• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2013 [Up2: Xbox One/360 HW, 3DS top system of year]

because it didn't crack last year's numbers and they didn't say it sold a million, my guess would be anywhere between 920k and 950k.

they haven't said anything at all though, I remember in the prediction thread people were like "welp guess Wii U didn't hit 2 million!"
(obviously that's a lot worse though)

Nintendo sold -11.3% software ($ Revenue) this December compared to last December.

Thanks to the launch of the PS4, Sony's software is up 37.0%.

Pain

Banned
PS4 sales are really only about 47k below XB1? Wow and that's with it being sold out.

I'll take back my previous projection about XB1 winning January.

donny2112

Did the chart angles. They were close to what shinra-bansho got, and as he posted, they do not work with the numbers we have. Therefore, can't use the chart. :(

On the plus side, we don't need it for consoles! :D

Here's what we got, so far.

1. 3DS - ?
2. XB1 - 908K
3. PS4 - ~860K
4. 360 - 643K
5. WIU - 481K
6. PS3 - 299K
7. WII
8. PSV - ~95K

So how are we doing?

Just need 3DS. :)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
because it didn't crack last year's numbers and they didn't say it sold a million, my guess would be anywhere between 920k and 950k.

By mixing Nintendo tracker and NPD tracker, it's over a million. That's for sure. We just don't know how much.

Cream, I'd love to see one of yours 3DS and Vita overall LTD Charts. Like you did last year, remember?

Pain

Banned
Anyone else surprised Last of Us only sold 1.5 million in NA? I expected a lot more units sold by now. =
It's on a measly 20m or so install base. The fact that it crossed 1m at all is extraordinary. How much did the Uncharted games sell?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Nintendo sold -11.3% software ($ Revenue) this December compared to last December.

Thanks to the launch of the PS4, Sony's software is up 37.0%.

Where are you getting this info? :p

That's depressing as their line-up was far more robust this December compared to last year's; however, Wii software sales must have severely declined as well and unfortunately the 3DS software catalog did not offset the loss of Wii revenue.

You got Super Mario 3D World numbers? :(

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Well, you can fit the whole world in your hand for 570k. And as for the rest, you dont want to know

2013 Total Software Revenue Marketshare (five random companies):

Take 2 - 18.1% (up 89.2%)
Activision Blizzard - 17.3% (down 23.2%)
EA - 16.2% (down 1.8%)
Nintendo 1st-party - 10.6% (down 4.7%)
Sony 1st-Party - 5.1% (up 43.2%)

Tagg9

It's on a measly 20m or so install base. The fact that it crossed 1m at all is extraordinary. How much did the Uncharted games sell?

I don't remember the exact numbers, but I think Uncharted 2 sold around 3 million. Maybe a bit less for Uncharted 3.

Also, keep in mind that Call of Duty routinely sells ~5 million units in North America.

NolbertoS

Wow, I saw this thead at 5 pages 7-8 hours ago and now it's over 50 pages. I think Sony wants the global crown and MS just wants USA and Europe. Long term, Sony might edge out the win. I don't know about you guys, but my Xbox One, has been gathering dust, using it mostly for first party exclusives and the PS4 for first and third party moreso.

All I know is my Vita projections are going to have to be revised downward. A platform selling that badly will be quietly phased out in short order. I think 2013 was Vita's last year on the American market. Shipments will be small if nonexistent until Sony announces its discontinuation on store shelves. To get to 20 million units I was hedging on America selling six to seven million units. Now I expect it to be discontinued.

So 13-14 million units WW year 5. That's if the discontinuation does not have an effect on sales in other regions. It could go lower.

I don't think Sony's going to be making handhelds much longer. That's kind of sad. I loved both PSP and Vita in theory. They just never really lived up to their potential of "Home console games on the go."
In what world 80 million PSP sold is not living up to its potential? Some of you, ugh.

