• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD March 2012 Sales Results [Up3: ME3 Total, Binary Domain]

Banjoman

Before people go nuts saying no Kid Icarus in Top 10.

"Frazier also pointed out that Nintendo's new Kid Icarus actually did pretty well: "In a list of the top 10 SKUs for the month (as opposed to top titles as listed here), 3DS Kids Icarus: Uprising would have been among the top selling individual SKUs for the month of March."
Oh, I'm relieved.

First page is filled with plenty of stupid. Graces not charting doesn't make it a bomb. I seriously doubt Namco expected much better than 100k as the upper limit for this game, Symphonia was a huge hit for them and that only did around 120k.

“In a list of the top 10 SKU’s for the month (as opposed to top titles as listed here), 3DS Kids Icarus: Uprising would have been among the top selling individual SKU’s for the month of March.”

That's even better than the first statment about Kid Icarus. It must have performed better than Nintendo expected for a core Nintendo title.

Elginer

Operation Raccoon City

i8xv0zTRwH98Y.gif

Capcom had the last laugh LOL

Not been in one of these threads for a long time
But does
07. Mario Party 9 (Wii) Nintendo

Mean that would of been the biggest selling individual platform game?

I expect Sony PR guys will be working hard on that PR. I think they fired 10000 people today to distract from this news.....

Mrbob

ME3 more than 2 times ME2 debut month. Shit.

Released on one more platform and having more days to sell. Dragon Age 2 also sold more the first month too, but didn't sustain and fell behind the original Dragon Age in overall sales.

dacuk

First page is filled with plenty of stupid. Graces not charting doesn't make it a bomb. I seriously doubt Namco expected much better than 100k as the upper limit for this game, Symphonia was a huge hit for them and that only did around 120k.

And Symphonia had the marketing muscle of Nintendo behind it.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I honestly have not been following the game at all-I assume Raccoon City was not well received?

jvm

Gamasutra.
More "info":
Sony PR said:
“Nearly two months after hitting the North American market, the PS Vita ecosystem continues to grow with impressive hardware, software, and peripherals sales among big-box retailers, smaller retail shops and digital. We are seeing strong digital downloads across the board, including full digital-only purchases and extremely high conversion rates for digital demos to full game purchases with titles such as Unit 13, which showcases PS Vita's unique 3G and shooter capabilities. We look forward to furthering the PS Vita momentum with upcoming blockbuster titles like Mortal Kombat and Resistance: Burning Skies, and apps including Skype.”
-- Dan Race, Sr. Director of Corporate Communications at SCEA

Crazy that raccoon city did that well. It dropped like a rock on the XBL charts.

o82Vf.png

Nobody wanted to deal with such a buggy POS excuse of MP gaming.

And it's looking like capcom has almost milked that fighting game tit dry.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
ORC charting and moving those numbers means RE6 is going to sell like seventy trillion copies in October.

linko9

What? People are surprised about the sales of RE:ORC? That's an extremely high-profile franchise, and this is a game where you shoot stuff a lot on the internet. The combination of those two factors guaranteed that the game would be a hit. The percentage of gamers who base their purchases on reviews and whatnot isn't really that high.

Based on UK splits and the fact that the 360 version outsold the PS3 versions in mainland Europe Sony strongholds, I'm gonna make a wild guess that the 360 version of ME did 750K+

Resident Evil's advertising paid off well. They were running ads during The Walking Dead IIRC. That's definitely the right place to advertise that game.

Based on UK splits and the fact that the 360 version outsold the PS3 versions in mainland Europe Sony strongholds, I'm gonna make a wild guess that the 360 version of ME did 750K+
If Bioshock 2 is anything to go by (another series initially 360+PC only that got a PS3 port later on), that sounds about right.

Top Bottom