• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2015 [Nintendo Numbers, Majora's, MH4, ~XB1]

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
Is that sonys official statement in the op? If it is its like they don't even know what to say " the ps4 hardware is selling shit tons" no comments about anything else lol

Overside

Banned
Oh God, but what kind of double kill.

With Nintendo it could be a flying leap off of an exploding roof top, with a triple flip twist and a single dagger hurled through two evil heads...

Or it could be they squirted themselves in the eye with breakfast grapefruit, cracked themselves in the back of the head on the cubpoard, tumbled over the stool, and collapsed onto the litterbox, that happened to be in use by 2 adorable kittens. (Where are my customizable faceplates NoA?)

*Looks*

Phew, all right. Nice job Nintendo.

Meesh

So are we happy with Mon Hun numbers so far? How do they compare with previous entries. Sorry guys, I'm not much for sales age :/

sense

Not surprised at all. Sunset Overdrive came out at the worst time of the year for a new game to be successful in. The Order launched at a time when it should have cleaned up. The fact that it didn't is very telling.
Well there are many ways to look at it. October,November is prime time for games to sell as well plus it had the white Xbox one bundle as well

So Xenoverse is probably around 350k in the America, very great start.
It probably did similar numbers in Europe and it is at 138k in Japan, so we're looking at the worldwide total being somewhere around 800k in physical sales, the game will probably break 1 million world wide by the end of March!

3DS and Zelda Numbers are awesome too.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Majora's Mask at the top and MH in the top 10? What is even happening?

Awesome.

Sony doesn't know what a handheld is. PS4 is the best selling console. 3ds is the best selling gaming device.

Now I want Sony to put out bullshit PR speak like Microsoft and the Xbox One but about the PS Vita. Long day at work so I can't think of anything funny. I'm sure one of you all can come up with something.

Blunoise

Can someon compare mh series launch releases to this one. I want to know if this was a big luanch for monster hunter in the west thanks!

TheMoon

keikakuamsd5.png

to be fair the bar of entry for SO to chart was higher since it was way busier with many high profile games

but so were the spending habits of consumers. jan/feb always have lower sales in any retail sector because people don't spend money that early during the year.

smh at how people try so hard to downplay the order.
#9 is apparently a bomb. not to mention, the new ip in a single platform "should" outsell multiplats. not even funny how pathetic some of these posts are. it could move up two or three spots and it'll still be a flop tohl these people.

Jomjom

Banned
I think the bigger win for Sony this month is that it also lead in software. I think usually MS beats Sony for software sales.

Wii U sold 82.5k last February, which would put it at 99k this month. Far better than I was expecting, but still horrible.

That 20% increase comment is based off of Jan+Feb numbers.

Jan 2014: 49k
Feb 2014: 82.5k
Total: 131.5k

Jan 2015: 63k
Feb 2015: ???
Total: >157.8k

February should be somewhere around 95k.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Yawn, same old same old: Sony wins, hilarious spin from MS, Nintendo being Nintendo.

Going be a long, boring wait until E3 shakes things up...

Kayant

Best February ever for Microsoft:

“Xbox One’s fan base continues to grow with record February sales in the U.S. for Xbox One and 84 percent more consoles sold compared to January 2015. In February 2015, fans spent an average of 74 hours on Xbox Live in the U.S. – three times the amount of hours the average user spends on social networks*. And, Xbox Live set new records, quadrupling global gaming hours on Xbox One and Xbox 360 in February 2015 compared to February 2014. We are grateful to our fans for choosing to play on Xbox One. Offerings and experiences will continue to expand with Xbox One and 'Halo: The Master Chief Collection' available together for $349, new games launching this month including 'ScreamRide' and 'Ori and the Blind Forest,' hundreds of new ID@Xbox games in development, and plans to make gaming even better on Windows 10 and Xbox.” – Mike Nichols, Corporate Vice President, Xbox Marketing, Microsoft

There's a pattern forming here(January)-

“After closing a record-breaking holiday, 2015 is off to a great start,” Xbox marketing corporate vice president Mike Nichols said. “With record January sales for Xbox One and more game sales per console than any other platform.”

Wow my 3ds prediction cgot destroyed
I have no clue about handheld stuff :p

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
3DS heavily went over my expectations, but One and PS4 went quite a bit over them as well, given how One is higher than last year. At this point, it seems like January is a slower month than it was in the past, and now MOM increases are quite higher. Tax returns more powerful than before, I'd say at this point.

Neff

There is no chance of Zelda U being delayed. It WILL come out this holiday season

The only reason I can think of which would make them consider delaying it is seeing these Majora's Mask results and thinking "Zelda still sells great in February, we don't need Christmas, let's schedule another two months of polish for this bitch."

Otherwise, Xmas 2015 has to be looking pretty sweet for that Ocarina holiday nostalgia push.

Cess007

Anyone knows what's on the asterisk on the MS PR? I wanna know how MS knows how much time i spent in social networks ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

Top Bottom