• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2007

AniHawk

Vyer said:
Who was it - Anihawk? - that first theorized that the hardcore Sony fans have become just like the hardcore Nintendo fans? Because those PS3 forums pretty much make it scientific fact now.

Someone on there referred to someone else as 'my playstation brother'. Creepy.

Oh, this is just the beginning. The mass exodus hasn't really started yet.

laserbeam

Banned
AniHawk said:
Oh, this is just the beginning. The mass exodus hasn't really started yet.

cant wait for the full blown meltdowns really these small ones are entertaining but the massive ones will be legendary I can see them even outdoing Nintendo Fans in much shorter time to the meltdowns too.

They even got guys wondering if they can write off their PS3 as a Charity Donation on taxes due to folding@home.

GhaleonEB

laserbeam said:
cant wait for the full blown meltdowns really these small ones are entertaining but the massive ones will be legendary I can see them even outdoing Nintendo Fans in much shorter time to the meltdowns too.
Just imagine if next month's sales are lower. Say, 70k. The mind boggles.

Oblivion said:
The only other thing I see was the top 20, as far as I know.

1. Super Paper Mario (Wii) Nintendo
2. Wii Play w/ Remote (Wii) Nintendo
3. Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar (Xbox 360) Red Ocatane/Activision
4. Guitar Hero 2 w/ guitar (PS2) Red Octane/Activision
5. Spider-Man 3 (Xbox 360) Activision
6. Spider-Man 3 (PS2) Activision
7. God of War II (PS2) Sony
8. MLB '07: The Show (PS2) Sony
9. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) Nintendo
10. Major League Baseball 2K7 (Xbox 360) 2K Games
11. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (Xbox 360) Ubisoft
12. God of War (PS2) Sony
13. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 (Wii) Electronic Arts
14. Gears of War (Xbox 360) Epic
15. F.E.A.R. (PS3) Vivendi
16. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PS2) Rockstar
17. TMNT (PS2) Ubisoft
18. Major League Baseball 2K7 (PS2) 2K Games
19. Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Wii) Nintendo
20. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas (Xbox 360) Ubisoft

EdiT: Sorry, you wanted software numbers. I don't know about that, sadly.

Wow, nice legs for Zelda.

AniHawk

laserbeam said:

They even got guys wondering if they can write off their PS3 as a Charity Donation on taxes due to folding@home.

The PS3 will have to officially lose MGS4 (which has been hinted at many times and may happen), FFXIII first. Then the Wii or 360 will have to get tons of games that were originally PS3 exclusive.

The Gamecube had almost nothing exclusive to it by the end of the generation that wasn't a Nintendo game. The only big ones I can think of were two REs and two Rogue Squadrons. I predict a similar fate for the PS3 (Heavy Rain, WKS if it's not first party) if things don't pick up.

Bungalow Bob said:
Does anyone know for sure if Wii and DS set April NPD records?

Also, I remember a sales table showing console sales for the past 7 years or so - but I don´t remember what old thread it´s in. Could someone post it please? Thanks.
I'm pretty sure that table would agree with what I said, but

A) That wouldn't completely rule out some great month from a pre-PS2/GBA time.
B) Posting a mass table of numbers like that without sourcing them is an NPD no-no here for the last half year or so.
beermonkey@tehbias said:
The problem with looking at the first six months is that some of the systems were truly supply-constrained during that period, and they may have sold much higher otherwise.
A few days late at replying to this one, but hey. While it is true that some of those systems are supply constrained through 6 months... really, at some point we must say "them's the breaks". Six months is 10% of a normal console's pre-successor lifetime. If it's supply constrained for so long, that's the manufacturer's problem; demand is useless if the manufacturer can't provide the supply. Wii included, though Wii's design decisions have allowed it to be less constrained than some others.

santouras

AniHawk said:
if things don't pick up.
I honestly can't see them picking up. Coming into this gen I was a firm believer that Nintendo would win and Sony and MS would share 2nd place. I really can't see that happening now. I can only see PS3 being kept on life support with some multi-platform games that are being ported from 360 in much the same way GC got ps2 ports.

Its pretty clearly going to be games are made for Wii or 360, and PS3 will recieve the scraps and ports.

AniHawk

santouras said:
I honestly can't see them picking up. Coming into this gen I was a firm believer that Nintendo would win and Sony and MS would share 2nd place. I really can't see that happening now. I can only see PS3 being kept on life support with some multi-platform games that are being ported from 360 in much the same way GC got ps2 ports.

Its pretty clearly going to be games are made for Wii or 360, and PS3 will recieve the scraps and ports.

I just have to throw that in there on the offchance things do. I was about 5,000,000 light years off base on what would happen to the DS.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
>=D

This is my scheming face...

