with a much more successful series. Only took a couple of decades for them to realize they should release Persona everywhere.

Jaybe

I’ll give P5R a try on Xbox at some point since Game Pass. I’m skeptical I’ll like it as it’s not my preferred genre, but it could hook me.

Isa

Xbox because I'm a Centaur of my word. MS finally put up and so I'll play them there. Quite looking forward to it actually, starting with Soul Hackers 2, among my most anticipated games this year. Day 1 for sure.

reksveks

Does it have cross save? I guess not all games on game pass have it
Yeah sadly don't know yet. Weirdly Soul Hackers 2 is actually playanywhere but the flag for cross platform saves or playanywhere isn't ticked (this might just be a mistake)

Last edited:

Ozzie666

If I owned a steam Deck that would be the answer. I played a lot of Persona 5 on the Vita with remote play. I'd go with the switch because it seems like the perfect hand held game.

Gambit2483

😂 I have a feeling this poll does not represent the vast majority of people that are excited about this announcement

killatopak

Honestly, I’ve played them to death.

I have like 400 hours on P5 alone on a single save file. With 999 hp/sp and 99 all stats with specific skills on around 30-40 personas.

Shit, I beat every boss on the hardest difficulty solo only. Yes, even the secret bosses.

I don’t think I want to repeat that again in the near future.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Only thing I want to do is the P3P Female MC route since I didn’t do it on the PSP. The rest I did already.

Switch is an obvious choice since I played the original on PSP and P4G on Vita.

Deerock71

Nintendo Switch Art GIF by tobycooke

Deerock71

it's disgusting tbh. i don't get this fascination people have with playing games (or using their phone) while at the toilet. i hope you're cleaning your Switch. more importantly...why are you spending so long in the bathroom that you can sit there and enjoy playing a game. You gotta go see a doctor.
debbie downer GIF

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
PC, mainly because having it on steam will mean cloud saves so ill have my progress everywhere i go, also for the portability factor since i will be playing this game on my steam deck

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
PS5 for 4 and 3....already sunk 117 hrs into P5, so im not gonna redo that one.

Between Switch and PS5, in addition to choosing PS5 for graphics and performance....if they were both identical in that regard id still go with PS5 for trophies

KiteGr

p3p Is better than persona 3 of ps2?
Depends...
The PSP release has a ton of quality of life additions, such as the ability to take control of the other party members (though IMO they mostly do fine being AI controlled), have more personas, an actuall "defend" option, an option to play as a female protagonist (with lots of adgastments to the story), and generally implementing lessons they've learned making the other instalments. The MC's Weapon is now also of a fixed type, and you no longer have to talk to your party members to change their gear.

HOWEVER.
To fit all that on the underpowered PSP, let alone implement all the possible changes for the possible Female protagonist, they've pretty much removed all graphics. Besides the new anime intro, there are no anime cutscenes through the whole game, having been replaced by still images and in-game cutscenes in some rare best cases. All other areas and cutscenes besides the dungeon crawling have been replaced with Still images of the areas where you navigate with a mouse and Visual Novel cutscenes. Some new artwork of sidecharacters have been drawn to depict some characters that would otherwise appear only as 3d models in the original, but generally a ton of the cutscenes lost their flair, and I'm saying this as someone who's first experience with the series was from P3P so you can't say that's nostalgia speaking.
5oryIhX.jpg

FwugnUc.png

The dungeons them selfs that seem to be the only part where they retained the graphics, but they've also been massivelly downgraded with shadows, decorations and atmosphere missing.
TOhpJJ0.jpg

lFzycQJ.jpg

Sorry for the inconsistent resolution of the images, but I googled them.

Finally. The 2nd edition of the PS2 version (Persona 3 Fes) besides some minor improvements, also had a full expansion, taking place after the game futuring Aegis as the main character. The whole thing was scrapped on the portable version.

So, to make Long story short:
P3P brought a lot of the mechanisms up to P4 standards and added a female option for MC with no small changes, but in the process got a very significant downgrade in presentation and lost an expansion.

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

Fucking steam man, played it on rpcs3 at 4k and tasted that beautiful persona 5 at 60fps, cause my PS3 version sucked ass lol But o stopped caus I knew it was gonna hit PC at some point.

Top Bottom