• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for August 2014 [Up4: PS4 #1, XB1 last week sales 2x last Jul week]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
6. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (360, PS3, Wii U, PS4, 3DS, DS, Xbox One, Vita, PC)
10. The Lego Movie Videogame (360, 3DS, PS3, Wii U, PS4, Xbox One, Vita)

So Lego continues to sell fine on the Wii U, yet that's the version getting the gimped Lego Batman version with no DLC? I really just don't get it.

The DLC attach rate with that audience might be really bad.

So Lego continues to sell fine on the Wii U, yet that's the version getting the gimped Lego Batman version with no DLC? I really just don't get it.

You'd probably need to see the DLC eShop numbers. It's quite possible the DLC attach rate is lower on the Wii U.

EDIT: Beaten

So Lego continues to sell fine on the Wii U, yet that's the version getting the gimped Lego Batman version with no DLC? I really just don't get it. Also lol at the DS > XB1 > Vita there...

That's a great example of why Warner Bros. continues to support the Wii U with LEGO titles.

hawk2025

As usual the numbers probably don't include the bundled software, although as far as representing actual demand goes, I imagine it's moot regardless since the bundle has in practice added the game in for free.

NateDrake

Sony NPD statement:

Below are the PlayStation highlights from the August NPD report:

· PlayStation 4 was #1 in hardware sales for the eighth consecutive month and remains the cumulative leader for next generation game consoles.

· PlayStation led the month for next generation software with Madden NFL 15 for PS4 taking the #1 spot for overall software sales.

· Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition and Madden NFL 15 had their strongest sales on PS4 and were the biggest third party releases of the month.

· The Last of Us Remastered continues to have strong momentum on PS4; it was the top selling first-party title in August.

· For the third consecutive month, PlayStation was #1 in combined home console hardware sales (PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3).

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

But isn't this the first Lego DLC ever? There's barely ever been DLC on the Wii U past launch if I'm not mistaken. For the games that sold horribly, I get it, but if there's actually an install base, it seems really weird to me, especially in the case of Lego where I believe this is the first time.

So Lego continues to sell fine on the Wii U, yet that's the version getting the gimped Lego Batman version with no DLC? I really just don't get it. Also lol at the DS > XB1 > Vita there...

I thought it was just the season pass Wii U wasn't getting, not necessarily the dlc itself

Madden bundle doubled Xbox One console sales?

“Xbox One sales are on a positive trajectory, nearly doubling sales in August in the U.S. compared to July due in part to strong demand for the Xbox One Madden NFL 15’bundle. The holiday season is upon us we’re looking forward to bringing the best value bundles, incredible offers like the ‘Buy a Console Get a Game Free’ promotion running now and more great games as we gear up for the launches of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Destiny, Grand Theft Auto V and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.”

http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/11/august-2014-npd-madden-sells-better-on-ps4-than-xbox-one/

SmokeMaxX

How bad does it have to be to not include DLC? I just don't get it. Not having a physical release makes sense if the game doesn't sell, but it can't cost THAT much to include DLC on another platform (especially one that sells more copies of software than its "next-gen" rivals). If it was about bad attach rate, they should just have a lot of platform specific DLC sales to get the WiiU audience used to the idea of DLC.

Well at least software sales for CoD, the most important franchise, were higher on X1 than PS4 last month. That's something to hold onto.

Chobel

“The combined PS4 and Xbox One hardware sales are greater by over 70 percent compared to their predecessors.”

Can someone use the math and give us PS4+XBO sales for August?

PR statement from MS:

“Xbox One sales are on a positive trajectory, nearly doubling sales in August in the U.S. compared to July due in part to strong demand for the Xbox One Madden NFL 15’bundle. The holiday season is upon us we’re looking forward to bringing the best value bundles, incredible offers like the ‘Buy a Console Get a Game Free’ promotion running now and more great games as we gear up for the launches of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Destiny, Grand Theft Auto V and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.”

So it sounds like another Kinect-free situation, where it drove up sales dramatically but it still lost to the PS4.

Edit: Beaten by two goddamn minutes, LOL. XD

Top Bottom