• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD June 2011 Sales Results [Update5: Most HW in, Infamous 2]

fernoca

shintoki said:
Edit: Just notice Mortal Kombat too. 3 months in top 10 now, right?
Yep.
April: #1 (1.1 million)
May: #5 (292k)
June: #8 (under 280k)

The game also had (has?) nice legs on the (weekly)Xbox Live Activity.

sleepykyo

e-gamer said:
omg IS THAT RIGHT???

2nd expansion of SF4 and SSF4 players had the option to get AE as dlc for $15 a week before the disc release. Unless you really like having a brand new disc to the extent for waiting a week to pay $40, it was bought as dlc or digital on pc.

e-gamer

sleepykyo said:
2nd iteration of SF4 and SSF4 players had the option to get AE as dlc for $15 a week before the disc release. Unless you really like having a brand new disc to the extent for waiting a week to pay $40, it was bought as dlc or digital on pc.

for sure. I bought SF4 and SSF4 and now i dont care about new iterations.

It doesnt worth.

I wont feed capcom's trolls never again

T-0800 said:
The article you quote was incorrect. I belive there was a topic about it or maybe it's in the 'official' Vita thread.

The confusion arose from two very different concepts:

Sony isn't losing money by manufacturing the hardware.
Sony's Vita division will likely take three years to totally break even.

These are not contradictory statements.

Hiro_Kunimi_80 said:
link please.

http://twitter.com/#!/michaelpachter

samus4ever said:
So long ago. The only thing they got wrong was the changeable face plates lol.

I actually liked my woodgrain faceplate. I may have been the only one, but I rocked it until my 360 died from water damage and I replaced it with a slim...

I miss J Allard.

That man had a passion for the xbox brand that I think MS's messaging has lacked since he left.

outunderthestars said:
I actually liked my woodgrain faceplate. I may have been the only one, but I rocked it until my 360 died from water damage and I replaced it with a slim...

I miss J Allard.

The age of when changeable faceplates on cell phones were all the rage. I'm pretty sure they thought it would of taken off a lot better than it did. I never had one since I owned an elite at the time and most of the faceplates were white.

madmackem

Wow at the 360 numbers, glad infamous did well. Ps3 numbers wouldnt look so bad given the shit storm over psn and the still high price tag would look a good month for them but put them next to 360 numbers and wow. When does ninty start to worry about the 3ds, poor numbers those i think they need a price drop and some titles this xmas.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
outunderthestars said:
Really they have. Just look at the launch video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcT2swHHEUI

The 360, in my mind, is the first living, evolving console. To Microsoft's credit, they have constantly adding new features, refinements, and services to the device. They've also consistently refreshed the hardware in impressive ways.

The only fault I have is their movement away from a strong first part developer roster and an increasing reliance upon third parties.

That said, they really do deserve the success they now have.
Had no idea the 360 had a water cooled CPU (2:20 in that video). Learn something everyday.

linko9

Jesus, I thought PS3 had jumped 360 in popularity... I'm sure it's been speculated on, but why the turnaround this month?

Also, I was sort of hoping to see OoT sell better... but I'm guessing it will be one of those Nintendo-patented "evergreen" titles.... if 3DS sales ever pick up, that is.

Salacious Crumb

linko9 said:
Jesus, I thought PS3 had jumped 360 in popularity... I'm sure it's been speculated on, but why the turnaround this month?

Also, I was sort of hoping to see OoT sell better... but I'm guessing it will be one of those Nintendo-patented "evergreen" titles.... if 3DS sales ever pick up, that is.

This month? I'm pretty sure the 360 has been the best selling console for a couple of months now.

Busaiku

linko9 said:
The Legend of Zelda titles are rarely evergreens.

Tiktaalik

soldat7 said:
This is astounding. What was Nintendo thinking releasing another handheld? I guess the combined totals are nice. Or something.

This same thing happened with DS and GBA.

I couldn't find exact numbers for a good comparison but I did find the 2005 Jan->April sales. As of April, 2005, five months into the DS's life, the 2005 DS sales (so not counting Nov, Dec) were 425,301, whereas the GBA sales over that period were 830,615.

I was waiting for Shadows of the Damned to drop in price before I bought it, but now guilt, shame and disgust compel me to pick it up tomorrow at 60.

Duxxy3

Tiktaalik said:
This same thing happened with DS and GBA.

I couldn't find exact numbers for a good comparison but I did find the 2005 Jan->April sales. As of April, 2005, five months into the DS's life, the 2005 DS sales (so not counting Nov, Dec) were 425,301, whereas the GBA sales over that period were 830,615.

