• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that the price is known, which one will you get? PS5 Digital $399 / £359 or PS5 Disc $499 / £449

Which PS5 will you get?

• Disc $499 / £449

Votes: 213 71.7%
  • Digital $399 / £ 359

Votes: 84 28.3%

• Total voters

scalman

I'm not gonna rebuy my PS4 games digitally, so.
why rebuy , account will be same means all digital games will be there too. nothing to rebuy if ps4 game will get official ps5 patch.
if for disc ps5 version i will get digital + new headphones for all that 3d audio im up for that. ps4 pro was all time digital . so continue doing that with all my ps4 games allready on acc. just download and replay them on ps5 if want.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
why rebuy , account will be same means all digital games will be there too. nothing to rebuy if ps4 game will get official ps5 patch.

I have them on disc. Thought that was obvious from my post.

But I also don't want to be locked into digital only. Games are generally significantly more expensive on the PS Store than in physical stores here.

Last edited:
I'm in for an Xbox Series X 12 tfs for $499
Seriously?
JqGfxYp.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I don't plan on buying any physical PS5 games. I would only use the disc version to play my physical PS4 games. $100 off, combined with the fact that I already re-bought most of my disc games digitally on Xbox or got them free on PS+, I'll probably get the digital version.

cucuchu

Probably digital. I need to mitigate the financial stupidity of purchasing a 3080 as much as I can.

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
Disc. But at the $100 spread between the SKUs, I probably don't plan on buying at launch. Because that's kind of bullshit. Was planning on selling my PS4 though and no way I will rebuy those games digitally, so no way I would ever get the digital only version.

turtlepowa

Banned
Disc of course. Only 2 resold PS5 games and i got my money back. I don't spend 70 bucks for a digital singleplayer game without much/any replay value.

Last edited:
Definitely not digital, I'll always prefer being able to buy physical. Often that'll net me a better deal on a game as well, so I save in the extra money in a year or less.

Slaylock

Historically, I've always traded in my games, but I can't even remember the last time I did (other than Nintendo first party). How long will it take me to trade in $100 worth of games to make the disc version worth it? :confused:

DESTROYA

Disc, the hundred bucks in savings is not really much considering people have these consoles for years + I need something to watch my BR movies on.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I have approximately 20 games physical for PS4 and dozens digitally. I am considering going digital even though I said I never would.

the convenience of digital and the severe price deflation of physical makes it barely worth the hassle anymore. Still undecided and I can afford both but will probably end up buying physical out of habit.

Tripolygon

Banned
I'll be funding my purchase by selling my PS4 and some disc games I don't play anymore so i'm definitely in for the disc version. Fuck digital only.

Wunray

I'm forced to go digital due to the taxes in my country, I don't even use physical media anymore thanks to it.

Top Bottom