• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that we have options, which NeoGAF theme are you using, and why?

Which NeoGAF theme are you using?

• Total voters
I was wondering, which NeoGAF theme are you all using, and why are you using it? I set the poll options to three choices. Two for those of you who use one theme on PC and another on mobile, and one more because there's an option for round or square avatars.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Modern light. I never noticed there were themes for a long time so change seems too weird now to move to the dark side.

Shifty

Classic Dark. I wish it was tied to individual browsers rather than your account though- I like Modern Dark for mobile and wanted to mix and match across different devices, but I can't be giving up my old-school desktop UI.

greyshark

I hate change just as much as the next guy, but I gave Modern Dark a chance and I’ve gotten used to it. Still annoyed by some things on the mobile interface but otherwise generally happy with it.

royox

Modern Dark.

I like the white one but I got a new 4K screen and every time I open white gaf is like

1b80adcabcc5f64b6dd3e5f07f575340e8fdc859_hq.gif

Last edited:

J-Roderton

Used to be classic dark, but using Modern light during the day and modern dark during the night now. Finally got used to it.

Nymphae

Banned
Classic light/square

The new design is just too busy for me, it was impacting how much I wanted to read, and I found it more difficult to navigate between boards.Too much colour (it really didn't feel like Neogaf to me because of the colours - classic light and dark feel more appropriately themed off of the logo), and I really disliked the avatars in the thread lists.

Classic Gaf is simply perfect - no distracting visual elements, every section of the site is very readable and easy to parse info.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Modern Light theme, checking in

Too much colour (it really didn't feel like Neogaf to me because of the colours - classic light and dark feel more appropriately themed off of the logo), and I really disliked the avatars in the thread lists.

For what it's worth, they got rid of the avatars in the thread list on the modern themes a while back and it's a lot easier to digest now.

does modern round avatars mean the rounded corner squares? cause i use that

stuck with modern dark as i missed some of the features it brought that classic didnt have.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
For what it's worth, they got rid of the avatars in the thread list on the modern themes a while back and it's a lot easier to digest now.

Nice!

Honestly the biggest deal for me was all of the colours - purples and greens and blues and reds and oranges with black and white, the main forums page looked really garish.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Poll should be updated to include "no avatars" - surely some out there are using that option?

Nymphae

Banned
Poll should be updated to include "no avatars" - surely some out there are using that option?

Always wondered how many people do that, I would think it would take a lot of the charm away from the community and make people harder to remember.

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
Always wondered how many people do that, I would think it would take a lot of the charm away from the community and make people harder to remember.

Most people that requested that feature had some variation of "I don't want to be seen at work with all these anime avatars on my screen" along with their request. Since we were already working on giving people the option between square and rounded avatars, it was an easy request to fulfill.

Nymphae

Banned
Most people that requested that feature had some variation of "I don't want to be seen at work with all these anime avatars on my screen" along with their request. Since we were already working on giving people the option between square and rounded avatars, it was an easy request to fulfill.

:messenger_tears_of_joy: I can understand that

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Classic light.

Because as a floating head, i need little darkness and i am oldskool.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Modern Dark with Classic Squares.

Took a few days to get used to, but now I really enjoy it. Reminds me of a various productivity software/websites out there, so the tasking is nice and efficient for me.

But I do sometimes swap between classic white when on desktop which I used prior.

Last edited:

TFGB

Classic (Light) on Tablet purely because I can switch between Gaming and Off-Topic forums with a single button press due to the handy header nav.

Modern dark on mobile with square avatars; can't decide between classic dark, or modern dark on desktop - I like the look of both.

Fbh

I kinda wish I could set different themes as default for mobile and desktop.
On desktop I like Classic Dark better because it's just simpler and easier to read.
But on mobile I like Modern Dark because I can see notifications (with classic I can only see them holding the phone horizontally)

longdi

Banned
classic dark, it looks more classy. modern dark is like a samsung touchwiz UI.
Besides modern stretches the main text all the way to the sides. as an aside, resetera new theme compresses the text centrally. looks like the 2 forums are going over the extreme ends. lol

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
classic dark, it looks more classy. modern dark is like a samsung touchwiz UI.
Besides modern stretches the main text all the way to the sides. as an aside, resetera new theme compresses the text centrally. looks like the 2 forums are going over the extreme ends. lol

"Classic Dark" 爲賢人是呢

Jae Mara

Modern dark. I was back and forth for a while between dark old and new but the qol changes are better with modern. Prefer the colours of dark old but usability ftw.

I might create my own theme when I get the chance.

Oh and my squares are rounded sooo both?

Top Bottom