Difference then was the GBA was dying/dead. The DS has been the second best selling system in the states this year behind the 360 and it increased sales in June 2011 over June 2010.

Call me crazy but unless nintendo stops making it, the DS will outsell the 3DS for the foreseeable future.

Sipowicz

Banned
the 3DS
-looks like a hardware revision
-sounds like a hardware revision
- was less powerful than a one year old cellphone at release
- relies on a headache inducing, visual fad
-is expensive as fuck
-has little or nothing in the way of interesting content yet
- has a single analogue stick in 2011
- is region locked
- has very high priced games
- has a shit battery life

i wouldn't buy one if it cost half what it does and i'd imagine the same goes for most people. it's the worst machine nintendo have released since the virtual boy and that's not going to cut it against cellphones

Region locking isn't even a major issue to the masses. It's an issue, but not one that makes the majority go I'm not buying it because of region locking.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
wow @ 360 numbers.

I can't understand what's so good about the system. Can't find a reason to own it.

AniHawk

Duxxy3 said:
Difference then was the GBA was dying/dead. The DS has been the second best selling system in the states this year behind the 360 and it increased sales in June 2011 over June 2010.

Call me crazy but unless nintendo stops making it, the DS will outsell the 3DS for the foreseeable future.

at the time of the ds's release, the gba was very easily the second-best selling system behind the ps2 and had been for a while. the ds got a small pick-me-up thanks to pokemon, but ytd, it's only 100k ahead of the wii.

here's how bad the ds was doing in june 2005: nintendo didn't release separate ds and gba numbers in june 2005. and although they combined their numbers, that total was only 400k.

i forgot what the ds's fourth month was (february 05), but i believe it was the month when or the month before nintendo started bundling ds and gba sales.

there was also a month where the ds only sold 58k. it was in 2005, maybe may or april. i forget.

Tiktaalik

Duxxy3 said:

You may be right but I'm unsure about just how dead the GBA was.

I remember the GBA continuing to do pretty well and only tapering off once Nintendo outright stopped selling games for it. I think you're right though that the GBA was dead slightly earlier than the DS, after all there's still a few more DS games yet to come out. A new Kirby game, Layton and DQ Monsters title.

If anyone has more clear GBA numbers from 2004-2005 that would be pretty awesome, because I can't seem to find a lot of numbers from that period.

edit: That above sentence doesn't make a whole lot of sense but hopefully you understood what I was getting at. NoA is keeping the DS around longer than they kept the GBA.

SkylineRKR

Kinect does great in the States, but outside of that no one really cares while all Europeans and Japanese intially went crazy over the Wii.

Sony reportedly has a pricedrop in the pipeline, I think that entering the 199 range will give them a good structural boost. But they don't have anything like the Wii mote or Kinect to offer. Move is more of a peripheral thats not really pushed up front.

As for the 3DS, I see a 2006 Sony scenario where the DS is the Ps2 and the 3DS is the Ps3. The DS is still going too strong, is cheap and has a massive library.

Lynn616

subversus said:
wow @ 360 numbers.

I can't understand what's so good about the system. Can't find a reason to own it.

2uj5u9v.jpg

jeremy1456

BurntPork said:
If 3DS isn't "saved" by January, Revelations will almost certainly be either cancelled or moved to Vita anyway. Crossing off RE is fine.

Are you going to cry when that doesn't happen?

Relax man, while a port of RE:Revelations on Vita wouldn't surprise me you are making some absolutely insane predictions. Go splash water on your face and stop being stupid.

After reading through some of your earlier posts I'm having a real tough time telling if you really are stupid, or are just posting for the lulz.

MDX

NateDrake said:
As has been stated count less times the 360s MS gave during their Windows 7 promo counted towards the NPD figure.

So has anybody been able to extrapolate 360's sales without the promo?

LQX said:
Yep, it's kind of astonishing the way they built the 360 to literally evolve from the user interface to even the hardware addons and features. They even one upped PS3 with adding HDMI, 3D and 1080P support. And no one thought they would release hardware revision that would out class the PS3, not even Sony saw that coming. First on the scene and the only damn thing the 360 has not been able to do is play blu-rays.

Also they are the only game console to support 802.11n

Alx

Seda said:

That's not the joke though... there should be only one "wait for..." at a time, and when it fails it gets crossed and replaced by a new one, hence the different colours and handwritings. It was meant to make fun of people believing that a single game or feature would change everything.
yeah, explaining jokes is lame, I know...

Top Bottom