• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2016 [Sony, MS, & Nintendo refuse to comment on hardware]

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
MLB was in the top 3 as an exclusive and you don't have it your top 5 breakout?

It's also on PS3, though.

Otherwise, the only place MLB PS4 would fit is second, with Ratcher and Clank and Quantum Break higher than Star Fox, which we know is 5th and...wait, how much did Dark Souls 3 on One sell, actually?

rpg_fan

Why do people freak out about chart position every month? Aren't numbers more important? #10 could be very low. I never get this.

At this point, it's the only thing we have to use to compare. Enjoy it for the moment, excitement can pale later in the harsh light of day.

Why do people freak out about chart position every month? Aren't numbers more important? #10 could be very low. I never get this.

It's top 10 for the whole month, sort of matters for the month. Not like we have numbers to actually talk about, I mean what do you expect? NPD is pretty lame, it's a tracking system that basically shows a lot of nothing. I guess in that way your point would make sense, oh no number 7? out of well, I don't even know what any of them sold....

I guess as long as they (sony, pubs , devs know) they could care less if we know.

hawk2025

Why people saying QB bombed. It came in at 7 on a smaller install base as a new IP.

Seems fine to me.

A tentpole, expensive, released by itself as the major Microsoft release of the first half of the year, 5 years in the making TPS on the Xbox One game?

You serious?

Zukkoyaki

Hardware could be down due to rumors about upgraded SKUs coming. This is obviously me just speculating but you'd be surprised how quickly word of stuff like that gets around.

PS2 era franchise might return. Not sure if Sony will bother with PS3 ones. Too early for nostalgia.

Your moniker fits you. Don't bring your doubt over here. Resistance will come back. I'm certain of it. My heart can't be wrong

PS2 era is fine as long as I get a champions of norrath

On Demand

Banned
19% drop in hardware sales is pretty steep. All the rumors of new hardware probably having its impact

I think so too. With social media as big as it is now with Facebook and Twitter, i bet more casual console owners know about those rumors just as we do.

NotLiquid

It's rather crazy to see how well Ratchet has done. It felt like the exposure it was receiving was incredibly minimal. Well done nonetheless, probably my favorite game on PS4.

Your moniker fits you. Don't bring your doubt over here. Resistance will come back. I'm certain of it. My heart can't be wrong

PS2 era is fine as long as I get a champions of norrath
Sorry bud. Too many FPS this generation and Resistance is just adding more to the fire. We aren't even getting a new Killzone in a long time.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Go Ratchet!

I'm STUNNED StarFox made it. Stunned.

Those hardware/software numbers do not look good.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
A tentpole, expensive, released by itself as the major Microsoft release of the first half of the year, 5 years in the making TPS on the Xbox One?

You serious?

But it's a new IP. On Xbox One.

Clearly some of you had some ridiculous expectations. Number 7 seems fine to me. Also remembering the bundle.

If it turns out MS did win hardware, a lot of those may have been QB bundles.

wig

giphy.gif

Congrats! Well deserved. :)

hawk2025

We expected more.
If this is what MS expected it's fine, though.

I can't see a universe where they would be ok with a -- being generous with digital and what its physical position could entail -- a 200k total sales for the first month in the US with this game.

But it's a new IP. On Xbox One.

Clearly some of you had some ridiculous expectations. Number 7 seems fine to me. Also remembering the bundle.

If it turns out MS did win hardware, a lot of those may have been QB bundles.

A new IP. On Xbox One. That bombed.

Why people saying QB bombed. It came in at 7 on a smaller install base as a new IP.

Seems fine to me.

Quantum Break was a big budget, highly promoted game that was positioned as THE game to get for Xbox One in the first half of the year, until Gears of War 4 comes out.

It got bopped by a Ratchet and Clank remake that had pretty much no marketing until the day it came out and became a word of mouth hero.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
"[By individual SKUs], Star Fox Zero for the Wii U was No. 5, while the Japanese role-playing game Bravely Second was No. 9

Good to see Bravely Second would have been there, too.

Top Bottom