480K is "good" or probably more accurately just "a lot higher than expected"... considering how poorly the Wii U has been doing. It's much higher than I personally expected for sure.

It's still terrible in any wider context; e.g. last December Nintendo sold 1.1M units of home console hardware, this December that will only be ~630K.

It's bad compared to past Nintendo December's for the likes of the GCN.

And of course, there's this:
MZHVoFl.jpg

don't cross

the streeeeems

BigDug13

I don't remember the exact numbers, but I think Uncharted 2 sold around 3 million. Maybe a bit less for Uncharted 3.

Also, keep in mind that Call of Duty routinely sells ~5 million units in North America.

On just PS3 CoD sells 5 million in NA?

MrMephistoX

Wow, I saw this thead at 5 pages 7-8 hours ago and now it's over 50 pages. I think Sony wants the global crown and MS just wants USA and Europe. Long term, Sony might edge out the win. I don't know about you guys, but my Xbox One, has been gathering dust, using it mostly for first party exclusives and the PS4 for first and third party moreso.

Opposite with me thanks to Dead Rising and Killer Instinct and the voice commands for everything else. Haven't touched my PS4 in weeks but will get all third party stuff on it for sure.

Loudninja

US:
PS4: 2 million
Xbox One:1,817,000

UK:
PS4: 530,000
Xbox One: 364,000

Spain:
PS4:157,000
Xbox One:35,000

France:
PS4:100k *first 2 weeks
Xbox One 50k* first 3 weeks*

AU:
Xbox One:65,917*first 3 days*

Germany:
PS4 250K
Xbox One 100K

nib95

Banned
US:
PS4: 2 million
Xbox One:1,817,000

UK:
PS4: 530,000
Xbox One: 364,000

Spain:
PS4:157,000
Xbox One:35,000

France:
PS4:100k *first 2 weeks
Xbox One 50k* first 3 weeks*

AU:
Xbox One:65,917*first 3 days*

Germany:
PS4 250K
Xbox One 100K

As mentioned above, Microsoft claimed 3m consoles sold WW by the end of December, Sony with 4.5m consoles. So deducting the US totals we have roughly 1.2m for all other regions sold for the Xbox One up to the end of December, and 2.5 million for the PS4.

John Harker

2013 Total Software Revenue Marketshare:

Take 2 - 18.1% (up 89.2%)
Activision Blizzard - 17.3% (down 23.2%)
EA - 16.2% (down 1.8%)
Nintendo 1st-party - 10.6% (down 4.7%)
Sony 1st-Party - 5.1% (up 43.2%)

Where you compiling that from?

Some are a little high
And thats not the correct top 5. Sony is 7

I'm a little confused. NPD has Ghosts selling more on PS3 for the month of December and LTD, but creamsugar and a few other posts are saying ghosts sold more on ps4 than ps3? Am I reading something wrong here.

I thought NPD lists in order by which console sold the best.

John Harker

Didn't say it was the top 5. But yeah, I may have done it wrong. I'll remove the post anyway to be on the safe side. I don't want to accidentally give out false information.

You dont have to you're super close! I was just curious

dagamer34

Neo Member
The problem with people saying that GT6 should have been on the PS4 is that the game still has tons and tons of PS2 "standard" models in its roster of cars. Forza 5 may get chided for lacking in content as far as cars and tracks go, but they made the decision to start from scratch 2 years ago, something Polyphony Digital apparently hasn't done since GT3 in 2001 when they reduced the number of cars from 650 in GT2 to 180 in GT3 (similar to Forza 5 from Forza 4).

And since it took even 5 years to get a full GT game on the PS4, I feel like PS4 owners are going to be waiting forever for a GT game. Hence of course, the existence of Driveclub, which was meant to go head to head against Forza 5.

xavi42

Wow, great job Microsoft!! I think word of mouth will only help the X1 even more. It's a great product, well worth the 500 big ones.

Top Bottom