• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD November 2011 Sales Results [Update 7: Skyrim, CoD Wii, PC Retail Sales Up 57%]

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Notable Absences (game launches in November):

-Super Mario 3D Land
-Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
-Halo Anniversary
-Goldeneye Reloaded
-Sonic Generations
-Need for Speed: The Run
-Rayman Origins
-WWE 12
-Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
-Any Kinect/Move exclusive game

braves01

Banned
I told everyone this in the fall bomba thread, there is no precedence for HD port-ups selling millions of units, no matter how popular the previous game was. Everyone who cares about Halo has beaten the game dozens of times in the past decade, and the multiplayer is just map packs for Reach.

What was the sales target for this game anyway? It couldn't have been that high if it started out at $40 (or was it $50?).

Seda

Is this just in anticipation of the numbers being released or what? First time I can recall that an NPD thread started with no unit numbers at all...

Under the new NPD, normally the thread isn't made until after we have some numbers.

But we got the software chart and general analysis so Road went ahead.

Looks like the Xbox did really well.

CKTnm.png

7tO6G.png

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Notable Absences:

-Super Mario 3D Land
-Halo Anniversary
-Goldeneye Reloaded
-Sonic Generations
-Rayman Origins
-WWE 12

I wouldn't have expected any of these in a combined November chart, really.

I knew Saints Row would be up there, but I am still impressed to see it chart. It is a super solid game and one of the best co-op games you can play. Everyone who likes over the top fun in their games, should be all over Saints Row The Third.

sleepykyo

It just isn't the same without numbers. It could be top5, a million and above and bottom five, under 500k. Or virtually any descending distribution.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Notable Absences (game launches in November):

-Super Mario 3D Land
-Halo Anniversary
-Goldeneye Reloaded
-Sonic Generations
-Rayman Origins
-WWE 12

Those are the only notable missing, and even then it is pushing it.

GavinGT

Banned
Now I guess we just have to wait for Microsoft's PR statement before we can get an idea of the HW numbers.

And it's not hard to see why Halo and Zelda didn't crack the top ten. They're not multiplatform and they were clearly overshadowed by other releases.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
We also already know that Mario 3D Land did more than 500k. A very good start.
It's just that, with this format, exclusives are penalised.

alphaNoid

Banned
Good for UC3, but damn at that comment about the 360 spread. Can't wait to see those numbers and then this thread will turn into NA vs the world gap like usual.

LOCK

Top 10 should all be above 500k according to Reggie and SM3DL.

People need to relaize that Zelda does have great legs.

Wow at Arkham City and Skyrim sales. Hell, BF3 is still up there. All my predictions are shot/shit.

Top 10 should all be above 500k according to Reggie and SM3DL.

People need to relaize that Zelda does have great legs.

Not in UK and Japan. The game is going to sell worse than Twilight Princess, that much is obvious.

NateDrake

On the software side, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception sold 700,000 units in the month, NPD revealed to Game Informer, coming in at #7 behind leaders Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The first month sales for Modern Warfare 3 were up 7 percent over last year's Black Ops.

Top Bottom