• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2015 [Up1: Xbox One #1]

Elandyll

Banned
Surprised by no Bloodborne in the bottom 5, but :shrug: (story might be different with individual SKUs - here we have combined SKUs all systems)

Amazon ranking was a good hint that things might be mighty close this month, but indeed first time wrong in 18 months.

n0razi

There have been a ton of crazy xb1 sales recently.. Usually see ps4/1game bundles for $350 but I have seen xb1/3game/live bundles for even less which is crazy considering it was $500 for just the console

MrMatt555

Hardware:

Xbox One: Best selling console. (Up 63% year over year)

84964-Clay-Davis-SHIT-gif-The-Wire-RwqT.gif

RoKKeR

I'm sure this was a nice confidence boost for MS going into E3. Talks of a Ps4 price cut are premature IMO, the thing is still raking in cash for Sony.

IKizzLE

People bought bloodborne early cuz of reviews....returned it after dying 30x before cleric beast. Told all their casual friends it's hard as fuck = no more charting.

RdN

Wow, Xbox One is 1st? That's really surprising to me. I remember seeing something saying that the PS4 had this month in the bag.

Anyway, that's great news for MS. Let's keep the competition going, we're the ones who are getting the benefits of that!

Surprising that Xbox won April given that I've been seeing lots of deals for the console the past few weeks in May including the Bestbuy $50 off one.

Thought Bloodborne might sneak in, but not too surprised it missed. Dark souls 2 however did better than I expected. Great news for From Software.

TheXbox

I wonder why. Just a lack of momentum for Sony? Can't think of any games or announcements of note in April, barring Halo 5 news. (and I sincerely doubt halo arg would cause this)

I'm generally a Sony guy, but if MS wins a month then Sony wins a month, its all good. Competition (hopefully) keeping both of them at the top of their game.

Though honestly, these aren't exactly outstanding numbers for any of them.

Chris1

Pretty big win for xbox, don't think anyone saw them winning NPD before October. Huge surprise.

Dark Souls 2 selling more on PS4 than XB1 is a bit surprising, especially so soon after Bloodborne.

Chobel

One game worth talking about that didn’t make the above list is Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. Nintendo revealed that it was the fifth best-selling game if you do not combine sales for platforms. Xenoblade only came out for the 3DS, so it’s at a disadvantage when compared to releases that are available across a huge range of different devices.

Amazing for Xenoblade

antone

Banned
Nothing more than a confidence boost for MS. Talks of a Ps4 price cut are premature IMO, the thing is still raking in cash for Sony.

Yeah, Sony is Japanese company. So they don't really be doing price drops on items like American companies do.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
Consumers finally realising that Sony has no exclusive games at all this gen. Not one.

Joke of course

Roll on e3 it's gonna be a great year for all

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Bloodborne insanely frontloaded?

Is it that surprising?

It's a niche game with a dedicated audience.

It's really not a mass market title or a system seller to anything but its small devoted audience.

I'm not sure why people thought otherwise, though it does seem a common sentiment. Maybe the number of GAF posts are confusing people as to its relevance.

Top Bottom