Remember when there was all those Nintendo-soothsayers trying to give cryptic clues about megaton's and such...someone should REALLY cook up a PS3-a-ton just for scientific purposes...

I vote AniHawk or PheonixDark.

AniHawk

DrGAKMAN said:
>=D

This is my scheming face...

Remember when there was all those Nintendo-soothsayers trying to give cryptic clues about megaton's and such...someone should REALLY cook up a PS3-a-ton just for scientific purposes...

I vote AniHawk or PheonixDark.

I'll mess around with GAFfers (and the occasional FAQer), but I don't go to other forums to start shit.

laserbeam

Banned
AniHawk said:
I'll mess around with GAFfers (and the occasional FAQer), but I don't go to other forums to start shit.

Plus they do a good job on their own. Typical shipment spike boosting sales on amazon led to them proclaiming the PS3 is retaking Europe by storm.

Link

The Autumn Wind
You guys are just asking for trouble by constantly linking to and mocking them. All you're doing is unnecessarily poking at a beehive.

Epiphyte

AniHawk said:
The PS3 will have to officially lose MGS4 (which has been hinted at many times and may happen), FFXIII first. Then the Wii or 360 will have to get tons of games that were originally PS3 exclusive.
So, the Sony equivalent of the Capcom 5 then?

santouras said:

As bad as it seems now, Sony at least does decently in Europe two months from launch. They are also doing better, relatively speaking, in Japan than the 360. They could very well tank like what is happening in both Japan and the US as we go along since it also did "decently" in both regions two months after launch with the subsequent belly up 6 months in.

The 360 only really has the USA, and I can't see it being second worldwide when it is bombing hard in Japan and almost bombing in Europe save for the UK.

Its a moot point from a sales perspective anyway. The Wii is stomping both of them in all three regions.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Oblivion said:
The only other thing I see was the top 20, as far as I know.

1. Super Paper Mario (Wii) Nintendo
2. Wii Play w/ Remote (Wii) Nintendo
3. Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar (Xbox 360) Red Ocatane/Activision
4. Guitar Hero 2 w/ guitar (PS2) Red Octane/Activision
5. Spider-Man 3 (Xbox 360) Activision
6. Spider-Man 3 (PS2) Activision
7. God of War II (PS2) Sony
8. MLB '07: The Show (PS2) Sony
9. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) Nintendo
10. Major League Baseball 2K7 (Xbox 360) 2K Games
11. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (Xbox 360) Ubisoft
12. God of War (PS2) Sony
13. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 (Wii) Electronic Arts
14. Gears of War (Xbox 360) Epic
15. F.E.A.R. (PS3) Vivendi
16. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PS2) Rockstar
17. TMNT (PS2) Ubisoft
18. Major League Baseball 2K7 (PS2) 2K Games
19. Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Wii) Nintendo
20. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas (Xbox 360) Ubisoft

EdiT: Sorry, you wanted software numbers. I don't know about that, sadly.

Thanks champ.

NPD threads ****ing suck these days if this is all we get.

Are there any news of retailers stocking Wiis for tomorrow? Itrackr's wii national availability index jumped from 11% all the way to 30% in the last few hours.

laserbeam

Banned
titiklabingapat said:
Are there any news of retailers stocking Wiis for tomorrow? Itrackr's wii national availability index jumped from 11% all the way to 30% in the last few hours.

Nintendo Seems to be doing weekly shipments almost consistently now So its very possible. do a zip code check of your area and you'll get info.

My Zipcode is only showing 2/25 tracked locations with Wii in stock though so I dunno

All for fun but the Numbers for Phoenix AZ are
2/25 have Wii in stock
22/25 have PS3 in stock
27/30 Have 360 in stock

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Link said:
You guys are just asking for trouble by constantly linking to and mocking them. All you're doing is unnecessarily poking at a beehive.
:lol And what's wrong with that? Remember the Team XBox fiasco? So much entertainment.

Jewbacca

Banned
titiklabingapat said:

Target May 27th 12-30 per store.

mj1108

Jive Turkey said:
I welcome this! Have you read any of the threads on there? COMEDY GOLDMINE!

I agree. Let them register and make sure they are restricted to Media Create and NPD threads only. Since Monorojo is gone, we need some entertainment.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Link said:
Because it'll just lead to their members registering here and starting shit.

They will have a month or so to cool off before they are authorized to post.

Originally Posted by LaOMaN
i realise that ps3 doesnt need price cut. you guys should have more faith in the brand you trust. there should be no price cut. trust the playstation brand and keep it at $600 for another 1 1/2.

remember trust sony
they even said it themself
every 2 years is when they price cut.

so we got about 1 1/2 years for a price cut,

just chill out people its just a bad month.

