• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2013 [Up2: Xbox One/360 HW, 3DS top system of year]

Tratorn

I scrolled threw the last 2 pages and didn't find anything, but do we have better 3DS estimates now or is it still just >1m.

Bowler

Just going to come out and say that I am salty... was hoping for a MS crash and burn, so they would reduce the price of there weaker hardware. Then I could pick one up.

Fuck. Why couldn't you 900000 people wait a bit.

The Hermit

iboj36cXIGkSv4.gif

fgbfdghkjdfklhdfgkjdf

MH4 IS COMING

ARE YOU READY

Always been.

Btw, where the hell do you find those brazilian gifs?

So when should we expect these supposed Sony 'supply issues' to be solved? Should we look forward to a complete and absolute Sony domination in January? Or Feb? Maybe March?

KFWXeM2.png

I have to say, this is really interesting.

Casual audience is non existent on PS4, could be bad thing in the long run, especially seeing the XBO version selling well, even more than the Wii U version.

XBO is looking like the winner of this generation, they have both hardcores and casuals.

Meier

3DS won't reach 80M.

Dedicated handheld are really dying... =/
The base price of the 3DS XL is still higher than the NDS ever cost in general, isn't it? Yeah, there were sales, but even still, the NDS didn't take off big time until it was $129 as I recall. I think there is still room for growth in 2014, at least in the US.

KFWXeM2.png

Casual audience is non existent on PS4, could be bad thing in the long run, especially seeing the XBO version selling well, even more than the Wii U version.

XBO is looking like the winner of this generation, they have both hardcores and casuals.

A winner? After 6 weeks?

Chobel

So when should we expect these supposed Sony 'supply issues' to be solved? Should we look forward to a complete and absolute Sony domination in January? Or Feb? Maybe March?

Typical from you, set the bar so high, so when it won't happen, tell people they're were wrong.

KFWXeM2.png

It's really getting hard to differentiate between joke posts and serious posts.

Klarax

Banned
My prediction is that Sony will state their sales in the next day or two, just like last time MS announced sales.

Sony are good at this, as it takes focus off MS and back onto Sony.

Lexxism

EDIT: That's approximately 1 million. Mentioned in the OP, I think. Good to see confirmation.

I think it should be >1.1m no? I remember that people were talking in the prediction thread that the 3DS LTD in the US in November was 10.4. So, if 3DS LTD now is >11.5, that makes it >1.1m for December no?

KFWXeM2.png

I don't think it's entirely about the audience… PS Camera detection is bad in Just Dance 2014, especially with 2+ players. Whether it's Ubisoft's or Sony's fault I don't know, but the experience is far better on Kinect, even the Xbox 360's Kinect. As for PS Move (the other way to play the game on PS4) it basically equals Wii/Wii U controls, but buying a Wii & Wiimotes remains the much cheaper option – not to mention this is the first Just Dance with online multiplayer, which is free on Wii & Wii U.

Also, Just Dance Kids 2014 spin-off released (October 2013) on Wii+Wii U+360, while the previous entries (Just Dance Kids, Just Dance Kids 2) had a PS3 version as well. It seems Just Dance is becoming irrelevant on PlayStation hardware.

What's more interesting is the fact that several sources (NPD, France numbers, UK charts) show that the Just Dance series is finally seeing a huge drop-off… It'll be interesting to watch how Ubisoft handles the future of the series, considering it's now their second biggest franchise.

DMeisterJ

Banned
KFWXeM2.png

Not sure if serious.

Majmun

The thing is that Ps4 is still ahead of the Xbox One in NA, even after the severe supply constrains.

The demand for the Ps4 seems to be much higher. Especially seeing how the Ps4 is still supply constrained while the Xbox One can be found basically everywhere.

Miles X

The thing is that Ps4 is still ahead of the Xbox One in NA, even after the severe supply constrains.

The demand for the Ps4 seems to be much higher. Especially seeing how the Ps4 is still supply constrained while the Xbox One can be found basically everywhere.

Yeah I agree, XB1 won't be winning again until it gets a price cut of $100.

ParityBit

I love how people will continue to kick the MS is doomed can down the road.

They are not, they are here to stay and they did very well.

That being said, I helped everyone .... I picked up a XBone, PS4 and White Vita.

SmokyDave

Lol. Just found a few bundles on Amazon.com. Are you making up bs jpegs to prove a point?

Sold by Amazon, or through Amazon?

Do you have any links?

Either way, you're not seriously suggesting that the PS4 is in plentiful stock, are you?

Edit: just read your post where you say 'supposed' supply issues. Yeah, you're in denial chuck.

Miles X

People are desperately lost to fanboyism and would buy a box of rocks if it said XBox on it just so they could feel cool. Old habits die hard.

Yeah because there is no good reason to buy an Xbox .... I think we know who is the fanboy here.

Yeah, because casuals like to pay $100 more

They just can't find Ps4 consoles right now.

PS4 has a higher install base in US, so why didn't JD sell more? Nothing to do with not being able to find consoles.

Eusis

Mess.

I'm just saying the casual audience will give XBO more longevity. Sony can't rely only on hardcores.
That probably depends on what people the PS4 draws in. It still has mainstream value in streaming without secondary subscriptions, and the casual audience IS fickle. And the camera is selling well anyway.

jjasper

So PS4 sold 2m and Xbox sold 1.8m in the US in Nov and Dec? That's seems really good. Wonder how big the drop off will be in Jan.

Majmun

Price isn't a huge motivating factor at Christmas. People but what thy want.

Price is more important in the middle of the year.

But we can't really wage the Ps4 demand because the console was sold out in december.

The Xbox One was not. People wanted to buy a Ps4, but they could not.

Just going to come out and say that I am salty... was hoping for a MS crash and burn, so they would reduce the price of there weaker hardware. Then I could pick one up.

Fuck. Why couldn't you 900000 people wait a bit.

Oh they will drop the price. It is a matter of time. I predict first price drop for Christmas after Sony beats them for 5-6 consecutive months in NPDs.

Top Bottom