• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2009

Cipherr

jvm said:
For the sake of having data in one place:

Halo 3 = 67,000 in April 2009 NPD

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6210049.html

Good thing you posted this late in the threads existence. Proof that it was > killzone would have flared up the arguments 10 or so pages back :lol

Gamespot.com A site of honesty and integrity said:
One game apparently hit hard by the decline was the PlayStation 3 exclusive touted as a "Halo killer" by Sony loyalists, Killzone 2. After years in the making and a reported $21 million budget, the game sold just 58,000 units last month

Stay classy Gamespot.

FrankT

Pretty sure CS said earlier on it was above KZ2 for the month and I was thinking your Gamasutra article was off on the 57k if so.

Johann

DMeisterJ said:
lol, No one said KZ2 was a Halo Killer. That was KZ1.

And 21 million? I thought it was 40?

Nobody knows the real budget but the $21 million looks to be the conversion of €16 million. This was the budget of the most expensive Dutch film. Killzone 2's budget is allegedly more expensive than that film. I think it's much more than that considering the development time and the laundry list of names in the 15 minute credits sequence.

yoopoo

Banned
jvm said:
For the sake of having data in one place:

Halo 3 = 67,000 in April 2009 NPD

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6210049.html
ps3lifestylehighres3a.jpg

Chumly

DMeisterJ said:
lol, No one said KZ2 was a Halo Killer. That was KZ1.

And 21 million? I thought it was 40?
3 years ago it was supposedly going to be 21 million. With delays and such..... yea its going to be more

legend166

Dunno if anyone's talked about this yet, but I think it's got some bearing on the hardware sales. Someone posted a thread over on the OT about Blu-Ray hardware sales. The average price of a standalone player is now $261, compared to $393 a year ago

So basically, I think we've reached the point where Blu-Ray compatibility is no longer a selling point for the PS3, due to the price difference. I think that's a major reason why it's down on last years sales and will continue to be for quite awhile.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
legend166 said:
Dunno if anyone's talked about this yet, but I think it's got some bearing on the hardware sales. Someone posted a thread over on the OT about Blu-Ray hardware sales. The average price of a standalone player is now $261, compared to $393 a year ago

So basically, I think we've reached the point where Blu-Ray compatibility is no longer a selling point for the PS3, due to the price difference. I think that's a major reason why it's down on last years sales and will continue to be for quite awhile.
I agree.

I bought my PS3 for Blu-Ray two years ago. This year when I needed a second player I got a standalone (Sony brand) one.

PS3 is a lot quieter than 360 but still too noisy once the fans kick in.

Top Bottom