• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for August 2017 [Up: Video From NPD]

We will never get GTA VI

sZ7GaNH.gif
We will.

GTA 6
.0 Online

Splatoon 2 seems to be doing really well.

I'm wondering if Zelda will ever outsell Ghost Wildlands? Doesn't matter anyways. The heavy hitters are all coming out within the next few months.

I hope Mario and Rabbids does really well next month. Such a fun game

Mr. Tibbs

Fuck, that really sucks for Volition. For the future, I hope Deep Silver keeps supporting the studio but seriously reconsiders how they market their next games. :(

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
All of Ubi's games solidify the games as a service thing...is that bad?

*sees future of lootboxes*

I feel like Ubi has a pretty diverse line up historically - smaller games like Valiant Hearts, shooters like Siege and solo stuff like AC Origins

Few things

1) Congrats to Nintendo. I'll soon join the millions of people who own a Switch. When I'll get a Switch is anyone's guess.

2) GTA still chugging along, holy hell.

3) Agents of Mayhem is dead. Dead before it could truly shine.

Glad to see Horizon is still charting.
Also it's interesting to see that Infinite Warfare disappeared yet BO3 is still there.

Hah.

Remove CoD4 from being tethered to Infinite Warfare, CoD4 charts and Infinite disappears. Fucking dumb jetpack CoDs, glad the people have spoken.

Happy to see Nintendo do well, there was a lot of doom and gloom talk. Can't wait for mario next month.

FH3 still in top 20? Nice...also, GTA V...damn that shit is still selling that good?

GTA V x switch would destroy everything D:
GTA V is a monster that'll never stop

Modern warfare remastered charted means we'll get remakes every summer most likely
Makes sense tbh , people kinda get tired after 6 months of the latest call of duty

ron_bato

Congratulations to the Dogs, especially for their 2 up and coming directors who were in charge of the game. Excellent game, and I hope this opens up more opportunities for Chloe and Nadine.

I'm really keen to see what both Escayg and Margenau can do with more time and a bigger budget.

Modern warfare remastered charted means we'll get remakes every summer most likely
Makes sense tbh , people kinda get tired after 6 months of the latest call of duty
Remastered has been out since November though, its just separately now.

I can see them trying it again though.
Premium bundle with the newest COD in November, separately released in Summer.

Crazyorloco

Just curious, what do the asterisks mean?

Interesting month. GTA V is incredible and Nintendo is definitely back...with the holidays coming I see them owning this year.

DMVfan123

Banned
Congrats to Nintendo, EA Tiburon, and Naughty Dog!
Madden has been a consistently good product for a while, deserved #1

GTA 5 Online added a lot in the last year:
- a sort of PUBG x Twisted Metal clone Battle Royale mode
- new smuggling business (and hangars)
- new gunrunning business (and bunkers)
- new CEO import/export business (and warehouses)
- biker businesses (and biker gangs, biker club houses, and illegal business properties)

Pretty regular vehicle updates, especially stuff based on new IRL cars (e.g. the new Bugatti Chiron and the Jaguar CX75 concept car). And, if you're stretch the 'last year' to include last summer, various updates to stunt modes/maps and also small updates to heist/felony content.
Surely everyone in North America owns GTA V at this point?
How can there still be people that don't own the game?!
A wise gaffer recently said: "Nothing to be [surprised] by. There are new 18 year olds every day."

Every month there's a new teenager being allowed by his parents to play M rated games for the first time lol.

The order of top 3 Nintendo Software is different between Switch only, and overall software.

Switch Top 3:
Splatoon 2,
Mario Kart 8
Zelda BOTW

Overall Top 3(Nintendo):
Splatoon 2,
Zelda BOTW
Mario Kart

Is that really down to the Wii U version? I'm kinda surprised there's still enough sales on that platform, this long after release.

Thanks for making the NPD thread but could you please reformat the OP (and get a mod to change the title) so that it's in line with Nirolak's NPD threads? The inconsistency is annoying.

Anyway, interesting month. Lost Legacy did really well to hit no. 3 given its price and the fact season pass owners got it for free. Hopefully we get some leaks at some point, we've been pretty spoilt the last couple of months.

Socivol

How much money has FFXV made? Every month it's still on the Top 10 list and it just boggles my mind that it's made more than Horizon Zero Dawn.

Tarrin

Hardware is down YoY.

PS4/X1 sold less then last August then? Or one of the two? Dunno if there's any way to tell.

Top Bottom