• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2009

Great numbers all around pretty much. Higher than expected hardware sales definitely.

Great job, Capcom, SFIV in Feb, and RE5 in March. Way to dominate the start of '09!

STG!

rockyiv.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Maybe I should finally buy SFIV.

Apparently everybody else has.

VALIS

Wow, almost 400K for the 360 in February. I wonder why. Great number anyway considering last Feb. they did 250. Big year-over-year gains. Price!

Mrbob

I know the media goes Nintendo crazy for sales, but to be honest the 360 and PS3 aren't doing too bad either.

I mean...this is Feb. A 400 dollar PS3 shifted 276K units and the 360 hit 391K, which is crazy. I think the 360 is starting to break through into the next level now.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Guys, Killzone was actually technically on sale for like 2 and a half hours.

m3k

EviLore said:
Data care of NPD Group

PlayStation 2 131K
PlayStation 3 276K
PSP 199K
Xbox 360 391K
Wii 753K
Nintendo DS 588K

Wii Fit w/ Balance Board (WII) 644K
Street Fighter IV* (360) 446K
Street Fighter IV* (PS3) 403K
Wii Play w/ Remote (WII) 386K
Killzone 2 (PS3) 323K
Wii Mario Kart with wheel (WII) 263K
Call of Duty: World at War* (360) 193K
Mario Kart DS (NDS) 145K
New Super Mario Bros (NDS) 144K
Guitar Hero World Tour* (WII) 136K

(*includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)

what... didnt the ds beat wii last month... considerably? anyway its all kinda predictable

Pretty good 360 sales, and Wii sales are just :eek: :eek:

Pretty cool to see SF4 up there in software as well, I'm really enjoying it (in a casual, what-the-fuck is FADC? sort of way

Now how many people are going to question Halo War's non-appearance? :p

Azure J

Nice job Street Fighter IV. Also, Mama Robotnik's gif caught me off guard for a second. I almost said StarFox, then remembered Independence Day, and then the ending... :lol

VeritasVierge said:
Totally predictable numbers. Wish I could see the top 10 for just DS games though.
The only thing predictable about the numbers were the positions of them. Each did a lot better then I expected.

And then there were the hardware sales. Also much higher then I expected.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
VALIS said:
Wow, almost 400K for the 360 in February. I wonder why. Great number anyway considering last Feb. they did 250. Big year-over-year gains. Price!
Could it have actually been the Lost and the Damned? Because it sure as hell wasn't Halo Wars.

Hmmm...

Narcosis

Street Fighter 4 over 800K? OMG that is awesome!

Whoever said the fighter genre was dead or irrelevant needs to go back to their troll caves and hide.

Grecco

SF better than expected.

MKDS/NSMB on top 10 lists in 2009. Jesus.

and KZ underwhelms. Sony has themselves to blame. They dropped the ball on the advertisement on that game.

Mario gets 3 out of the top 10 . . . the fat little plumber has really long legs.

Street Fighter blows away Killzone 2. Wow, the fighter genre is bigger than I thought.

The PS2 is finally starting to run out of steam. Last time I post this?:
PS2bunny.jpg

Top Bottom