• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD June 2012 Results [Up1: Microsoft/Nintendo Hardware, Lego Batman 2, Lollipop]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Overall Industry:

Down 30% year over year.

Software:

june_2012_npdwykmr.jpg

1.) Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heores (360, Wii, PS3, NDS, 3DS, PSV, PC) Warner Bros. - 450K
2.) Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (360, PS3, PC) Ubisoft
3.) Diablo 3 (PC) Activision Blizzard
4.) Max Payne 3 (360, PS3, PC) Take-Two Interactive
5.) NBA 2K12 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PS2, PC) Take-Two Interactive
6.) Batman: Arkham City (360, PS3, PC) Warner Bros.
7.) Pokemon Conquest (NDS) Nintendo
8.) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360, PS3, Wii, PC) Activision Blizzard
9.) Battlefield 3 (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts
10.) The Amazing Spider-Man (360, PS3, 3DS, NDS, Wii) Activision Blizzard

xx.) Lollipop Chainsaw - 107K

Nintendo Software LTDs:
Super Mario 3D Land: 2.1 Million
Mario Kart 7: 1.75 Million
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time: 1 Million

Hardware:

Xbox 360: 257K (-49.3%)
Nintendo 3DS: 155K (+8.4%)
Nintendo DS: 150K (-61.1%)
Wii: 95K (-65.2%)
Vita + PSP: ~100K [According to Nintendo's PR statements.]

Other Information:

Nintendo PR Paraphrase said:
Nintendo 3DS is entering the next phase of its life cycle with new hardware, new games and proven franchises. This milestone shows we’ve got a great foundation to build from,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “The game lineup for Nintendo 3DS last holiday season was one of the strongest in our history. We’re poised to top it this year. Every week, gamers will have the best franchises in the world in a glasses-free 3D experience that can’t be found anywhere else. Add Wii U into the mix and it’s a great time to be a Nintendo fan.

Nintendo stated that the Nintendo 3DS has “sold 5 million units in the United States, according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States”.

Nintendo’s record:

* The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D became the third Nintendo 3DS title to sell more than 1 million units, joining Super Mario 3D Land (2.1 million units sold life to date) and Mario Kart 7 (1.75 million units sold life to date).
* For the month, two of the top five and nine of the top 25 best-selling software SKUs play on Nintendo platforms.
* For the second month in a row, Nintendo held a 75 percent market share for portable hardware in the United States.
* Nintendo sold more than 400,000 total hardware units in June and saw double-digit growth across each of its product lines compared to May. This includes more than 155,000 Nintendo 3DS systems, more than 150,000 units of the Nintendo DS family of systems and nearly 95,000 Wii consoles.

http://www.gamingexaminer.com/ninte...-in-us-great-time-to-be-a-nintendo-fan/17003/

Microsoft PR said:
June highlights from The NPD Group include:

· Xbox 360 sold 257,000 units in June, holding 47 percent share of current-generation console sales in the U.S. This marks the 16th consecutive month that Xbox 360 has held more than a 40 percent share of current-generation console sales in the U.S.

· Total retail spend on the Xbox 360 platform in June (hardware, software and accessories) reached $272 million, the most for any console in the U.S. Consumers spent more on Xbox 360 products than they spent on the other two current-generation consoles combined.

· Xbox 360 held four of the top 10 U.S. console game titles, including the top three titles. Xbox 360 titles in the top 10 included: “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier,” “Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes,” “Max Payne 3” and “NBA 2K12.”

Xbox continues offering more ways to play with the launch of Kinect PlayFit, a new fitness dashboard that aggregates and tracks the calories you burn from playing Kinect games, including “Dance Central 2,” “Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012” and “Kinect Star Wars.”

Xbox 360 will also be at Comic-Con International in San Diego this week with a series of exciting events including “Halo 4” and “Gears of War” panel presentations.

"Nintendo sold more than 400,000 total hardware units in June and saw double-digit growth across each of its product lines compared to May. This includes more than 155,000 Nintendo 3DS systems, more than 150,000 units of the Nintendo DS family of systems and nearly 95,000 Wii consoles."

Good job nintendo

Good Job microsoft

Sony I dont know your numbers so I cant good job you yet.

Good job people on buying pokemon conquest and showing srpg power

Blizzard

Banned
Pokemon Conquest seemed really hard to find/sold out in a lot of places. I wonder if it will sell well down the road as a result, and/or if sales were lower than they could have been because of low shipping/expectations.

Mileena

Banned
That's the shittiest, most generic software top 10 I've seen yet. There's literally nothing exciting about it at all.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Lego Batman released around the last days of the considered period, no?

wrowa

Pokemon Conquest seemed really hard to find/sold out in a lot of places. I wonder if it will sell well down the road as a result, and/or if sales were lower than they could have been because of low shipping/expectations.

Yeah, I had the impression that it had a really limited print run. I am pretty surprised that I made the top 10.

Kazerei

Banned
I'm happy to see Pokemon Conquest on the chart. I was kinda wondering how it would do. It's got Pokemon in it, but it's an SRPG so not really mainstream-friendly.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
And now, waiting for Sony's PR which...

...yeah, they'll talk about Gaikai aquisition and nothing else.

iavi

Yeah, those lollipop numbers are surprising, but then again; I don't feel as if I should be surprised. WB did a decent advertising job, and every Gamestop I went past had the thing plastered on the front window.

Top Bottom