• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for August 2015 [PS4 #1 HW/SW, 7M Amiibos LTD, 600K LTD Splatoon]

You were saying?

giphy.gif

It was obvious that a price cut was coming from all the hints in Sony's earning reports. One slide even mentioned that they plan price reduction for this FY.

It was obvious that a price cut was coming from all the hints in Sony's earning reports. One slide even mentioned that they plan price reduction for this FY.

Yep. That was the thread many of us thought the price cut could go as much as $100 due to lower manufacturing costs, more sales, but lower profit forecast.

But GopherD jumped in and said while it's obvious there will be a price cut, temper expectations, leading us to lower price cut predictions to $50. He was right and (self?) banned, after a few posters went at him like he was a fraud and laughing at the rest of us for believing him.

Rymuth

Yep. That was the thread many of us thought the price cut could go as much as $100 due to lower manufacturing costs, more sales, but lower profit forecast.

But GopherD jumped in and said while it's obvious there will be a price cut, temper expectations, leading us to lower price cut predictions to $50. He was right and (self?) banned, after a few posters went at him like he was a fraud and laughing at the rest of us for believing him.
I remember the conversation. I didn't know he was banned, though. :(

On Demand

Banned

Yeah a $50 cut was real obvious to anyone paying attention.

He really banned himself? FFS. I don't know why you would let people on the internet get to you. Clearly they had no idea WTF they were talking about.

Welfare

So, which will sell more units?

Demand from the PS4's first price cut or the X1's biggest IP?

It's a $50 price cut at the beginning of the month, but there are also all those bundles popping up November that would appeal to more players than Uncharted.

Xbox has Halo 5 and one week earlier there will be a bundle. Should bring in people, and there is the launch of the Lego Movie bundle (which was Tuesday), the 1TB Holiday bundle, and that Kinect thing which launches the same day as Halo 5.

I'm still leaning towards an Xbox win, but it'll be closer than I first thought it would be.

Top Bottom