• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For December 2010 [Up5: Some Kinect/Move Data]

Sho_Nuff82 said:
So Warren Spector, Rare, and Retro finally made it (back) to the top with mascot platformers and waggle. Somehow, I'm okay with that.

Retro making it back to the top 10 of the NPD for the first time since they released their last game.

plufim

apana said:
Sales right? Somebody else will be getting the money.
Hmm.. true, although I would guess that this could lead to bigger budgets for them. They've given Nintendo a big earner, they could see more money for hiring more people, starting new projects, etc.

fabprems

EviLore said:
December 2010 Top 10 Games (New Physical Retail only; across all platforms incl. PC)
01. Call of Duty: Black Ops** (360, PS3, Wii, NDS, PC) ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
02. Just Dance 2 (Wii) UBISOFT
03. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm** (PC) ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
04. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood** (360, PS3) UBISOFT
05. Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) NINTENDO
06. Disney Epic Mickey** (Wii) DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS
07. Madden NFL 11 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP) ELECTRONIC ARTS
08. Michael Jackson The Experience** (Wii, NDS, PSP) UBISOFT
09. NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PS2, PC) TAKE 2 INTERACTIVE
10. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (360, PS3, Wii, PC) ELECTRONIC ARTS

**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)
Well, some budget and some ads for a wii game is someting useful it seems, even a 3rd party one ... (I know, kiddy mickey for the kiddy console blablabla...)

I'm surprised by the lack of Kinect software, Kinect seems to sell very well, but the software is nowhere to be found...

szaromir

Banned
I'm happy for Epic Mickey. I heard the game didn't turn out ideal, but it would be sad to see Spector and his studio close down.

hamchan

But, for the first time, NPD also included sales of digital downloads of games, social network games, game rentals, online game subscriptions, and sales of used games.

Huh so the Cataclysm numbers includes DD? We know Cataclysm sold 4.7 million over it's first month.

[Nintex]

threenote said:
What a pathetic year for Sony. I'm very impressed by Microsoft's sales. That was unexpected.
They pretty much fucked up everything they could possibly fuck up. I think they deserve a medal.

Beezy

DMeisterJ said:
All formats charts don't favor individual games, and more importantly, #10 this month did much better than #10 last month. We need to see GT5 numbers before laughing.
We? I think I'll keep laughing.

heringer

I want to be happy for Warren Spector, but damn, Epic Mickey stinks.

Well, I'm happy for Retro at least. Even if DKCR is not my cup of tea. :D

fabprems

EviLore said:
December 2010 Top 10 Games (New Physical Retail only; across all platforms incl. PC)
01. Call of Duty: Black Ops** (360, PS3, Wii, NDS, PC) ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
02. Just Dance 2 (Wii) UBISOFT
03. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm** (PC) ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
04. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood** (360, PS3) UBISOFT
05. Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) NINTENDO
06. Disney Epic Mickey** (Wii) DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS
07. Madden NFL 11 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP) ELECTRONIC ARTS
08. Michael Jackson The Experience** (Wii, NDS, PSP) UBISOFT
09. NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PS2, PC) TAKE 2 INTERACTIVE
10. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (360, PS3, Wii, PC) ELECTRONIC ARTS

**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)
Well, some budget and some ads for a wii game is someting useful it seems, even a 3rd party one ... (I know, kiddy mickey for the kiddy console blablabla...)
edit : i'm dumb

GhaleonEB

fabprems said:

I'm surprised by the lack of Kinect software, Kinect seems to sell very well, but the software is nowhere to be found...
Read the rest of the OP. According to NPD, if games are listed individually rather than bundled by title across multiple platforms (which is how we used to get NPD charts), both Kinect Sports and Dance Central were in the top 10.

Edit: I see you read further. :p

Zachack

nincompoop said:
You mean 3rd party Wii games can sell if the publishers don't treat their audience like lower-class citizens? Who woulda thunk it?
Epic Mickey shows that they can sell even if they do treat their audience like lower-class citizens.

Kenka

jman2050 said:
Dance Central and Udraw have to be the remaining ones based on linked articles.

MS said they only got 3 titles in the top 10 (now we know they were refering to individual SKU). So it must another game, and not on X360.

donny2112

Grecco said:
Hopefully this ends the whole "IT ONLY HAD 5 DAYS TO CHART" nonsesense we always see (And saw last month when GT5 bombed)

It won't.

Got 360 dead on. Will have to see how the other systems did tomorrow, though. :)

GhaleonEB said:
Read the rest of the OP. According to NPD, if games are listed individually rather than bundled by title across multiple platforms (which is how we used to get NPD charts), both Kinect Sports and Dance Central were in the top 10.

Correct, and GT5 isn't mentioned...anywhere.

user_nat said:
According the the below one of those is Dance Central, but that wasn't in MS PR..
Probably because one of the charts include also WoW for pc, and the other are referred only to console ( like in november when DC was 11th and KS was 12 )

szaromir said:
I'm happy for Epic Mickey. I heard the game didn't turn out ideal, but it would be sad to see Spector and his studio close down.
Yeah, I think the game is heavily flawed but I still have fun with it, conceptually it's much more interesting than the actual execution, but it's good to see a more ambitious third-party Wii game chart.

KingDizzi

Banned
Dante said:
Time for Sony to tighten the leash on Kaz.

Everything that did go wrong went wrong with GT5, Yamauchi being the golden boy for Sony is a thing of the past now. The western first party for Sony has great quality but the sales are also starting to increase while GT numbers are just going downhill, things will be changing for sure. It's bombed in Japan, NA and done good while nothing special in EU so overall GT5 has been a massive failure.

Put a leash on that thing Sony, do it! It's a lock on, things at PD will change. :)

[Nintex] said:
They pretty much fucked up everything they could possibly fuck up. I think they deserve a medal.
The key point, I think, is that they didn't drop their price like they really should have given their seemingly building momentum from the Slim and last Xmas into early 2010. That and they totally screwed up Move. Totally. And GT5 is really like a cow that has overgrazed for far too long before coming to market.

FrankT

Where is the Wii number? Supposed to be 2.3M+ right? Where ya at Nintendo and hopefully we get the PS3 number.

Busaiku said:
Dance Central isn't in there.
360 only has 3 titles in the top 10 when separating SKUs.

It pretty much must be if the OP post is correct. Perhaps that is without WoW.

Top Bottom