• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2015 [Up1: Super Mario Maker]

Welfare

8d1QUmL.png

Nothing to work off of.

Thanks though!

Wait, wtf does that even mean? Aren't those in the top 10 for this year multiplatform games? I'm so confused
The key is "in 2015". GTAV, Minecraft and Advanced Warfare didn't come out in 2015. So, it would mean the titles at 11,12, 13 or so would bump up. We can assume titles like Halo 5 and Tomb Raider would then fit in the top ten in order for X1 to be the only console with all the top ten titles.

Wouldn't be the first time.
the fuck...
Yup, this is the first main Halo game which don't chart.

Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo Reach, all charted.
damn, even reach. what a shame.
Even then the better gpu and unified ram helped the 360 in areas PS3 struggled. The multiplat advantage towards 360 remained for the whole gen. Comparing exclusive quality is pointless. Uncharted, GOW3 and TLOU looked amazing but so did Alan Wake, Forza, Gears 3 and Halo 4. The Cell was not worth it if you had to jump through a hundred hoops.
unified ram was definitely a 360 advantage, but Ps3 exclusives were more impressive to me (and I think to most) than 360 exclusives.
shukran

(means thank you) =]

edit: LTD u.s?

The key is "in 2015". GTAV, Minecraft and Advanced Warfare didn't come out in 2015. So, it would mean the titles at 11,12, 13 or so would bump up. We can assume titles like Halo 5 and Tomb Raider would then fit in the top ten in order for X1 to be the only console with all the top ten titles.

Oh shit, hahah. This has got to be the best PR spin I have seen. Thanks for pointing that part out, I was so confused.

EvB

So which games are actually in there?

CoD BO3
Fallout 4
Star Wars: BF
Madden
FIFA
NBA
Mortal Kombat
Halo 5

Two are missing, Batman, AC or Witcher 3 probably sold better than another Xbox exclusive, right?

It has to be another 2 Exclusuves, take your pick from Gears, Forza or Tomb Raider.

Gears and Tomb Raider are the most likely

The top 10 for the year are a facepalm of "same old shit", although this year felt better overall than last on quality. I think. Here's hoping a few other things crack the top of the charts for 2016. Uncharted best and FFXV possible chances, anecdotally.

That certain games sell far, far more at retail (versus online specifically) is fascinating. Minecraft x2 in the top 10 look like duds by available data online but hey, NPD doesn't lie.

HardRojo

I don't get it, all the top 10 games are multiplatform and on PS4. ???

You've been spun. MS PR mentions games that were released in 2015. That 2015 Top 10 in the OP includes games that weren't released in 2015. Take those out and probably Halo 5 makes it in the list.

Sterok

So what looks to be the GAF favorite for GOTY... which of these titles do you think may have outsold it in 2015?

A: ESO
B: Dragon Ball: Xenoverse
C: Evolve
D: Just Dance 2016
E: Majora's Mask
F: Rainbow Six Siege
G: Super Smash Bros
H: MLB The Show
I: Splatoon
J: LEGO Batman 3
K: Call of Duty Ghosts
L: All of the Above

I assume you're talking about Witcher 3 here. Splatoon, Just Dance, and Majora's Mask above Witcher? Really? That seems rather low.

The pies have come early. Delicious.

you can play the semantics game all you want, but it's a de facto Souls sequel

lol

I don't get it, all the top 10 games are multiplatform and on PS4. ???

"launched in 2015" is the important bit of spin, they're excluding GTAV, Minecraft and CoD Advanced Warfare and including the next three games, one of which is presumably Halo 5.

Edit: I missed the "of this generation" bit, so I guess they're excluding PS3 and 360 sales too.

etta

my hard graphic balls
That would be a terrible system seller. We all know MS PR can do better than 4K games....bleh.
"type [of] thing"
They did that with the X360, right? The first place to play HD games? Maybe the first place to play AAA's like Call of Duty and FIFA in 4K can do favorably and similarly for them.
huh? there is talk about them ending xbone early?
No, I'm just laying out some hypotheticals.

Ōkami

Ōkami;192230363 said:
Bare minimum from the pies

XB1: 1.30M
PS4: 1.49M
WIU: 0.43M

Using 2.8m for PS4+XB1
Using 2.9m
PS4: 1.55m
XB1: 1.34m
WIU: 0.45m

Later number puts Wii U at 5m, that could help on being more precise with the others with the ltd pie.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
"type [of] thing"
They did that with the X360, right? The first place to play HD games? Maybe the first place to play AAA's like Call of Duty and FIFA in 4K can do favorably and similarly for them.

What I am saying is do you really see 4K being the big selling point of the new systems? Hell I wouldn't be surprised if most games for the next generation on consoles are still just 1080p.

Oh shit, hahah. This has got to be the best PR spin I have seen. Thanks for pointing that part out, I was so confused.
I was right there with you until others pointed it out lol. I was just looking confused like, "Wait, what? What am I missing here?....".

It truly is fantastic PR. Kudos to MS PR department.

Top Bottom