• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2007

DeaconKnowledge said:
Not really, Wii devkits are drastically cheap at 2K a pop.

The bottleneck i've heard is that Nintendo can't get them out to the smaller devs fast enough.
Really? Shit, $2000! I could swing that, get a coupe of buddies together and make that game I've always wanted:

3D Blue Whale Hunt Pro

Penguin

Well IGN I guess got permission to clarify their stance on the DEC NPD here is there article.

If you're still under the impression that consumers are only buying Nintendo's new console for Wii Sports, perhaps the latest software to hardware tie ratio numbers from the NPD Group will change your mind. According to the software data tracking service, consumers purchased 8.11 games for every Wii console sold in December. This relates to 7.76 games for every Xbox 360 sold during the month and 5.04 games for every PlayStation 3 purchased in the same time frame.

While Nintendo's console certainly flourished in December, perhaps signaling the beginning of solid tie ratios to come, it should be noted that Wii's life-to-date software to hardware tie ratio is at 4.64, compared to 4.26 on PlayStation 3 (despite a much smaller installed base) and 7.0 on Xbox 360, according to NPD data.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/847/847472p1.html

test_account

XP-39C²
Psychotext said:
Poor software sales on the PSP = Fewer quality 3rd party titles.

Sorry for the late reply, i forgot to check the thread earlier. Ah ok, like that, thanks :) It might be "game over" when it comes to software sales, but when i said PSP i ment that the hardware sale could still be somewhat strong. Maybe down the road Sony will make money on the PS3 hardware itself, then its not entierly game over in my opinion even if PS3 software should get the same faith as PSP software.

D.Lo

Penguin said:
Well IGN I guess got permission to clarify their stance on the DEC NPD here is there article.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/847/847472p1.html
So total software sales for December:

Wii - 10,948,500
Wii without Wii Play - 9,868,500
360 - 9,777,600
PS3 - 4,019,904

EDIT: and total software sales life to date:

360 - 63,873,600
Wii - 34,194,016
Wii without Wii Play - 30,074,016
PS3 - 13,844,148

EDIT2:

Xbox 360 total software sales as of 31 December 2006:

Hardware: 4.5 million
Tie Ratio: 5.3 (Source)

Total - 23,850,000

MidiSurf

Banned
BTW here is TOP10 PC-games of year 2007 -->

1. World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade - 2,25 million
2. World of Warcraft - 914 000
3. The Sims 2 Seasons - 433 000
4. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - 383 000
5. Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars - 343 000
6. Sim City 4 Deluxe - 284 000
7. The Sims 2 - 281 000
8. The Sims 2: Bon Voyage - 271 000
9. Age of Empires III - 259 000
10. The Sims 2: Pets - 236 000

Probably old but i just found them, so there you go. America is Sims land too.

Banned
I'm sorry but....how is World of Warcraft still selling like this? Hasn't that game peaked. What kind of demographic is it appealing to?

I'm not trying to troll WoW at all, I'm just wondering what is going on. Wouldn't "hardcore games have jumped on 2 years, and I can't see the casual market paying monthly for this.

I'm sorry but....how is World of Warcraft still selling like this? Hasn't that game peaked. What kind of demographic is it appealing to?

I'm not trying to troll WoW at all, I'm just wondering what is going on. Wouldn't "hardcore games have jumped on 2 years, and I can't see the casual market paying monthly for this.

Why does the Wii sell as well as it does? It defies ALL forms of logic. Same goes with WoW. But in WoW's defense, there currently isn't anything out there worthy enough to pull fans away from it. With the Wii? Heck if I know. I've long since stopped trying to theorycraft it.

Nocebo

DiatribeEQ said:
Why does the Wii sell as well as it does? It defies ALL forms of logic. Same goes with WoW. But in WoW's defense, there currently isn't anything out there worthy enough to pull fans away from it. With the Wii? Heck if I know. I've long since stopped trying to theorycraft it.
Yeah cause the wii has absolutely no good points right? I roll mine eyes at thee.

Top Bottom