• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD June 2011 Sales Results [Update5: Most HW in, Infamous 2]

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
wow @ half million

also, it was surprising to me to see infamous 2 so high...been playing infamous and im not that greatly impressed.

DMeisterJ

Banned
360 up over last year price cut/slim from E3 by 50k. Amazing. Six years and counting, and the console is still topping the charts.

Surprised at the LA Noire holdover. But it was an end of the month release, so a holdoverisn't that surprising. I just can't remember the last game that was #1 for two months, not named CoD.

Infamous 2 placed nicely, I guess.

Duffyside

Banned
Wait, MS holds 48% of the current generation console market share? What does that mean? Certainly not hardware, as Wii is and will be the king of this generation. So are they saying software sales?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Looks like those $299 Kinnect Bundles + $50 Gift Card paid off for MS

Also do they count those given away with the "Buy a Laptop from $699.99 and up get the 360 Bundle free?"

Also Holy Shit @ DNF @ 2, it was panned by critics everywhere, even creating the blacklist fiasco
I mean X-Play gave it a 1 out of 5, same as Big Rig Truckers....Come the FUCK ON!

szaromir

Banned
Duxxy3 said:
I still see no indication that kinect is the driving force behind the 360's sales.
360 has won as the machine to play third party games on. It's that simple. Majority of your friends having an XBL account is probably the biggest system seller at this point.

Mindlog

The Wii price cut really helped push 360 sales.

I am fucking befuddled.

However, I am now less confused by the Sony-Microsoft.com registrations. We will probably hear the announcement just before 11/11/11.

Good of the 360. MS really have a good thing going right now in america.

Also Good for infamous 2. wasn't expecting to to be that high. Number 1 single sku is pretty good. I guess for june that would be around 500,000?

Duxxy3

jim-jam bongs said:
You already had this post ready before you saw the numbers didn't you?

Where are the software sales for it? All of the 360 appearances are regular controller only.

360 numbers make me happy, developers (publishers?) need to take advantage of the so-called HD twins' installed base now and start making new IPs instead of yearly sequels.

I guess congrats to MS for selling so much when you had not one game out. Kind of makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit to see inFAMOUS 2 at #3 and the PS3 not doing better. America really hates Sony.

FrankT

Xbox 360 sold 507,000 units in June

What the freak. I know they had a lot of deals going on but no way did I think they would beat last years showing with the launch of the slim in comparison with no price cut. So much for all the Wii is going to come out on top this month.

They are going to have a gangbuster quarter with this ending.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Ha ha ha this generation is going to be around forever.

Credo

I only predicted 280k for 360 sales, and they blew that out of the water. Microsoft's got the magic touch apparently.

Wow.

Those 360 numbers are impressive. Honestly, besides charging for Live I love everything about the 360, controller, interface, games ... it really is the "it" system for me.

NecrumSlavery said:
I guess congrats to MS for selling so much when you had not one game out. Kind of makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit to see inFAMOUS 2 at #3 and the PS3 not doing better. America really hates Sony.

That ... or InFAMOUS 2 was just not that great. I put a couple hours into it and it felt like I was playing 1 without any new bells and whistles ... like the exact game. Although DNF up there is odd.

It's not hate, it's just lack of interest.

Kusagari

DefectiveReject said:
I doubt it is Kinect. Games don't sell for it.

I'm guessing it's price point?

Since when do games not sell for it? Dance Central and Kinect Sports, the two main games, both went over a million sold months ago. They're probably still bubbling around in the 11-20 range for individual SKU's but we never get that info anymore.

A Human Becoming said:
If he's counting worldwide, I believe Sony is still in second.
This. Not trying to derail an NPD thread, but when you're outselling the competition this much in the largest market, that's going to impact worldwide sales. Never thought MS would do that well this gen.

Luckyman

Banned
Pricedrop didn't do anything for Wii.

360 will overtake Wii worldwide before discontinued. It will sell 5+ years longer than Wii

Really doubted the Kinect because of its software, but it's done awesome, really terrific job from Microsoft. Sony has to be kicking themselves that they missed the motion stuff twice this gen by putting out incredibly uninspired efforts

Duxxy3 said:
Where are the software sales for it? All of the 360 appearances are regular controller only.

Hey I'm not saying the current success of the 360 has anything to do with Kinect either, I just thought that your post seemed like a reply to a comment which hasn't been made ITT.

Satchel

Banned
Fuck me.

360 pumping half a mill in June with Gears 3 and Halo CE still to come this year along with MW3.

Christ, September to Christmas for the 360 is going to be crazy.

Which console do we think was 'almost half' the 360? PS3? Given the performance of software?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
No 1 answered my "?'

look up to see what I asked

GraveRobberX said:
Looks like those $299 Kinnect Bundles + $50 Gift Card paid off for MS

Also do they count those given away with the "Buy a Laptop from $699.99 and up get the 360 Bundle free?"
[/B]

For the lazy

sphinx

the piano man
The 360 selling as much in a summer month in its 6th year is the result of years supporting and trying hard to make your system the best one in the market.

full 3rd party support, mistakes from the past sorted out (RROD), kinect for families, advertising their games, etc, etc.

Well deserved, I must say.

UberTag

Duxxy3 said:
Legacy single SKU titles (i.e. Kinect) aren't exactly going to have much of a chance to chart in a multi-SKU format sales chart unless they're from a AAA franchise or part of a monster sales trend (i.e. Just Dance).

Both Dance Central and Kinect Sports have sold plenty.

Kusagari said:
Since when do games not sell for it? Dance Central and Kinect Sports, the two main games, both went over a million sold months ago. They're probably still bubbling around in the 11-20 range for individual SKU's but we never get that info anymore.
Yes. A couple of 1-2million selling games account for the big surge in 360 numbers.
I mean no one with a 360 bought a Kinect???

harSon

Banned
Wario64 said:
3 platforms vs 1...not shocking really.

Well, the game having no recent incarnations to piggy back upon, and the fact that the game kind of sucks certainly makes its numbers interesting.

Top Bottom