• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2010

androvsky

Nobody had any money left over from last month apparently? :lol PSP sales are pretty sad, but about 1/3 of PS3 sales is about where it's at lately.

I'm still wondering how Sakura Wars sold... :(

ZoddGutts said:
Yikes at Monster Hunter Tri. Wonder if it made over 100k at least...

Monster Hunter awareness in Western is bad, is not like the other games were succesful,damnit and Konami fucked up once again the marketing! is that hard to put some money to advertise a game!! fuck, now it's gonna look like Wii's fault!! GAF if so predictable!

DogWelder

schuelma said:
Dear NPD/dreilly:

I hope you know that the less numbers you give, the more credibility you bestow on certain websites that also post their own numbers.
And they should care, why? No-one is going to be paying ioi for his numbers anytime soon.

Razor210

Sadist said:
I wouldn't bett on it :lol
You have to wonder what Sony's handheld strategy is going to be now, with Nintendo looking at Apple and them just plain being left in the dust. PSP2 has to be a massive improvement.

lawblob said:
qn4spw.jpg
This gets me every time :lol

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Seriously, I say lift the ban on cg varts and make them as legitimate as possible.

Actaully good numbers for 360 and PS3. They went up from last year.

360 up ~10K units
PS3 up ~53K units

Everything else is down:

Wii down ~ 63K
DS down ~ 602K
PSP down ~ 65K

Hiltz said:
The lack of Monster Hunter Tri on the top charts is FAILURE despite being released on the 20th.

It will be unforgivable if it doesn't appear next month.

Wii owners, what the hell is wrong with you ?

Capcom's marketing of the game was simply massive.

May is more competitive than April. Don't expect MH3 in the top 10.

jett

D-Member
I miss the good ol' times were the whole spreadsheet was leaked.

Seriously, fuck NPD. Bunch of bitches.

webcivilian said:
Actaully good numbers for 360 and PS3. They went up from last year.

360 up ~10K units
PS3 up ~53K units

Everything else is down:

Wii down ~ 63K
DS down ~ 602K
PSP down ~ 65K

Up from shit numbers if that's what you mean.

Mad_Ban said:
Why are random websites getting different numbers to fill out the top 10?

Kinda funny how NPD isn't giving them out yet we already pretty much know now what they sold anyways. Might as well just keep giving them.

Mandoric

Banned
Relaxed Muscle said:
Monster Hunter awareness in Western is bad, is not like the other games were succesful,damnit and Konami fucked up once again the marketing! is that hard to put some money to advertise a game!! fuck, now it's gonna look like Wii's fault!! GAF if so predictable!

You're so right. I have it on very good authority that Konami didn't buy a single ad for MH3 in the US, what a way to guarantee the market ignores it.

Oxx

Hiltz said:
The lack of Monster Hunter Tri on the top charts is FAILURE despite being released on the 20th.

Wii owners, what the hell is wrong with you ?

Capcom's marketing of the game was simply massive.

Obviously it could have placed a lot higher given the advertising blitz, but in terms of appeal to 'Wii owners' it's about as far away from the accessible, mainstream mega-sellers that define the platform as it is possible to be.

FrankT

DeaconKnowledge said:
Is this the worst 360 showing in the top 10 since its launch year? 2 titles in the top 10.

Hmm, nope. Same as it was last month. 2 I'm almost sure in the early years there were months with maybe 1 title as well.

Giolon

Do people not realize that SSF4 came out with only 4 days in the month left?

Cracking the Top 10 on one of its platforms in 4 days doesn't seem too bad to me.

Hiltz said:
I still think Capcom screwed over Street Fighter fans by releasing a second version of SF4.
The number of new characters, stages, balance tweaks, and multiplayer feature improvements is far more than fair for the $40 price tag.

Cant0na

Banned
Hiltz said:

:lol no chance.

next month will be Red dead, Alan Wake and Galaxy followed by pokemons

Mandoric said:
You're so right. I have it on very good authority that Konami didn't buy a single ad for MH3 in the US, what a way to guarantee the market ignores it.

Seriously there's nothing in the world my mother love much than slicing gigantic dinosaurs with my frigid aunts, damn konami for not letting know my mother that this awesome piece of family software was released!!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Oxx said:
but in terms of appeal to 'Wii owners' it's about as far away from the accessible, mainstream mega-sellers that define the platform as it is possible to be.

I love MH Tri, but it doesn't have appeal to most gamers in N.A I'm afraid.

Elios83

I've already made my comment in the other thread.
Btw it was a slow month, PSP is dead (price cut and PSP 2 announcement at E3 IMO, ironically it's the best selling platform in Japan, never happened before I believe).
Splinter Cell did not well enough to justify the exclusive for Ubisoft. SSF4 did ok, Monster Hunter Tri not so much ^^ FFXIII dropped like a rock, GOW3 not spectacular but solid second month.

Top Bottom