• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2012 [Up 3: Kingdoms Of Amalur, Syndicate, Asura]

Nintendo's HW Figures

Nintendo 3DS: 262,000, a 53 percent increase
Wii: 228,000, a 50 percent increase
Nintendo DS: 135,000, a 76 percent increase
Total: 625,000, a 57 percent increase

So with those numbers and MS 360 numbers, that leaves sony with ~360K for PS3

seady

When huge 1st party on console exclusive like Twisted Metal can only make it to #9, it's very hard for handheld 3rd party exclusive to hit top 10.

Takao

Banned
When huge 1st party on console exclusive like Twisted Metal can only make it to #9, it's very hard for handheld 3rd party exclusive to hit top 10.

Huge? Most people on this forum were under the impressions Twisted Metal was going to crater big time.

I thought otherwise, and it seems I wasn't wrong.

fernoca

I only hope Revelations did well in the individual SKU chart :(
Nice for Twisted Metal, however.
Well, seeing how Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 each did over 100,000 and didn't made it to the top 10; guess Revelations could've done similar or higher numbers and still miss it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
What's with the PS3 sales? Any reason for it to sell that good this month?

Good games do that. 360 has already won the mind share but PS3 has been much more consistent with the SW. At least their exclusives but we all should know that situation by now. I suspect if they had price parity right with 360, we would be seeing similar numbers to 360. Good for PS3 and 360 though. They are the two best systems and they should be up there.

February was much better than January. Industry's not doomed anymore, yay!

Also Soul Calibur V didn't bomb!

Unless of course total software bombed:p

EDIT: N/M looking at the #9 placement with 221K sales. Sales could be tight still. Hopefully more #'s come out.

UberTag

Shouldn't be. The original game did like 1.2 million in the first month (700k PS3 500K 360). I have a feeling FF13-2 did quite a bit less considering it is behind CoD.
For some perspective, MW3 did 386,000 in total sales across all SKUs in January. It's hard to fathom that number going up considerably in February and yet it still finished first.

That portends to extremely poor numbers for XIII-2 compared to FF13's 1.32 million in sales to debut in March 2010.

Road

PS3 range given all the rounding would be between 347k and 374k. With the added information, I guess it's between 347k and 360k.

Does this put the PS3 around 360k? Could have sworn I read the combined total of PS3/Wii was 588K in relation to market share MS held with the top spot at 426K sold.
Yes, that is correct. But I find you're lack of confidence in your own math amusing...

Microsoft trucking along.
Sony seems to be doing well with the PS3. Vita...?
Nintendo numbers are eh... Wii especially is on palliative care.

Top Bottom