• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2010

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Kind of a snorefest.

Nice numbers for the 360 though, I don't think anyone expected it to beat the Wii even though it was only by a small margin.
Kind of odd that PS3 Dante's Inferno beat the 360 version, especially since you'd think PS3 owners would be saving the cash for God of War.
Heavy Rain barely made it in, if it didn't we'd probably see some major meltdowns. Too bad.

o how the mighty have fallen. The God has fallen back to Earth. You are now mortal Wii. PS3 and 360: ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US!

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
WTF PS2?

40k one month, 100k the next? Damn you.

Anyhow, good month for everyone else. PS3 sold very well for a console with shortages.

operon

Wow 360 on top nice

explode02_4.gif

Jeels

People's console buying choices aren't always making sense to me when it comes to the number of and quality of games...

Seems like Wii supply issues are even more serious than I had thought.

I'm pretty surprised at both Dante's Inferno and Heavy Rain making the Top 10. Especially Heavy Rain. That's doing a lot better than anyone could have hoped for.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So the 360 version of Bioshock sold 562.9K but the PS3 version didn't chart so it's a least sub 220K, what a big gap there.

MisterHero

Should've lowered the price released Wii HD moneyhatted 3rd-Parties Nintendo, and now it's biting you in the ass!!!

GAME OVER!

*arrogantly hitches pants*

Software seems low.

Heavy Rain with like what, 5 days? Good show.

360 with the upset :eek: and where's Bioshock 2 PS3?

I haven't seen a commercial for Just Dance, I wonder why it has legs? Didn't it come out before Christmas too?

Mario, Sports Resort, and CoD are to be expected at this point :p

Zzoram

DefectiveReject said:
*Gulp*

what happened ....lol

I guess this explains last weeks both Sony and Nintendo saying channels are depleted.

It would mean that people bought Xbox 360 INSTEAD of PS3/Wii due to shortages. That means it's a horrible shortage for them, because those customers won't be buying another console soon after buying an Xbox 360.

It also means that people like the Xbox 360 to immediately buy it if they were looking for a PS3 and didn't find out, suggesting that they are almost equal in popularity.

dyls

Those are really impressive numbers all around for a February, aren't they? I mean, to have 4 systems over 350K, especially in this economy, seems really excellent.

Wow at 360.

deleted

Wow for 360 numbers, I wonder why it came out this strong.. Bioshock 2?

Heavy Rain in the top 10 makes me a happy gamer :D

Oh and Dante making roundabout 500k on both platforms in its first month shows that EA´s marketing was spot on!

No 500 errors this time. Hmm.

Unexpected result for the 360 and Wii (unless the Wii has supply issues again - surely not?)

DS is a monster and next month is Pokemon month.

Evlar

Banned
Yikes. Wow. Impressive upset.

What's the YoY changes for each console? Anyone have the data at their fingers?

kuYuri

Oh wow, Dante's Inferno managed to sell well on both consoles. I'm glad it did well for Visceral.

Also, so happy for Heavy Rain. :D

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I'm happy to see Dante's Inferno do relatively poorly especially after all the inane marketing and the Super Bowl ad.

PS3 owners don't give a shit about Bioshock, it seems. The timed-exclusive nature of the first must have fucked the franchise's potential on the PS3.

Top Bottom