• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2015 [Nintendo Numbers, Majora's, MH4, ~XB1]

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Wii U keeps growing at its low pace.

New 3DS sales number is almost as good as the system itself. I'm obsesed with this platform right now, good to know it did well.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Does NPD actually combine 3DS + N3DS sales? PS4 could be at 350k or whatever and still be the #1 platform that way. And Nintendo can (obviously) claim otherwise.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The solution is simple, guys: Sony is not including handhelds in their PR.

Nanashrew

Banned
I'm hoping Nintendo is taking something from this because Majora's Mask was so under-appreciated for its time. I'm hoping that one of the things they learn is that people can be accepting of new formulas and ideas. I would love to see Zelda have a great deal of NPC interaction that are actually meaningful to the story like in MM. Also the improved Bomber's Notebook is brilliant for giving you some guidance without handholding or giving information away and would be nice to see in more games.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Sony killing it in Hardware. :eek:

Also surprised to see The Order get in when something universally praised like Sunset Overdrive could not chart.

February is a dry month isnt it? Compare to holiday months.

NateDrake

Does NPD actually combine 3DS + N3DS sales? PS4 could be at 350k or whatever and still be the #1 platform that way. And Nintendo can (obviously) claim otherwise.

Of course they do. The DSi was counted as the DS in NPD reports. Why would the N3DSXL not be considered a 3DS model?

Derpyduck

Banned
Sony killing it in Hardware. :eek:

Also surprised to see The Order get in when something universally praised like Sunset Overdrive could not chart.

Not surprised at all. Sunset Overdrive came out at the worst time of the year for a new game to be successful in. The Order launched at a time when it should have cleaned up. The fact that it didn't is very telling.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Monster Hunter :D

tumblr_mi14v4Gpm11rqkjmno1_500.gif

So the Nintendo sales are all being lumped together? As in the Nintendo Family?

Why? Seemed informative to me. Didn't know they sold that much more last month compared to Jan.

I'm talking about the useless metrics after the assertion regarding the jump in sales. Seems I'm not the only with that opinion either.

Oregano

Damn at Monster Hunter! I have a feeling it will hit one million in the west considering how its relatively more popular in Europe.

Kudos Capcom(& Nintendo) for their efforts.

Peru

Monster Hunter!

I've been dreaming (well not literally) of seeing it on the top 10 of NPD.. if only it could get to the top 10 of NPD... and it did! Combined with European performance we can now say it's firmly established in the west.

Charting is still impressive. Don't think Dragon Age Inquisition was able to chart and its on multiple platforms.

It also came out in November the busiest game month of the year

Seriously here was Novembe NPD 2014 Top 10

1.) Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (360, XBO, PS4, PS3, PC)
2.) Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
3.) Super Smash Bros. (NWU, 3DS)
4.) Madden NFL 15 (360, XBO, PS4, PS3)
5.) Assassin's Creed: Unity (PS4, XBO, PC)
6.) Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (3DS)
7.) Far Cry 4 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)
8.) Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS)
9.) NBA 2K15 (PS4, 360, XBO, PS3, PC)
10.) Halo: The Master Chief Collection (XBO)

Please tell me how DA:I or Sunset Overdrive were suppose to crack into that? The Order wouldn't have charted here either.

dakun

to be fair the bar of entry for SO to chart was higher since it was way busier with many high profile games

There's no way The Order would've charted in the Top 10 in October with the same amount of sales

Top Bottom