• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2015 [Up1: Super Mario Maker]

Lacrus

yea no way TR sold over 1 million, sorry but calling PR BS. Has not charted once in Nov-Dec and its dead in the UK.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Full Year:

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Activision Blizzard | Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
  2. Madden NFL 16 (Electronic Arts | PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
  3. Fallout 4 (Bethesda Softworks | PS4, Xbox One, PC)
  4. Star Wars: Battlefront (Electronic Arts | Xbox One, PS4, PC)
  5. Grand Theft Auto V (Take-Two | PS4, Xbox One) 360, PS3, PC)
  6. NBA 2K16 (Take-Two | PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
  7. Minecraft (Microsoft | 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4)
  8. FIFA 16 (Electronic Arts | PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
  9. Mortal Kombat X (Warner Bros | PS4, Xbox One)
  10. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Activision Blizzard | Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)

For reference, Mortal Kombat X sold 1.25 million first month. Which mean that by now is WELL over those numbers.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
PlayStation 4 outsold Xbox One in December

Here’s the statement from Sony:

“As we reflect on an amazing year, we want to thank fans and partners for making PlayStation 4 the top selling console in December and in 2015. PS4 also had the strongest third-party software sales in 2015 in the U.S., according to NPD.

The momentum and enthusiasm for the platform continued throughout the year, resulting in cumulative sales of more than 35.9 million since the launch of PS4. During the holiday season alone, more than 5.7 million PS4s and 35 million PS4 games were sold through to consumers worldwide. We look forward to another great year and bringing an extensive portfolio of games from our publisher partners and SCE Worldwide Studios to fans in 2016.”

J_Viper

Fallout 4 outselling Battlefront?
situation.gif

Deserved, but surprising.

No TW3 is really surprising and disappointing....

Hasn't CDPR said themselves that TW3 made a solid profit for them? Maybe I'm misremembering.

Tratorn

Fallout 4 must be pretty close or PS4 had a big lead in november, since in the full year chart the PS4 is still leading.

J-Skee

Nuts that PS4 is selling more hardware, but Xbox is selling more software. I really wish we could see sales for bundles.

EDIT: Whoops, wrong word.

Where? In the US? Maybe not lol.

Yeah US, I'm pretty sure it must be outpacing Ubi's internal estimates for launch month cause stock aint great.

It was one of those games that came out not huge out the gate but just keeps selling and selling and selling. I expect it in the top 10 for January

Top Bottom