• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that the new PS Plus came out which PS1, PS2 and PSP RPGs are you looking forward to see the most?

KàIRóS

I'll start with 3 that were already on the PS3 Store so I would expect Sony to eventually release these at some point.

kEjFV5A.png
JPhjjXj.jpg

My favorite Breath of Fire, I love the battle system, being able to change party members mid battle blew my mind back in the day as it added a lot of strategy and this was also made when Capcom was at it's peak in terms of sprites and artwork, to me it's still one the most beautiful 2D games I've ever played.

jthslIp.jpg
SmPTPhu.jpg

My favorite game in the most underrated JRPG franchise out there, the story is so damn good in this game with all kinds of twists and turns, many ditch this franchise because the art is made by a H artist so they think the game will be some kind of eroge rpg or whatever, they couldn't more wrong and they are missing out, the battle system is a combination of turn based and real time strategy, very similar to the new game The DioField Chronicle from Square Enix.

bgeeG4q.jpg
G94VhBl.jpg

IMO the best version of the original Lunar for the Sega CD, it was already an incredibly ambitious JRPG with voice acting, anime cutscenes and a battle system that used moving and positiong in the battlefield as a key mechanic.

I said RPGs but feel free to mention any type of game you would like to see from the PS1, PS2 or PSP libraries.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
I'll start with 3 that were already on the PS3 Store so I would expect Sony to eventually release these at some point.

kEjFV5A.png
JPhjjXj.jpg

My favorite Breath of Fire, I love the battle system, being able to change party members mid battle blew my mind back in the day as it added a lot of strategy and this was also made when Capcom was at it's peak in terms of sprites and artwork, to me it's still one the most beautiful 2D games I've ever played.

jthslIp.jpg
SmPTPhu.jpg

My favorite game in the most underrated JRPG franchise out there, the story is so damn good in this game with all kinds of twists and turns, many ditch this franchise because the art is made by a H artist so they think the game will be some kind of eroge rpg or whatever, they couldn't more wrong and they are missing out, the battle system is a combination of turn based and real time strategy, very similar to the new game The DioField Chronicle from Square Enix.

bgeeG4q.jpg
G94VhBl.jpg

IMO the best version of the original Lunar for the Sega CD, it was already an incredibly ambitious JRPG with voice acting, anime cutscenes and a battle system that used moving and positiong in the battlefield as a key mechanic.
The lunar on psp would be amazing.

Brave Fencer Mushashi Ps1
Silent Hill 2 and 2 (the collection went off PSnow for whatever reason)
Mgs 2,3, and 4

Any Ps1 classic that was on PS3 but with trophy support (Fingers crossed for Resident Evil 2 OG with trophy support 🤤)

You all making me go down a trip through memory lane and I'm loving it. Keep it coming guys!

Kudos to OP for Breath of Fire IV. It was the first JRPG I finished as a kid not knowing a thing of English. I learnt the basics of other words in different languages mostly trying RPGs back in the day. My 6-year-old self learned the hard way to save the game before a hard encounter. It is basically the same satisfaction I feel while playing FromSoftware games.

NewYork214

l9lOyWo.jpg

Loved this game. Don't know if it lives up to the memories but my brother and I put so much time into this game. Would love to try again.

TexMex

I want them to put Legend of Dragoon on there so everyone can play it and realize there’s no reason to keep pretending it’s a masterpiece.

Also - big agree with Breath of Fire 4. I think 3 gets all the attention for ps1, and it’s great, but 4 is overlooked. Maybe it came out too late in the system life, but it’s a top 3 ps1 JRPG for me.

I'm waiting for my new TV to be delivered on Friday and I'm getting myself some Alundra (don't know if they will ever be on PS Plus 🏴‍☠️).

Zatzuken

Persona 1 + 2 + Eternal Punishment
Breath of Fire 3 + 4
Alundra

And while not rpgs get the rest of the classic RE games and Metal Gear Solid

Kokoloko85

The ones on The PS3 & PS Vita store…. Like Suikoden 2, Digital Devil Saga etc. The classics so far is pretty lame. PS2 ones are the same ones we’ve had since PS4. And PS1/PSP games are very limited

Last edited:

KàIRóS

Persona 1 + 2 + Eternal Punishment
Breath of Fire 3 + 4
Alundra

And while not rpgs get the rest of the classic RE games and Metal Gear Solid

Oh shit I totally forgot about Alundra, I think the first game was already on the PSN store so I think it's likely that we're getting that one.

I would love to replay Alundra 2 though, that game is so damn underrated I don't remember a lot of it but I do remember liking the pink haired girl and all the camera angle changes a la Nier during gameplay.

1XI4Ers.jpg
Vu4DdUZ.jpg
McMQG7v.jpg
5KABLGn.png

Legend of legia (even though pu lished by Sony, don't see it happening sadly)
The legend of dragoon
Vandel hearts 1 & 2
Suikoden 1 and 2
Brave fencer musashi
Tenchu 1 & 2
Persona 1&2
Mega man legends 1 & 2
Mortal Kombat trilogy
Road rash 3d
Parasite eve 1 & 2

And many more. Most of these I won't have to pay for as I bought them on psp/ps3 years ago on psn. Just downloaded syphon filter and wild arms today.

Esca

Is like the Shadow Hearts trilogy. I almost bought them multiple times when at stores but didn't for whatever reason. I'd really like to play them as I heard they are good

Gojiira

I dont care about any other game but Ring of Red, its so underrated with a cliffhanger ending that never saw a sequel. I want it on my PS5.

KàIRóS

Legend of Dragoon.
The legend of dragoon
Oh man. Replaying LoD in 2022 would be something.

Sony has no excuse with this one it's their IP and they know there's big nostalgia for this one, trophy support should also be there whenever it arrives, hopefully they will also update their emulator in the meantime, the timing for the inputs during combat is very strict so steady framerate is a must.

Top Bottom