• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for August 2015 [PS4 #1 HW/SW, 7M Amiibos LTD, 600K LTD Splatoon]

Miracle

2 Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist

giphy.gif

Hell yeah!

Conduit

Banned
Biggest surprise for me is Until Dawn. Game with no marketing in US, only 4 days of tracking and niche genre and game managed to enter in TOP 10! Success! Well done!

HardRojo

I doubt that it will considering you have mgs destiny Fifa nba 2k forza and madden again

Yeah, it's going to be a tough month. I mean, I'm not even a fan of the game since I haven't played it but its apparent success caught me off-guard and it seems like it's getting very popular, so it'd be nice if it became a series for those who enjoy the game.

Boke1879

Xbox best chance is October to win a month.

I assume PS4 wins next month as well. MGSV and Destiny Bundle should help it do strongly.

After October though everything is interesting.

Sony can do some amazing things in November. They can do some amazing bundles with AC, COD the Battlefront bundle will do amazing for them when it releases without any price drop.

MS can do some good things as well. Should get interesting in November.

Good results

Xbox One sales are 202,000 for the month (estimated)

PlayStation 4 sold higher and remains the cumulative sales leader.

Good to see Until Dawn doing well with just 4 days of tracking.

Splatoon now has over 600,000 LTD sales and Amiibo sell through is over 7 million.

"Next month will be interesting".

Wait, I thought Until Dawn released on the 25th August in the U.S.? Wouldn't that mean it had 6 days of tracking rather than 4?

EDIT: 7 days even - 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31

Hoje0308

Banned
Hopefully Until Dawn's great word of mouth carries it through Halloween. I need that to become a series.

I would have bought it day one if it hadn't released at a time when I was getting ready for another flood of time stealing open-world games. As things stand, I'll likely wait until Black Friday even though I'm very interested and have heard nothing but good things.

Trogdor1123

Xbox best chance is October to win a month.

I assume PS4 wins next month as well. MGSV and Destiny Bundle should help it do strongly.

After October though everything is interesting.

Sony can do some amazing things in November. They can do some amazing bundles with AC, COD the Battlefront bundle will do amazing for them when it releases without any price drop.

MS can do some good things as well. Should get interesting in November.

If MS goes balls to the walls again with a ANOTHER price cut and bundles games as well they will certainly do very well. I don't see them running out to do that this year though considering they don't gain any momentum and lose it during the rest of the year.

Sterok

Dedicated handheld gaming continues to disappear into the ether

I think the problem is a lack of software. Since the New 3DS launch in February with Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter, there hasn't been a single significant game for the system that could drive sales. The closest was Xenoblade 3D in April, but that was a port of an already niche game. Things aren't looking good, but I wouldn't panic unless Happy Home Designer and Triforce Heroes fail to do anything at all.

Verendus

Banned
Yeah, yeah.

We'll see how well PS4 does during November/December. There's no need to pop the champagne, because Microsoft is going to be drinking it.

Balee Dat.

Elios83

Nice to see a great but niche game like Until Dawn charting even with just 4 days of tracking and excluding digital copies which for this kind of game might represent a good share of the total units sold.
Hardware sales are really not surprising, PS4 continued to lead but the sum of individually small factors like limited promotions, Gears remaster release, Madden bundle, helped the XB1 to keep the gap close for the month.
Next month with MGSV and Destiny bundles PS4 will enjoy a substantial lead over X1 (100k+).

I think the problem is a lack of software. Since the New 3DS launch in February with Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter, there hasn't been a single significant game for the system that could drive sales. The closest was Xenoblade 3D in April, but that was a port of an already niche game. Things aren't looking good, but I wouldn't panic unless Happy Home Designer and Triforce Heroes fail to do anything at all.

define "anything", because 3DS is clearly going to continue to be down YoY from here on out

Top Bottom