• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2015 [Nintendo Numbers, Majora's, MH4, ~XB1]

BadWolf

They really do, don't they? They have everything but Smash Bros. and Killer Instinct it seems.

Do they have a marketing deal for Tekken as well?

Namco is focusing only on arcades with T7 presently so there is no way to know but fighting games aren't really system sellers anymore, generally speaking.

Could see them attempting something with SFV though.

In every NPD thread people say that next month will be interesting. I think this time this month will be interesting. And next month, too, of course.

Welcome to the mainstream, Bloodborne.

Rurunaki

Dark Souls 1 October NPD: #6 [#4 was 550k]
Dark Souls 1 Media Create first week: 279k
Dark Souls 1 Media Create first 4 weeks: >340k

Dark Souls 2 March NPD: <350k
Dark Souls 2 (PS3) Media Create first week: 255k
Dark Souls 2 (PS3) Media Create first 4 weeks: 320k

Bloodborne Media Create first week: 152k

Yeah more than 300k next NPD seems optimistic.

Where are the install and attach rate for these?

I have never seen any statement from EA projecting a series decline in sales for the franchise. If you can show me otherwise sure. Lots of people have said this so I'm wondering where it has come from because, as I said, as far as I know they haven't made any remarks about expecting sales decline and I looked for it after a couple others said as much.

I rememberseeing they projected 5 million.

When did the Bloodborne Bundle bump happened? Can't believe it keeps going up on Amazon hourly with the removal of the $20 gc deal. People are crazy...

Am I the only one that noticed this?

The media create sales are not really a good metric for bloodborne. The ps4 is doing terrible in Japan, whereas the ps4 is the machine to have in the rest of the world I would not be surprised if it did more than dark souls 1 first month.

He still pushing Bloodborne is niche. Said it wouldn't sell 3 million or more. Waiting for him to eat crow.

Welfare

He still pushing Bloodborne is niche. Said it wouldn't sell 3 million or more. Waiting for him to eat crow.

Damn you really aren't happy that someone doesn't think Bloodborne will do some high numbers.

If it does 3 million, hey that's some serious growth and I would be happy. Who wouldn't? I don't think it'll do it because of how DS2 sold.

I'll be the first to "eat crow" come the next NPD thread if Bloodborne does over 300k or PR is released on it doing 2 million sold worldwide.

Well I stand corrected lol. I trust your insight more than mine

People are not prepared for how big Mortal Kombat is going to open up. Who would think the biggest game in the first 6 months of the year would be an unbelievably violent Fighting game? WB are just on fire lately with their software output.

Chobel

People are not prepared for how big Mortal Kombat is going to open up. Who would think the biggest game in the first 6 months of the year would be an unbelievably violent Fighting game? WB are just on fire lately with their software output.

You think it will be bigger than Batman: Arkham Knight and BF: Hardline?

You think it will be bigger than Batman: Arkham Knight and BF: Hardline?

It will be bigger than Hardline imo yes.

Batman probably not but thats the end of June / beginning of second half of the year

MK imo will be the biggest launch of the front half of the year / until Batman

* these predictions are my own and not representative of any business or its projected numbers or data

Batman probably not but thats the end of June / beginning of second half of the year

* these predictions are my own and not representative of any business or its projected numbers or data

What are your thoughts on The Witcher 3? I see it didn't even cross your mind as a contender.

If I'm remembering right, Batman performs nearly as well as AC games. That bundle will be crazy.

Chobel

Thanks for the info! I had no idea MK franchise is this big.

onQ123

I named MK as one of the games that's going to open the gap between PS4 & Xbox One in the next few months because PS4 don't really have a big fighting game yet & people love to play fighting games with the PlayStation controllers.

Javin98

Banned
I'm surprised to hear that Mortal Kombat X is actually doing so well. Looks like there's still room for fighting games in the market.

Boke1879

So I assume preorders are VERY strong?

March 2015 Best Sellers is up

PS4 is #4 #7
XB1 AC Bundle #16

But far more interesting is that

Bloodborne is #6
Bloodborne CE is #26

Whereas Battlefield Hardline is

PS4 at #41
XB1 at #64

I said it before and I'll say it again Battlefield Hardline is going to be an absolute bomb for the Battlefield series. While it might sell well compared to average sales it will fall massively short of even the underwhelming sales seen for Battlefield 4. If the world was a just place then Bloodborne would outsell it in March but thanks to it being multiplat and a popular FPS that is still unlikely. I think they will be much closer in sales than some seem to think though.

Minor note on this. The week of 03-30 hasn't been updated in their system yet, so March may not be completely up to date.

The last update is 3-23 and there haven't been any new week results since then.

labaronx

I noticed earlier today mortal kombat x ps4 was around 34 to 40 on Amazon charts but didn't see xbone version in top 100. What are your preorders like

Sterok

Is Splatoon getting any pre-orders? Nintendo has been pushing that lately, and I'm curious if people are paying attention to it.

JABEE

Wow it did 1 million in its first NPD? Wow thought it did less than that. Nvm then people won't be surprised

Yeah. Mortal Kombat is a pretty mainstream video game brand. The last mainline one was a pretty big success. I'm pretty sure the DC crossovers were pretty popular too.

Yeah. Mortal Kombat is a pretty mainstream video game brand. The last mainline one was a pretty big success. I'm pretty sure the DC crossovers were pretty popular too.

Oh yeah MK has been big for a long time now but 1 million for MK9 is astronomical big for the genre. I worked its launch and don't recall it being that big out of the gate. I was thinking it did like 500k or something

Disregard everything I said about surprising sales at this point honestly

Sharpeye

Oh yeah MK has been big for a long time now but 1 million for MK9 is astronomical big for the genre. I worked its launch and don't recall it being that big out of the gate. I was thinking it did like 500k or something

Disregard everything I said about surprising sales at this point honestly

The 3D MK games kept fighting games alive, as sub-par the franchise was the PS2 era. A lot of kids such as myself at time bought those games because everyone had it, now as adults we still buy these games because we have stuck with the franchise forever. It's weird, I suck at fighting games yet I always buy MK no matter what despite being bad at it. MK just has a draw that certain games have were you have to just have it despite everything.

onQ123

Bloodborne is now #15 & #55 in the yearly chart & #4 & #29 for March on Amazon.

PS4 is #6 & Xbox One is #19 for March.

Bloodborne is now #15 & #55 in the yearly chart & #4 & #29 for March on Amazon.

PS4 is #6 & Xbox One is #19 for March.

Yeah they just updated today. The last week of March is up: http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2015-03-30/videogames#1

Also, that batman bundle LE bundle is #69 for the month. It sold out fast and didn't have insignificant stock. They should definitely plan to allocate more to retailers. (For reference, the halo Xbox one bundle did not chart for March, just AC bundle).

Bloodborne appears to have done very well on word of mouth. It's still holding high on the hourly charts.

Doing some really janky math -> BB ~= XB1 AC. Amazon is roughly 10% of market; XB1 will have done about 60K through March accordingly. Therefore BB ~= 60K x 10 = 600k opening month. That's likely optimistic because Amazon over-represents core gamer, but perhaps we're still talking > 500k.

Welfare

Doing some really janky math -> BB ~= XB1 AC. Amazon is roughly 10% of market; XB1 will have done about 60K through March accordingly. Therefore BB ~= 60K x 10 = 600k opening month. That's likely optimistic because Amazon over-represents core gamer, but perhaps we're still talking > 500k.

Really janky.

Amazon is more like 6% from what I remember Aqua saying. We also have no idea what each place sold. #1 for the month could be 30k and #4 15k for all know.

Top Bottom