• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD June 2012 Results [Up1: Microsoft/Nintendo Hardware, Lego Batman 2, Lollipop]

AniHawk

bounced back a bit after last month. 360 sales are no longer abysmally low for a leading platform. overall handheld sales are kind of an improvement overall, and i can see where the 3ds might get around to hitting 200k a month once the ds dies off. it'll be a platform constantly staving off death until pokemon comes around or there are more substantial price drops.

gonna have to guess that the sony handheld numbers are more vita than psp, suggesting a decent increase over last month for the vita as well.

as i type this it's dawning on me that june was probably a longer month than may.

Really glad to see NBA2K12 still up there, it is a fantastic game, by far the best sports game of the generation. Hopefully they don't let up with 2K13.

segarr

Man, does that mean I have to wait longer to get Lollipop since it didn't bomb hard? :(

j/k I want Grasshopper to have success, even if I must wait longer to buy their games!

bounced back a bit after last month. 360 sales are no longer abysmally low for a leading platform. overall handheld sales are kind of an improvement overall, and i can see where the 3ds might get around to hitting 200k a month once the ds dies off. it'll be a platform constantly staving off death until pokemon comes around or there are more substantial price drops.

gonna have to guess that the sony handheld numbers are more vita than psp, suggesting a decent increase over last month for the vita as well.

as i type this it's dawning on me that june was probably a longer month than may.

you mean the ds?

White black 2 should keep it around when it launches

but I see another ds lul until then

Kusagari

Pokemon Conquest sold well over 100k then if Lollipop Chainsaw missed the top 10 altogether.

I can't believe they actually shipped that many, considering the thing is fucking impossible to find.

Bruno MB

[PS3 - 360] Lollipop Chainsaw - 107,000
[Wii] No More Heroes - 65,000
[PS3 - 360] Shadows of the Damned - 24,000

Ridley327

107k for Lollipop Chainsaw? ouch but at the same time there was a risk it would sell even worse

What were you expecting a Grasshopper Manufacture game to do in the first place? Those are pretty amazing numbers for them.

Keep in mind that Shadows of the Damned did a pitiful 24k last year.

Cat Party

Hmm? Microsoft PR has given Xbox 360 hardware sales and console market share numbers pretty consistently from what I can tell.

Because MS has been on top for more than a year now. Maybe my comment was confusing because I didn't notice your edit. Sony won't reveal their numbers because they are not very good. No one's numbers are good, but at least MS can say they are number one for consoles.

Saty

Future Soldier showing legs? Wonder how much it sold because it did around 400k in its first month and now Lego Batman is #1 with 450,000 so there's a possibility Future Soldier sold as much as it did in May.

ZenaxPure

I'm glad to see Pokemon there in some form, would be cool to be spun off into its own series like the mystery dungeon and ranger games. Especially considering conquest is significantly better than those.

Also still makes me laugh that the other DS models are about on par with the 3DS each month. I have to wonder when Nintendo is just going to pull the plug on the DS line entirely and how much that would boost 3DS sales. I really wonder if it will be around for the holiday at all.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I can't wait until the holiday so we see some bigger numbers. This shit is depressing lol

Petrae

Pokemon Conquest sold well over 100k then if Lollipop Chainsaw missed the top 10 altogether.

I can't believe they actually shipped that many, considering the thing is fucking impossible to find.

Yes. Pokemon Conquest was actually the #2 individual SKU for June. Well over 100K sold.

I'm glad to see Pokemon there in some form, would be cool to be spun off into its own series like the mystery dungeon and ranger games. Especially considering conquest is significantly better than those.

Also still makes me laugh that the other DS models are about on par with the 3DS each month. I have to wonder when Nintendo is just going to pull the plug on the DS line entirely and how much that would boost 3DS sales. I really wonder if it will be around for the holiday at all.

This was the same situation with the gba and ds in the US for awhile.........and believe me, after this year, thats it. Its over.

The ds will have 1 biggish holiday game ( pokemon) other than that, you can say its final prayer

whats the point of NPD if companies can withhold their numbers?

The numbers are only part of the equation. The real information comes from the PR statements from each company. The more gloating/bloating the better the numbers. The more spin.....well.... you know.
images

Ridley327

Future Soldier showing legs? Wonder how much it sold because it did around 400k in its first month and now Lego Batman is #1 with 450,000 so there's a possibility Future Soldier sold as much as it did in May.

Much to the chagrin of Max Payne 3, it seems.

Crazy that even with the focus on the multiplayer, Rockstar can't get people to stay away from Ghost Recon. This was certainly the complete opposite of what I was expecting, that's for sure.

I know about the Pokemon factor and all that, but Conquest performing as well as it has really surprised me; I didn't see much mainstream crossover between the Pokémon fanbase and the SRPG fanbase.

Wonder where BW2 will place in October NPD.

Petrae

GRFS for 360 was the top dog for individual SKUs in June.

wrowa

What were you expecting a Grasshopper Manufacture game to do in the first place? Those are pretty amazing numbers for them.

Keep in mind that Shadows of the Damned did a pitiful 24k last year.

Yeah, I don't think Grasshopper would still be in business if their games wouldn't be made with a strict budget. So I think that everyone is probably pleased with LC's performance -- I can't imagine that either the publisher or Grasshopper themselves expected more.

(Of course, SotD still remains a super bomb)

Kazerei

Banned
Because MS has been on top for more than a year now. Maybe my comment was confusing because I didn't notice your edit. Sony won't reveal their numbers because they are not very good. No one's numbers are good, but at least MS can say they are number one for consoles.

Ahh, I understand now. Yeah, Sony won't tell us PS3 sales because they're terrible. But if Microsoft tells us 360 sales and market share, we can approximate PS3 sales. That's what I'm waiting for.

Top Bottom