• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD November 2012 Results [Up6: Black Ops 2, Halo 4, Most Wanted, Assassin's Creed 3]

confuziz

Banned
PSAllstars?

laugh1v6b1.gif

Wow. So every game on that list is available on 360 and 360 outsold every other console? Crazy. I wonder if MS is looking at this and wondering if it isn't too soon still to announce new hardware.

The decline will be even bigger next year. They would be insane not to have the new XBOX out in time for next holiday season.

ffdgh

As always go MS. Don't know what to expect from the other 2.

I wonder how much sony smash bros sold

Bruno MB

I can't handle so much data.

Well, congratulations to Microsoft, really impressive figures for a seven year old system.

How did 360 sell 1.7M in 2011 with no major exclusive? Was it just Gears 3?
HD gaming, baby.

sorta...

The Xbox was kinda the CoDbox until just recently. It wouldn't surprise me if people picked up an MS console just to play CoD for the last couple of years. The playing field is kinda evening out though.

The 360 having this level of success certainly doesn't seem like a convincing reason for MS to rush the 720.

Do you think we're going to be with these consoles beyond holidays 2013? I certainly hope not.

ohlawd

So uhh... that's cool I guess. AssCreed III Wii U, Just Dance 4 Wii U outsold their PC and PS3 counterparts respectively. Then you got Madden and Fifa Vita outselling the Wii U versions lol.

>_>

miksar

If it's not a sign to release new consoles next year, I don't know what else it could be. Xbox 360 sales will decline even further next Christmas, so it would be a good time for Microsoft to release a successor.

Rourkey

Anyone got a graph showing the correlation between the decline of the gaming industry and the reduction in info in the NPD numbers?

IMO Fanboys no longer buy games simply to boost their platforms NPD result and the industry has suffered

Top Bottom