• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for August 2015 [PS4 #1 HW/SW, 7M Amiibos LTD, 600K LTD Splatoon]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Overall:

Overall retail sales are down 2% year over year.

Hardware sales were up 2% year over year.

Retail software sales were down 10% year over year.

Software:

1.) Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
2.) Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
3.) Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Xbox One)
4.) Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
5.) Lego: Jurassic World (360, 3DS, Wii U, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Vita)
6.) Rare Replay (Xbox One)
7.) Until Dawn (PS4)
8.) Call of Duty: Black Ops Combo Pack (360, PS3)
9.) Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, Xbox One)
10.) Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)

Notes:
-The PS4 was #1 in software sales for the month.
-Splatoon has crossed 600K digital + physical sales.
-There have been 7 million Amiibos sold.

Hardware:

PS4: Top selling platform
XB1: Up 26% over August 2014 (estimated 202K)

Other Information:

VB said:
According to today’s release from The NPD Group market research firm, Nintendo reported that it’s sold 7 million of its Amiibo toys-to-life figures. The Japanese publisher also reported a 30 percent increase in sales for its 3DS handheld line for the eight months of the year and that it’s sold 600,000 copies of the surprise hit shooter Splatoon in the U.S. alone.
Source: http://venturebeat.com/2015/09/10/nintendo-has-sold-7-million-amiibos-in-the-u-s-since-november/

ZhugeEX

Banned
Good results

Xbox One sales are 202,000 for the month (estimated)

PlayStation 4 sold higher and remains the cumulative sales leader.

Good to see Until Dawn doing well with just 4 days of tracking and more so Gears of War Ultimate Edition.

Splatoon now has over 600,000 LTD sales and Amiibo sell through is over 7 million.

"Next month will be interesting".

Hawkens

Way to go Until Dawn! When was the last time a Sony game made it onto the NPD charts with out a single tv commercial in the US?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wonder if Until Dawn charts in September. That game had absolutely no buzz until it was actually released (and got covered by folks like pewdiepie) so I could see it having some mini legs.

Kill3r7

Solid month. Until Dawn with a nice showing. Although, COD BLOPS Double Pack makes me think that sales were not as strong as might be initially perceived.

watership

Glad Rare Replay is there. It's such a fantastic collection and a great deal for the price, yet many of my friend didn't even know of it's existence.

ScaredHitless

Neo Member
Happy to see Until Dawn do well, despite the lack of marketing. Great game, well deserved.

EDIT : Just noticed that Call of Duty Black Ops Combo Pack. So odd to see that up there. When's the last time 2 Call of Duty games charted in the same month?

Loudninja

US PSN Top Sellers
PS4 Games:
1 Madden NFL 16
2 Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist
3 Rocket League
4 Until Dawn
5 Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture
6 Goat Simulator
7 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
8 Need for Speed Rivals
9 Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment
10 Gauntlet: Slayer Edition
11 Grand Theft Auto V
12 Journey
13 Batman: Arkham Knight
14 Mega Man Legacy Collection
15 How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition
16 The Walking Dead: Season Two
17 Kung Fury: Street Rage
18 Grim Fandango Remastered
19 OUTLAST
20 Hotline Miami
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/10/playstation-store-august-2015s-top-downloads/

FelipeMGM

Wow, Gears did amazing for the short time, and that doesnt count the bundled copies right?

Glad Until Dawn charted as well, I think the game sold a great amount of copies in september, because of Yutube/Twitch success

Flarin

I'm not sure if I think it's sad or impressive that Minecraft is still that high on the list. What does that say about new releases?

Sony still winning even without a price drop, impressive, but it won't last forever. I wonder when they will drop the price...Nov?

chadskin

Recently started Until Dawn and loving it so far. Happy to see such a "niche" game charting, I definitely want more of these kinds of games (Until Dawn, Life is Strange, ...)

Top Bottom