• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nox Archaist: A new Ultima style game for the Apple II, PC & Mac

Bullet Club

An 8-bit RPG modeled after the iconic games of the 1980s. You control a party of adventurers who travel the Realm, talk to NPCs in towns and castles, explore dungeons, and fight monsters as you seek to save the world from a terrible danger.

Key Features​

• 60+ hours of gameplay
  • Complex storyline and open world
  • Fast character creation and in-game tutorial
  • Hundreds of non-player characters to talk to
  • Quick Combat or Tactical Combat
  • Created on an Apple II computer, for faithful reproduction of 8-bit graphics
  • 8-bit sounds and in-game music

Included with the Game​

• DRM-free application for Mac and PC
  • Apple II hard drive and floppy disk images
  • PDF and eBook manual
  • Quick reference guide
  • High-resolution map
  • Custom soundtrack
  • Digital wallpapers

D.Final

Banned

An 8-bit RPG modeled after the iconic games of the 1980s. You control a party of adventurers who travel the Realm, talk to NPCs in towns and castles, explore dungeons, and fight monsters as you seek to save the world from a terrible danger.

Key Features​

• 60+ hours of gameplay
  • Complex storyline and open world
  • Fast character creation and in-game tutorial
  • Hundreds of non-player characters to talk to
  • Quick Combat or Tactical Combat
  • Created on an Apple II computer, for faithful reproduction of 8-bit graphics
  • 8-bit sounds and in-game music

Included with the Game​

• DRM-free application for Mac and PC
  • Apple II hard drive and floppy disk images
  • PDF and eBook manual
  • Quick reference guide
  • High-resolution map
  • Custom soundtrack
  • Digital wallpapers

The art style seems intriguing

pramod

Banned
OMG it's insane that someone actually did this...an Apple II game in 2020???

You can't get more hardcore oldschool than that.

Going to pick it up ASAP

Last edited:
I've been told the software market for these old computers is still alive. All sorts of people who still use them, and now they have money to spend.

CAB_Life

Nostalgia is a helluva drug. No interest in playing primative clones of floppy-disc games. Video games are a 'visual' medium, and it's okay to enjoy games for their fidelity or aesthetics. I'm genuinely curious about to whom this appeals.

Zog

Banned
$25? It's going to need a demo for me to even consider it.

Edit: No demo on Steam.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Told you nobody gives a shit here. Thread got buried in no time and if I didn't bump it now you would have never seen it again.

Just because no one talked doesn't mean it wasn't viewed and interested folks. There isn't much to say other than "Cool, excited to try it out". Until the game actually releases and folks play it, there isn't much to really discuss.

Last edited:
Top Bottom