• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD January 2013 Sales Results [Up7: Wii U 57K (CNET), Vita ~35K, PS3 201K]

Yawnier

Banned
xitWMrf.png

Oh wow, lol.

Zero148

Wii U only 10k lower than 360, but its multiplats sell less the Vita versions? Does that make sense?

of course, if those 270k WiiU is correct, the consoles sold without any additional software besides Nintendoland or with Mario/ZombiU.

edit: nevermind, fire Reggie

55k and 270k are both unbelievable. Hopefully someone sorts out this mess because they clearly are having troubles at the moment, haha.

Edited my last post, but this thread is too fast:

55k may not be far-fetched. Gamecube's 3rd month - also January - was 59k. And the Wii U has sold less each month than the Gamecube did.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
In my opinion, having 3DS do better and WiiU do horribly is a good thing. It sends the right message: Release a system with plenty of good games and have a consistent release schedule. Maybe it's just my personal preference is Nintendo games of GC era and older, but I just am not interested in Wii U's current games and I'm glad the industry isn't rewarded for those sorts of titles. I look forward to getting a WiiU when Nintendo releases some quality content.

Road

The only way that 38% is over 3 months is if NPD adjusted Wii hardware sales for January 2007 dramatically.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I find the 55k number almost as unbelievable as the 270k one.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Holy shit, so MS confirms Wii U is next gen?
Why're you surprised? The next Xbox will be competing with Wii U and orbis in the coming years. Do you expect Durango to compete with Xbox 360 or ps3? Microsoft knows what a generation actually is.

Top Bottom