+ you guys got your ps3 already so what are you complaining about.

who cares about npd you have your ps3 already.

trust the playstation brand. there not going any where
Thank you I will print your post and read it every night before I go to sleep to relieve my soul from this burden. +rep for that.

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=73486&page=4
:lol :lol :lol

TJ Spyke

Haha, those Sony fanboys put the hardest of the hardcore Nintendo fanboys to shame when it comes to being delusional.

First, thinking that the PS3's piss-poor sales right now don't mean anything because it will last "7-10 years".

Them thinking that staying at $600 is a GOOD idea. If it stays at this price for another 1 1/2 years, they will give up any chance they have of winning this gen because they will simply be too far behind the Wii to even hope of catching up.

They actually locked a thread because it had this months NPD numbers in it (showing the PS3 losing to everything except the GameCube, even the GBA beat it by 2K systems).

laserbeam

Banned
Kafel said:
It can't be real.

I had a hard time believing some of those people could be real but theres just too many similar posts from many people with several thousand posts.

They have guys saying Microsoft wants to buy Yahoo for 50 billion so Microsoft can use Yahoo to spread bad PS3 news. They have people who think buying a PS3 is donating to charity cause it can do folding@home and should get a 600 dollar tax write off etc.

The list just goes on. even the joke characters at gaf would have a hard time keeping up with the stuff they say over there they actually mean

Vyer said:
Who was it - Anihawk? - that first theorized that the hardcore Sony fans have become just like the hardcore Nintendo fans? Because those PS3 forums pretty much make it scientific fact now.

Someone on there referred to someone else as 'my playstation brother'. Creepy.

I just don't understand... what are these people fans of, specifically? Nintendo fans were/are fans of Mario, Zelda, Metroid et al. Sony's biggest guns--- the Metal Gears, the Final Fantasies, the Grand Theft Autos, are all third party stuff that don't even have to appear on the system. If these were to go to some other console, there's nothing there for them to be fans of... unless they're just THAT devoted to Sony first party, which I have a hard time imagining.

laserbeam

Banned
Mariah Carey said:
I just don't understand... what are these people fans of, specifically? Nintendo fans were/are fans of Mario, Zelda, Metroid et al. Sony's biggest guns--- the Metal Gears, the Final Fantasies, the Grand Theft Autos, are all third party stuff that don't even have to appear on the system. If these were to go to some other console, there's nothing there for them to be fans of... unless they're just THAT devoted to Sony first party, which I have a hard time imagining.

Ive kinda wondered that myself. Every character that Sony has setup to be an Eventual Mascots ended up multi-platform. There really is no Franchise that Sony actually owns that they can say is only sony and is super popular.

on a random note. new Raving Rabbids 2 character picture. Think we can all see the resemblance
mariorabbidng0.jpg

TJ Spyke

They appear to be devoted to the PlayStation brand. So if Nintendo suddely went third party and supported the PS3, they would love Nintendo. At least Nintendo fanboys have a good reason, they are fans of Nintendo's great franchises. These people just care about the brand name.

As for Sony mascots, never forget Polygonman.

Mariah Carey said:

You need to get with the program. Sony first Parties are suddenly hip. Have you seen the Uncharted: Drake's fortunes avs around here? I won't contest the quality argument and all that but there is a definite pattern emerging. LBP avs too, if that counts as a first party/second party.

Parl

PS3forum never ceases to amaze me. That Yahoo topic is getting creepy.

I agree with AniHawk; this is just a taster.

mabuza

Banned
ps3forums really does suck, but the rabidness is nothing compared to teamxbox. that forum actually scares the shit out of me

mabuza said:
ps3forums really does suck, but the rabidness is nothing compared to teamxbox. that forum actually scares the shit out of me

Do they have weekly MC/monthly NPD thread there? I need to check them out.

Do you guys know of an equivalent Ntard/Wiitard only message board that's not official?

mabuza

Banned
titiklabingapat said:
Do they have weekly MC/monthly NPD thread there? I need to check them out.

Do you guys know of an equivalent Ntard/Wiitard only message board that's not official?
for your own sanity do not check teamxbox. i'm warning you

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
Pureauthor said:
...I have no words.
I chuckled at this one further down the page, probably worth the banning he got lol
Originally Posted by woy
^ ^ Nice crystal ball you've got there. Can you tell me next week's Lottery numbers?

Your wish is granted.

If you live in the US, the winning numbers are: 8, 2, 0, 0, 0

If you live in Canada, they're: 7, 2, 0, 0

And if you live in Japn, they're: 9, 0, 0, 0

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
How did Pokemon Diamond/Pearl do compared to the first weeks of Ruby/Saphirre?

Sorry if it has been posted earlier in the topic.

Top Bottom